Chapter 1:

As I stepped out into the bright sunlight, from the darkness of the plane, I had only two things on my mind. Getting to my grandparents house, and getting there without getting jumped.

I just moved from the dumps of my home in New York and was on my way to my new home (my grandparents house. Lacy Striker, my grandma; and Jeremy Striker, my grandpa).

The wind blew my long locks of dark brown hair as I quickened my pace. I haven't seen my grandma and grandpa in a long time and I was excited to see them again.

Each step I took got me closer to my final destination. Home. My mom passed away when I was thirteen. She died of serious injuries. My father on the other hand, he's an abusive drunk, and I hardly ever talk about him.

If it weren't for my grandparents I would have been stuck there till child services or the cops found me dead on the hard cement floor of the basement; my body covered in scars and bruises. 

I have visited Tulsa Oklahoma, but only when I was very young... when my mom was still alive. This place reminded me of all the good times I had here with her, and I was glad that I could finally live free.

My grandparents house was still another two kilometers away so I decide I wouldn't rush myself. Instead I slow my pace back down to a normal walk and looked around at the scenery. 

I passed the old ice cream shop I made my mom take me to whenever I was upset, the miniature park I used to play on all the time, the same old gas station called the DX where my mom and I got slushies, and the lovely theater house where I watched 101 Dalmatians.  

I was near the back alley of some houses when I hear screaming. I immediately halt in my place.

I listen even closer and I heard it again "Darr-!" it was ended short. Being my curios self I run towards the sound of the struggling scream. I stop again when I see a few socs beating on a boy who looked maybe two or three years younger than them.

I knew about socs. My mom told me to stay away from them. She said, and I quote, "they're no good sons of bitches." I still trust her word to this day. 

I filled with anger as I saw the one huddled over the dark brown haired greaser boy pull a blade out. 

I run towards the four socs who were egging on the one soc about to cut the helpless greaser. When I reached yelling distance I yelled "hey!" The five socs all looked up confused. Once they saw me their pretty rich boy faces grew a tiny smirk.

"Five against one doesn't seem fair" I say once I get close enough. The greaser on the ground looks up at me confused yet thankful. I look down at his brown eyes and give him a slight smile before I look back up at the five socs grinning. 

I may be a good girl but that doesn't mean I can't be strong.

"Why don't you and your pretty little face run along so me and my friends can finish what we started?" the one on top of the greaser says before putting the switchblade closer to the greasers chin.

"No, I think I'll stay here and even up the odds a bit" I say smartly. The soc with the switchblade got up off of the greaser and walked over to me, but before he could get any closer a greaser with a grey muscle shirt jumped in front of him. 

The soc's face filled with fear as all five of them ran back towards their car.

A guy in a blue shirt was the next to run out followed by one in a white shirt and flannel, A guy with a muscular build ran up to the greaser on the ground while another one in a brown leather jacket threw a large branch at the car that was now getting away. All the while a dark brown haired boy with a scar on his cheek stood a distance back.

The greaser with bright blue eyes and the flannel ran back towards the boy now sitting on the ground. 

The greaser with the grey muscle shirt and a swirl in his hair approached me first "real brave of ya to stick up against those socs" he says with a smile.

I return a soft smile back "yeah, five against one didn't seem all that fair. Thought I would even up the odds a bit" I say. 

"The names two-bit" he says while holding out his hand "Gracie" I say with a smile taking his hand. "The funny looking one over there is Steve" "says the one with a swirl in his hair!" Steve said walking over to where two-bit and I were standing.

"Nice to meet ya" he said with a nod. The boy with the gorgeous blue eyes stood up from the ground, helping the other one on the ground up.

"I'm Sodapop" he says as he walks over to me "thanks for saving my little brother" he says with a smile so innocent. I smile back in response "that's Darryl" he said pointing to the greaser with a muscular build.

"Call me Darry" he says with a nice smile "this here is mine and Soda's younger brother Ponyboy" he says wrapping his muscular arm around Ponyboy.

"Ponyboy and Sodapop? Fun names" I reply with a smile and a chuckle "tell me about it" Ponyboy said as he walked over to the greaser with the scar on his cheek. "This is Johnny" Ponyboy says. Johnny gives me a smile, and I return it.

"That over there is Dallas Winston," Ponyboy says. 

I look over to who he was staring at and my eyes met with a handsome brown haired greaser with dark brown eyes lighting a cigarette, and holding it between his teeth. When his eyes locked with mine I immediately knew... he was trouble.

************************************************************************************************************

Hey guys! I hoped you enjoyed the first chapter!