Makki

~Nikki's P.o.v~            

I wonder around looking for Max, I knew that he cares about me! But he ran off alone for some reason, I just don't know why!I spot the boy looking at the lake, admiring it? He turned around "Now what..." He mumbles under his breath.. Poor guy he is upset...I sit by him on the dock, "What's wrong Max? Why did you leave me and Neil?" I say worried. He sighs, that's enough for me to know he's upset! "Max, please you know I don't tell secrets! well-" He turns his head to look at me, visibly upset "Nikki fuck off okay?? Go away it's not like you care!" I feel a rush of sadness as he said that, I wonder whats wrong with him.. Did somebody hurt him or did Neil say something wrong? "L-Listen! I'm not letting my friend be upset by whatever the darn hell it is!" I grab his attention as I was talking softly but now I was yelling. Max closes his eyes "David said that he cant adopt me, my parents still want me to be with them. EVEN THOUGH THEY DON'T GIVE A SHIT!" I cover my mouth, ugh Max's parents are such assholes! They don't care about him! "Max.... I'm sorry" I mumble. Max gives me a half smirk but then looks down. "David tried you know Nikki? He is annoying as HELL, but he is better than my parents. I just- want David." I quickly notice that his eyes are watery! THAT'S NOT A GOOD SIGN! EVEN FOR MAX! I hug him so quickly he almost stumbles into the lake. "Max.... I know you don't like hugs but I really care for you and so does David. I know this won't help but I think it will get better and-" Max hugs me back suddenly, he starts to sob on me really hard. I feel really really bad and start to cry. But I already was crying so this wasn't a surprise... but Max openly talking about his feelings is pretty cute- I mean out of character! Max is hugging me talking about his parents, and i'm nuzzling his black fluffy hair assuring him. After a while though, we do get up and smile at each other. "Max, lets go back okay?" I say softly. Max rolls his eyes "Okay fineee, but if David says another word about fire safety..I'm literally gonna kill myself" I snicker and we walk back. "Holy crap the sun is already setting?! How long have we been hug- talking?" Max yells out on our way to the mess hall. I look up, man its beautiful... Neil opens the door for us "And where have you two been?!" I look at Max and grin. Max's face turns red and I yell"Trying to chase a squirrel, but then MAX TRIED TO KILL THE SQUIRREL!" Max looks at me, surprised that I came up with something that quick. David runs to Max for some reason? "woah woah calm down asshole, whats with the very large smile? its bigger than usual." Max says out loud, smirking. David looks at him dead in the eyes and picks Max up. "Max guess what!" He says out loud. Thank god no campers are here, they'd make fun of Max more than me and Neil could ever do! Neil, Max, and me stay dead silent. "I'm adopting you!" David says out loud. "wait really!?"Max yells out as he hugs David crying a little, but still being cool about it. Neil looks at me, letting them both keep their moment "So I went looking for you two and- why were you rubbing Max's hair while he hugged you?"  Neil asks smugly. Oh yeah, I remember that I was rubbing his cute- SOFT hair. I didn't even notice anybody or anything, it was all a blur because of Max's stories and jokes were so much better- but I totally forgot! "Nikki?" Neil says shaking me. I open my eyes wide "WE WERE HUGGIN- only hugging- and I dont know why his hair was soft- and-" I groan in embarrassment, I notice Neil was wiggling his eyebrows smirking "I wont tell anybody, okay?" Neil says kindly. I nod my head as Max and David walk over, crying from joy. Its so nice to see that Max isn't always rude and he has a nice side! "David put me the hell down now." Okay half nice. "Alright, son!!" David cries out as he sets Max down. Max grabs my hand and walks me out, I swear to god that I saw Neil smirk. But I wonder why Max is bringing me out instead of Neil? Neil and Max are closer friends that we are. But I cant help but wonder what he might tell me?

                                                    ~cya later for now~