Chapter Sixteen

{Slight warning, I'm basically writing this chapter from scratch because I haven't touched it since forever ago when I stopped writing, the plot will almost definitely follows a different line than originally intended but I kinda want to finish this book so I have more reason to write a new one, I'm also not going to watch and follow the movie plot obsessively like I did before, so it's going to be a little off script, okay enjoy~}

It was barely a few hours before Hiccup talked to Astrid about Toothless, "... so we need to help him!" Hiccup finished.

Astrid paused for a moment to consider, making Hiccup and I hold our breath in anticipation... "Well then, we'll need more help then this." Hiccup and I tilted our heads in confusion.

A little while later after an explanation, gathering both the gang and the training dragons, Hiccup got to work on training them to be riders. Helping Snotlout with the monstrous nightmare, guiding Fishlegs with the gronkle, trying to stop the twins butting heads on the zippleback and assisting Astrid with the deadly nader.

While finalizing the preparations with the saddles, Snotlout suddenly leaned into my personal space, "Y'know Y/N, if Hiccup doesn't have a dragon for you, you can ride with me, I'll make sure to keep you safe." He boasted, pressing a thumb into his chest while smiling.

I shuffled a good step back before saying, "Umm, thanks for the offer but it won't be necessary because, um..." shyly, I looked away to see Hiccup sending a reassuring smile towards me before continuing, "... it won't be necessary because I'll be flying myself there, I'm a dragon."

This caused everyone to stop, except for Hiccup of course. Everyone's (except for hiccup) eyes widened, Ruffnut ripped away from clashing helmets with Tuffnut and shouting "WHAT?!" before sliding over, wrapping her arm around my shoulders and asking, "So when are you going to show us what you look like as a dragon?"

Tuffnut had fallen over and faceplanted after his sister had pulled away so quickly, fixing himself in time to follow up his sister's question with, "Yeah! And I bet the transformation looks wicked! Bones having to morph and change to increase to the size of a dragon!" he talked animatedly with his hands, however, hearing this made my face go red.

"Hey!" I shouted, "Don't say things like that! And besides, I won't let any of you see me transform anyway!" My arms folded over my chest as I tried to calm myself down.

Fishlegs had been so shocked upon hearing I was a dragon, he wasn't able to stop his gronkle from accidently drifting into a wall and knocking him off, but, finally having recovered, wandered over to ask, "Why not Y/N? It's definitely a process that would be worth documenting even!" This idea made him perk up, "OOH!! I should get my notebook!" He exclaimed, opening his jacket to rummage for his pencil and notebook.

This comment sent an uncomfortable chill running through my spine, "Ugh! No, you will not be writing that down!" I quickly said, following up soon after, "It's embarrassing, it's basically the same as asking someone to shower in front of you!" I explained, the heat unable to leave my face from anger and embarrassment.

Everyone seemed a little put down at not being able to see it, but that wasn't about to change my answer, no sir-ee.

We quickly finished anything else we needed to do and after I transformed in a private space (and everyone took a moment to marvel at my new form while I sourly waited for them to be done), we took to the skies. Although quickly Astrid began to question how we would find them. To which I responded, "You're asking like 5 dragons, and one of them can speak English. Like, c'mon... just follow me." I took a deep breath analyzing all the different smells before focusing on the one of the ships and Toothless and drifting towards the correct direction, everyone else following along.

Our flight felt long, and though we left at about midday, we only began to near the island once it began to get close to sunset.

As we approached and everything came into view it was chaos, there were many Vikings and dragons splayed along the shore of the island. Stabbing, slicing, scratching, clawing, biting, and tearing at each other. Blood began to spew across the soft shimmering sand, coating it in a thick, dark red.

The boats were just off the side of the battlefield, as more men still raced off the vessels to join this unholy war. I began borderline racing towards the boats as even from up here I could see Toothless struggling and writhing in the chains. In my hurry to get to Toothless I hardly noticed the other riders rushing into the battle, which side they were helping I could've guessed but I didn't care at the moment, being locked in on the one that mattered most to me right now. I nearly crashed on to the boat with how much force I landed with, only stopping myself so as to not break a hole into the boat, which may sink the ship and drown Toothless.

I cried out to him the whole time approaching, giving him some happy chirps and nuzzling now that I've gotten close enough, quickly snapping out of it before going straight to pawing and clawing at the chains. My dragon form may have been strong but these chains had hooks of a specific size, a size which I couldn't fit my claws into. Hiccup soon arrived from the back of Astrid's deadly nader, quickly running over to address and help with the situation.

Positioning himself at the base of a chain he grabbed the link and began to pull with all his strength. Despite the embarrassment it makes me feel, I swallowed my pride and quickly changed to my human form, giving my hands a better shape to attempt to help remove the chains. I position myself at the base of a chain link as well and started pulling on the chain with more strength then I thought I had in this form, but even between mine, Hiccup's and Toothless's efforts, the chains didn't seem to budge.

However the destruction upon the beach seem much more insignificant to the threat that suddenly burst out from the mountain, demanding attention from everyone there to look upon it. The behemoth rose from the mountain, causing smaller dragons to quake in the presence of their ruler and it sent them running. Waves of pure flames got blasted down upon the beach from the red death, setting everything and everyone in it's path ablaze.

Unluckily for us, one particular fireball that shot out of mouth came crashing down...

... right through the middle of the boat.

{1074 words... yippie! I'm not dead, it's only been, like, what, 2 years? :p OOPS... anyway, I've been wanting to get back into writing this series so I can finish it cuz I really want to be able to say that I finished this book, BUT, I am a very bad procrastinator and I only want to write at like 12 am, so tonight I'm doing it out of impulse, please excuse ant typos I will probs review this when I go to write the next chapter, okay see you next time!}