29

San groaned as his eyelids fluttered, briefly opening his eyes before squeezing them shut. After a moment he slightly opened them again, looking around disoriented.

"Wha-where am I?" He groaned softly, still looking around. The room looked vaguely familiar but he couldn't remember from where. He slowly tried to sit up, seeing Seonghwa sitting against the wall across the room.

"H-hwa?" San croaked, coughing afterwards. His voice was still weak, throat throbbing with pain. Seonghwa looked up at the cough, standing to walk over to San.

"How do you feel San?" He asked, sitting on the edge of the bed and grabbing a small glass of water from the side table. San hadnt even noticed that. He looked around again, now recognizing the room as his room at the inn.

"Here, drink this, it'll help your throat" Seonghwa held the cup out to San, helping him take small drinks. San winced when the cool liquid ran down his throat but closed his eyes once it was over, the temperature soothing his sore throat slightly.

"Better?" Seonghwa asked and San nodded, opening his eyes again. He observed the older, noticing the tense line of his shoulders and the strong mix of emotions in his eyes. As he looked longer he could recognize them as anger, sadness, and fear.

"What's wrong? What happened?" San whispered, watching as Seonghwa sighed, looking at San's face for something he didnt know. He didnt seem to find it and looked bcak down.

"Hwa, what happened? Where are the others?" San asked slightly louder, a small feeling of panic seeping into his chest.

"Calm down San, what do you remember from yesterday?" Seonghwa soothed his, setting the glass on the table and running a hand through his hair.

"I-i remember getting here and going to the inn, me and Wooyoung went to our room before dinner and took a nap. Yeosang woke us up and we all went out, going to the festival afterwards. Wooyoung said-he said that he lo-loved me," San gasped, beginning to remember as the fog in his head began to clear. He recalled how he had bought the flower and Wooyoung's sudden confession. He remembered the soft lighting and shadows of the lanterns, kissing Wooyoung and leading them to a less crowded place, pushing Wooyoung against the wall and...and then-

"oh my god, Hwa, wheres Wooyoung?!" San looked up panicked, catching Seonghwa off guard with the volume.

"Thats what I wanted to ask you San, what happened after you left?" Seonghwa asked cautiously, eyeing the expression on San's face.

"We kissed and then-and then...Seojun and he came-there were so many-couldnt help-couldnt sav-" San gasped again, feeling his breath shorten in panic as he recalled the events of the night before.

"San-San calm down a bit, what about Seojun? What happened San?" Seonghwa asked, trying to keep his own voice steady. He reached out and grabbed San's shoulders, holding him steady and making eye-contact with him.

"Seojun, he-Wooyoung-he took him and-and I couldn't stop him and he ha-has Wooyoung" San stuttered, feeling his body shake. The emotions from the event were finally beginning to catch up to him, he could feel his body turning against him.

"San calm down, youre going to pass out if you dont calm your breathing" Seonghwa ran his hands along San's back, trying to keep himself calm as well as San. If Seojun had Wooyoung then there was no telling what could be happening or if Wooyoung was even alive after this long. San slowly felt his breathing calm, leaning forward to rest his face against Seonghwa's chest, burying himself into comfort.

"Will you be okay for now San? I need to talk to the rest" Seonghwa asked after a few moments, lightly running his fingers through the hairs at the base of San's neck. San slowly nodded and sat back, eyes puffy from unshed tears. Seonghwa bit his lip and sighed quietly. This was not good.