12. She is on Fire. Unknowingly Igniting the World around Her

Start from the beginning

Was I just letting the two of us burn, by constantly wanting to keep my distance? I had promised myself I would go as far as to at least consider this thing we had. This... relationship we were developing.

Maybe I was just so afraid of opening up to Niall, that I actually ended up never even giving him the chance to get to know me. But what if he ended up betraying me? I had opened up to one too many in my past doing exactely that to me; I could not let another soul harm me that way, while I was all fragile and exposed to the person.

It was just too easy to stab the dagger in my unprotected, naive and messed up heart. I did not think I could handle it, if Niall did that to me as well.

I was standing with the dripping dish brush down my side staring out through the window, as my phone started buzzing dragging me back to reality.

"Hello this is Molly speaking,"

"Well morning Molly!" my grandmother's voice said. I smiled, I really missed them, "I was just calling to ask, if you want to come eat dinner with us tonight? At our place. We have some friends of ours, whom we would like you to meet. Pete and Lissie will be attending a birthday-sleepover, so it's gonna be us grown ups only!" My granny announced cheerfully, "Oh yes - and I hear you are spending some time with some celebrities? Lissie talks about it every minute of the day, I tell you. They are going to the birthday party at six, maybe you can come over before and tell about it, if you like?"

"That would be absolutely perfect! I would love that, I can be there at four, would that be fine?" I asked, while unconsciously stirring the dish brush in the water of the washbasin. I could really use some time with my family.

"Perfect! I'll see you there then," my granny answered.

This was going to be a good day.

NIALL's POV

I was really wondering, what Liam's big idea was all about. Why had he not wanted to tell me last night?

I had been asleep for hours; the sun stood high on the sky and I opened my laptop, while still lying in bed. On twitter I had - as usual - thousands of mentions and I followed some few, smiling whenever I read some of those sweet messages. Wondering why Molly did not use her account more often, I noticed there was an hour till we had to go to that signing. We were to meet at Zayn's apartment, where security and management would pick us up.

Wait. One hour?

I jumped out of the bed and hurried to the bathroom to get ready.

I ate a little breakfast; cereals with milk, toast, tea, more toast, leftover pizza and some of the Chinese food I had not finished from last night (a boy needs a good start of the day!). While eating my mind wandered off deep in thoughts.

Last night had been amazing! Sophie and Molly were just awesome people, witty, sweet, and interested. All of that. They did not treat us as the world famous boy band, we actually were; instead they treated us like normal boys.

The other guys really enjoyed it as well I could tell: it was just like spending time with Eleanor and Danielle - just very normal and everday'ish, it felt very natural.

I had really loved finally kissing those perfect lips of hers, she was just all over so lovely. I smiled at the thought of her blushing every time I had smiled at her. The way she had embraced me, when we had said our goodbyes. The way she had been all embarrassed over the attention and compliments, she had gotten for that incredible painting. I had to talk to her again soon.

Damn, no more food. I sighed and decided to drop in on Zayn earlier than planned. Maybe he had more to eat.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x