Chapter Twelve

My sleep felt long and restless but eventually it was over and so was the daylight. My eyes opened and I pulled myself out of bed.

I made my way to the door and down the street, taking my time.  Past all the houses, past city hall and continued to the forest. The moonlight bounced off of everything around me, making the village so peaceful, it calmed and soothed me.

I tracked my way through the trees and past the luscious brush lit from the moon. It was a beautiful silver that seemed to sparkle in the sky. Once I was far enough away from the village, my skin shifted and changed, as did the rest of me. As soon as my transformation was done I sprinted off towards the dragon grass, being careful not to trip from my excitement.

Without looking I accidentally ran into something... or rather someone. I turned my head up to see Toothless standing back up on his paws and he looks back at me, I smile at him with my teeth. He didn't really understand but tried to smile back anyways. It was so cute, he was cute. Wait, what did I just say?

I quickly roll over and get up. Shaking the thought from my head. I take a couple steps towards the dragon grass and look back at Toothless, telling him to follow me. I dash towards the dragon grass, glancing back every once in a while to make sure he was following me.

The grass was in sight and my tongue stuck out in excitement, I dived into the dragon grass and rolled around in it. Toothless jumped in it as well and rolled with me. I stopped rolling, laying on my back and basking the moonlight with my eyes closed, my dark tail swished in the air.

============================

(Toothless POV)

We rolled in the dragon grass. It was so much fun! I really liked my time with her.

She stopped rolling around and I stopped too. I looked over at (Y/N), I was breathless. She laid on her back in the grass staring at the moon, the silver light bounce off her scales. I took in her every feature, her shape, her face and all of its details, her wings, her tail. She's so beautiful in this moment, and on top of all this she's another night fury!

I could tell my heart beat faster when she was near and when she was far I missed her. I went over and laid next to her on my back just like her, she looked over and I did the weird open mouth thing they have. It made her giggle and it was adorable. I got as close as I could and looked up at the open night sky filled with the white dots.

I shut my eyes and took a big breath. I felt a wet and warm thing quickly cross my cheek, it was a tongue. My eyes shoot open in surprise and my mouth falls open as a red hue covers my face. I glance over at (Y\N), seeing her happy made me happy too.

She gently rested her head on me and closed her eyes. She was falling asleep right next to me! I tried my best to stay as still as I could, I really didn't want to wake her. She was so cute laying there, and I could feel red spreading lightly on my face.

============================

(Your POV)

I felt so comfy, laying there. I was starting to feel sleepy. Closing my eyes, I rested on Toothless. My consciousness slipped away. Slowly losing my sense of everything around me, I drifted into rest, despite having just slept.

My sleep felt fast, as I sat in a void watching the emptiness around me. My woke to feel poking of a... finger? I rolled away and groaned, I just wanted to stay here, I didn't want to- Wait, a finger?!

I shot up, my eyes snapped opened and I got into a defensive stance. My eyes focused on the potential threat, as soon as my eyes landed on him, I calmed down. It was only Hiccup, he raised his hands in a surrender motion. I snorted and turned away beginning to walk.

"Wait!" Hiccup called after me. I only slowed my pace and twitched my ears in his direction. He ran after me and walked beside me, I paced in the direction of the pond. Hiccup examined me, drawing my figure in a book of his, tapping his chin with his pencil. "Female?{Or male, I guess}"He mumbled to himself.

As soon as I made it to the edge of the cliff to the pond, I bounced off and flew around before landing on a tall rock, choosing it as my perch. Something started bounding towards the pond through the trees, it could easily be recognized as Toothless. He crashes through the trees and tumbled down the cliff face.

"Ah, Toothless!" Hiccup exclaims, Toothless lifts his head, because he landed on his back, his goofy, happy face turns to Hiccup. Hiccup picks up a saddle I hadn't noticed before.

I rest my head on my paws and listen to the noises around us, not paying much attention to Hiccup and Toothless. Who seemed to be flailing about in the corner of my eye.

I hear a sudden rustle of bushes and in a flash I pin down the unnoticed intruder, grabbing the attention of the boys. I snarl before I realize who it is, it was Astrid. When she noticed her situation, she screamed. It wasn't a really loud scream, but a scream nonetheless. Hiccup rushes over and immediately tries to pry me off Astrid, who was terrified to the point it was funny.

"She's a friend, it's okay!" Hiccup shouts. I already knew that, I seize my snarling and slowly back off. Hiccup helps Astrid up. I glance to Toothless, his stance shows defensive.

Once Astrid is steady she looks to me, to Toothless, and finally to Hiccup. Opening her mouth to speak, "You've got a LOT of explaining to do."

{*Insert excuse for not writing*. Yeah, I just don't have one. I'm just lazy, but hey! At least I got the chapter out! Also, HOLY MOTHER OF COWS AND CHICKENS! So, you're telling me, that 10 THOUSAND people, saw this title, and this picture, and clicked on it, and read it?! That's not something I was expecting... thank you guys so much for all of this support!}