4

The group walked back to the main street, Wooyoung in between Mingi and Seonghwa and San walking behind them, lost in his thoughts once again. He looked up as the noise of a crowd got louder, glancing at the people around them. The others talked as they made their way towards the docks, not noticing the stares they were getting. The people stared, giving the group a large path to walk and San, who was still covered in blood, glared at anyone who was unfortunate enough to meet his eyes.

San could see the rest of the crew as they approached the docks, ducking his head and hoping not to be noticed immediately. The crew stopped talking as the group approached, running their eyes over them, most stopping on the new addition.

"Who's that?" Yeosang asked, gesturing to Wooyoung, so had his head down. The rest nodded, curious as well and Wooyoung tensed from all the attention. Seonghwa noticed this and laid a comforting hand on his shoulder. The boy relaxed slightly but still didn't look up.

"This is Wooyoung" Mingi was the one who finally spoke, laying a hand on top of Seonghwa's to try and comfort the boy some more. San looked at him from behind and noticed the still tense line of his shoulders and stepped forward quietly, leaned down slightly to whisper in his ear.

"Listen I know you dont like me very much but I know how you feel right now and I just want you to know that they wont hurt you. I dont know anything about you but I do know that you went through something and that it was something probably pretty bad. These guys, they wont hurt you, plus there's Joongie, remember?" San whispered feeling the boy tense slightly at his proximity before relaxing.

"Joongie?" Wooyoung whispered excitedly. San smiled slightly before nodding, causing the boy to smile widely.

"Yeah Joongie, you just gotta look up and let them see you, okay?" The boy nodded and took a deep breath. Seonghwa, who heard the whole thing, smiled and watched as the boy slowly raised his head.

"Joongie?" He asked quietly, looking at Hongjoong, who looked confused for a moment before his eyes widened in recognition.

"Youngie?" He whispered in disbelief, tears appearing in his eyes. Wooyoung nodded, shaking slightly. Hongjoong walked forward, pace quickening the closer he got. The group surrounding Wooyoung stepped back, watching as the two embraced with tears in their eyes. This action caused San to be revealed from where he was hidden behind the others and Yunho's eyes flickered to him before widening in surprise.

"Holy hell, what happened to you San?" He exclaimed, running forward to check for injuries. San waved him off, shrugging.

"Don't worry about it, its not even mine" Yunho stopped in disbelief, running his eyes over San's blood-soaked figure and swallowed.

"What the fuck happened San?" Hongjoong asked, finally looking up. "And you," he pointed a finger at Mingi, "what happened to keeping him out of trouble?" Mingi swallowed and opened his mouth to reply but San cut him off, answering instead.

"He tried but I didnt listen. There was a group of men chasing that one there," he pointed at Wooyoung and Hongjoong tensed, "and he ran into us, literally. They showed up, demanding we give him back. I asked what was going on, they insulted me and long story short, they're all dead and we have a new member. Now if you'll excuse me, this blood is starting to make my skin itch." With that San walked towards the shore, leaving the others momentarily stunned. They watched as he crouched and began scrubbing his hands before carefully raising the water to his face. He stood and made his way back to the ship, leaving the crew on the land to talk.

"All that happened in the two hours we were seperated?" Hongjoong questioned and Seonghwa just nodded. Wooyoung stared after San and frowned.

"San...upset?" He asked looking over at Seonghwa. Everyone looked at him after he spoke, causing him to cower back again.

"No honey, hes not upset." Seonghwa reassured, patting his head and Wooyoung nodded, standing up straight again after he got used to the looks of the others. Hongjoong looked over at the boy next to him and frowned.

"Youngie, what happened to you?" He asked, scanning over the others face. Wooyoung frowned and opened his mouth before closing it again.

"He doesn't speak well Hongjoong" Seonghwa spoke and Hongjoong nodded.

"But he can understand us?" He asked and Seonghwa nodded. Wooyoung was staring at the ship again and frowning. Mingi followed his line of sight and smile slightly. Even if Wooyoung pretended not to like San, Mingi knew that he was grateful and wanted to talk to him.

"Wooyoung?" He asked, watching as the boy's attention snapped to him. "Do you wanna go see San?" He continued and Wooyoung hesitantly nodded, causing Mingi to smile again. Mingi held out a hand for him and Wooyoung grabbed it, walking beside Mingi to the ship. Seonghwa watched them walk and smiled before turning to look at Hongjoong.

"Hongjoong?" He asked and Hongjoong hummed. "How do you know Wooyoung?" Hongjoong bit his lip and looked around at the others, who seemed just as curious, and sighed.

"Not here, we'll talk on the ship" with that the group walked to the ship.

San startled at the sound of a knock on the bunk room door. He sat up as the door slowly opened, revealing Mingi. He sighed and laid back down.

"What do you want Mingi?" He asked, staring at the ceiling. He could feel the adrenaline from earlier leaving, drowsiness taking it's place. He felt his eyes close and waited for Mingi to answer.

"He wanted to come see you" San's eyes opened and he sat up again, only now noticing the boy next to Mingi. Wooyoung stood by Mingi in the doorway, almost hidden from the way he was standing behind him. He looked at San and then quickly looked back down when their eyes met.

"Ugh" San groaned, flopping onto his back. Wooyoung frowned at the other and tried to step away from the door, not feeling welcome. Mingi noticed this and held his hand tighter.

"San..." He spoke in a warning tone and San looked up at him, noticing the uncomfortable look on Wooyoung's face causing him to frown. He sat up and patted the spot next to him. Wooyoung cautiously moved forward after looking at Mingi for confirmation. He sat next at the the end of San's bunk and looked at the older. San reached out and brushed his bangs from his face, letting his fingers linger before pulling them away. He looked over at the door to speak to Mingi, only to realise that it had been closed and Mingi was no where to be found. He sighed again, causing the frown to return to Wooyoung's face.

"San?" He asked cautiously, his accent making the words somewhat hard to understand. San looked up and noticed that the frown had returned, mentally kicking himself. He didnt understand why this bothered him so much.

"Yes Wooyoung?" He answered scanning his eyes over the boy's face, looking for any sign as to why he looked so unhappy.

"You...no...like me?" Wooyoung asked, pointing to himself and San swallowed.

"No, no," he started, only to stop when Wooyoung's frown became deeper, and he internally panicked. "Thats not what I meant, I do like you Wooyoung. I promise" he finally completed his statement and Wooyoung's face softened a bit before he opened his mouth to talk once again. It took him a few moments to gather the words to speak and San waited patiently for him to start, watching as Wooyoung's eyebrows furrowed a bit before smoothing back out, and smiled at the action.

"You...me...stupid" Wooyoung eventually stated and it San a moment to realise that he was talking about when he had called him stupid. San sighed and wished he could go back in time.

"I didnt mean it, okay?" He asked and waited for Wooyoung to nod before continuing, "I had a bad day and I was angry, okay?"

"Okay..." Wooyoung answered seemingly more comfortable after that conversation. San yawned and felt the drowsiness come back now that he wasn't so on edge.

"Say Wooyoung, are you tired?" The boy thought for a moment before reluctantly nodding. San smiled and moved closer to the other.

"You wanna take a nap?" He asked and when the other nodded he laid down, patting the spot next to him for Wooyoung to lay down. They fell asleep like that and if Mingi had been outside listening to the whole thing, there was no one to say anything. He cracked the door open and smiled at the sight infront of him. San laid on his back with Wooyoung curled around him, much like a cat, both sound asleep. He closed the door and turned before walking away to find the others. What an interesting day.