Chapter 7: Romance: Threath

Anna Wilson's Point of View

"Hello?" I answered the my phone who kept on ringing and ringing.

"This is Fernanda General Hospital. We insisted that you are related to Mr. Francis Walters..." the caller replied. Huh?

"Why madam? I'm his co-adviser in Franklin University. Why are you calling from the hospital?" I asked with a frown.

"Mr. Walters asked for you to come. He was found in his apartment bloodily beaten. Thank God he survived." The nurse caller stated, making my eyes widen in shock.

What? Bloodily beaten? By who?

"I'm coming. Thank you for calling." I ended the call after the nurse nodded. Without any thought, I grabbed my purse and waited for a taxi to take me to that hospital.

While waiting outside the boarding house, I kept on thinking about Francis being bloodily beaten.

By the way, it's been two weeks and Ares is still not coming to school. He's always absent, I never seen him again.

Then a taxi stopped infront of me, then I headed towards the hospital.

***

"Mr. Walters room?" I asked the nurse.

"Oh, room 45. Second floor. Are you Ms. Wilson?" She asked as I nod. She smiled before I headed towards the assigned room.

Oh my, what happened to Francis?

Room 43. Room 44. There, room 45.

Without any negative thoughts, I twisted the door knob and opened.

I gasps.

"Hello there Anna Banana..." a bed-ridden, beaten Francis is on the white bed with white bandages around his face and body. Oh my graceous. Who did this?!

"Francis..." I hardly look at his situation. His left eye was bandaged, his right cheek turned bluish, his both arms were bandaged and stocked while his left cheek turned big. A lot of blood was oozing from his nose.

He smiled with a laugh. "I survived."

"You're crazy. You still manage to joke like that looking at your situation?" I asked angrily. He's badly beaten but thank God he survived. But, why would someone do this?

He chuckled.

"How did it happened?" I asked and grabbed a seat for myself, examining him.

"I was about to take bath in my apartment last night when someone broke into my room. I got myself out of the bathroom but I didn't have the time to defend myself when two men in black locked me on the floor while another one who I don't see his face, started stomping on me!" He replied hysterically.

I look at him with pity as he hadly speak because of his cuts.

He continued. "They covered my eyes and my mouth so I didn't have the chance to shout for help. They beat me to death but someone came and saved me."

"Who saved you?" I asked with some questioning looks.

"Well, it's Ms. Verna..." I almost laugh. Oh, Verna really is a great friend.

"How did she know you're in trouble?" I asked.

"Well, she just came to surprize me but at the same time, saved me from those killers." He replied with a tiny smile. "The killers run out of the window and there, I lost consceousness. Then I just found myself here, still alive..."

"But thank God you still survive..." I stated and he smiled. "But, didn't you hear the killers' voices or something...?"

"They didn't talk. They just did that to me without any trace and evidence." He said with a very worrying tone. "Well that's not important. What's important is I'm alive..." I swat him softly.