Chapter Eleven

I groaned in bed, glaring at him in my head. In an annoyed tone I asked "Do I have to go?"

"The whole town will be there, some of them insisted that we waited until you joined us." He said replied cheerfully. Looks like I'll have to sneak away.

I looked at him groggily, "Fine I'll go, but get out so I can change." I spoke to him even though the thought of a dead dragon made me want to puke and murder the whole town at the same time. He left my bedroom and I lifted the sheets rather slowly, the longer it takes to get there, the better.

Getting dressed took a long while as well. Strangely enough Snotlout didn't say anything from outside the door, he only stayed quiet. After I had finally finished getting dressed, I slugged my way out of my room. Looking to the left and the right, not seeing Snotlout I peeked in a few rooms in the house.

Finding him in the kitchen, I looked at him with disinterest as I leaned on the doorframe. After waiting a couple of minutes he still didn't notice me, so I got up to go back to my room. The doorframe creaked in the process, looks like this house is quite old. "Oh, are you ready to go?" Snotlout asked. I dipped my head a bit in disappointment that I couldn't go back to bed and forget about today.

Turning around, I nodded. He smiled mischievously and we both left. Him leading the way of course, I followed distantly while my stomach was beginning to churn and twist. Snotlout looked at me a little concerned, "Are you okay, Y/N? You're pale." He told me.

"I'm perfectly fine." I replied and picked up my pace, rushing past him.

~Later~

We're finally at the arena and everyone seems to be excited for me being there. Stoic greeted me, "Ah, (Y/N)! I know how hard you worked to kill the dragon, so even though it's not you, I thought you still would have liked to watch the beast go down." I nodded my head in respect, not smiling, not frowning. Just a blank face.

I stepped over to the arena and looked inside, it was empty, aside from the rack of sharp weapons and shiny shields. Stoic took his place again and the entry gate was raised, Hiccup stepped inside and the gate closed behind him, he looked to the weapon rack. He picked up a shield and a small dagger, everyone was confused at that. One of two things is going to happen, he's not trying to kill the dragon and he's going to tame it like he did Toothless or he's trying to make the dragon's death very slow and painful.

The door on the other side of the ring was opened, Hiccup clutched his shield close just in case. The dragon stepped out, it was a monstrous nightmare! It lashed and let out a cry, I held back from telling it to be careful by biting my lip, so hard I was pretty sure it was going to bleed.

Hiccup began to talk, "We don't have to kill dragons," he held his dagger so the nightmare could see it, then chucked it to the side, "we can live together with them." He placed down his shield slowly and began to approach the nightmare with his hand extended. Hiccup had kept his eyes on the nightmare this whole time. The nightmare moved closer and closer, Hiccup's hand and its nose were about to touch when stoic suddenly shouted, "Get him out of there!".

The nightmare became frantic as people mumbled in panic. My eyebrows furrowed and a frown was formed upon my face. I turned and left quickly, no one seemed to notice.

I went over to the forest, a place where I could properly calm down. I stepped over branches and walked along trails until I made it to the hole that I first saw Hiccup with Toothless. I saw down on a rock by the lake side, placing my elbows on my knees and my head on my palms. I took off my boots and socks and placed my feet in the water, the cold water felt nice against my feet. There was footsteps, and a presence. I turned around and saw Snotlout, I looked back to the water and dismissed him. "Hey. You disappeared when the people got panicky. I can understand why but, why did you come here?"

"This area calms me a lot, I wanted to get away from the panic." I lied. "So, why did you follow me?" I question him, he turned... red? Was he blushing? Why would he be blushing?

"Well," He said, scratching the back of his neck, "when I saw you wander off I got curious as to where you were going. Sorry about following you..." I 'hmm'ed in acknowledgement, and stared deep into the cool, calm water.

"What are they going to do with Hiccup?" I asked, a little concerned for him.

"What happens with him is up to the chief." Snotlout looked a little upset. I nodded, standing up. "Where are you headed to next?"

"I'm going back to sleep." I stared into his eyes, something said he was distracted by something else. Nonetheless, he nodded and I turned and walked away.

Back through the trees, broken branches crunching beneath my feet and pebbles clinking against  each other as I stepped on them. Listening to small streams and critters in the forest.

After travelling across town, I finally made it back to my house. Although it was daylight, I had plans for the darkness. I got all of my main clothes off and laid down in bed, finally closing my eyes, I drifted back into a dreamless sleep.

{Hi... so... Did you like the chapter? I hope so...... Give a thanks to @the_untitled_game for motivating me to write all of the chapters, it's been a slow process, but I'm moving forward with the story for sure. Please though, don't be too excited for the next chapter.}