Prologue

People want it. People dream about it.

San stared out at the sea, wondering what was past the horizon. War? Gold? Safety? He didn't know and doubted that he ever would. He was stuck at the docks. Working with the boats but never getting to be on them, never leaving and never resting. He had to work or he would die. That's what happened to useless people.

It can be different to every individual

Wooyoung dreamed of a place far from where he was. He dreamed of a place with no boss and no dirty scumbags to deal with. That was the only thing he thought about, well that and survival. He vowed to himself that one day he would get out of this place or he would die trying. The latter was more likely but he hoped, if he didnt then he might as well already be dead.

It can complete us

San made a vow. He was done working himself to death. He was gonna get out of this place even if he had to steal a ship to do it. He closed his eyes as a warm breeze brushed his cheeks. Smiling slightly, San dreamed about the day he would finally leave.

Or it can destroy us

Wooyoung squeezed his eyes shut when he felt the rough hands of the man above him. He held back a flinch, feeling fingers run across his cheek. The hand grabbed his jaw and forced his head to the side.

"Look at me you whore," the man growled and Wooyoung reluctantantly opened his eyes, revealing the face of the man he had refused to look at.

"Good job," the man smiled, revealing yellowed teeth and Wooyoung restrained a whimper, that would only get him in trouble.

"Pay attention!" Wooyoung felt his head snap to the side. He felt the stinging in his cheek from the force of the hand. He looked directly forward and the man seemed pleased, resuming his previous actions. It took all Wooyoung had to hold back his tears but he did it, just like every other time.

And it can change the world

San flinched when the first explosion shook the ground. He heard screaming in the distance and concluded that the sound had come from the other dock. He scrambled to his feet just as another blast went off, knocking him off balance. He stumbled as he ran forwards, away from the sea and hopefully away from the explosions.

As San ran past the buildings he caught glimpses of the chaos, people running, fire covering the ground and the buildings surrounding, and a boat a bit away from the shore. He figured that was the cause of this, pirates. He continued to run as more attacks shook the ground behind him. He eventually reached the center of the small town and hid in an alleyway, deciding to wait there for the attacks to stop.

People call it...treasure

Wooyoung felt himself shake as he curled in a ball, hugging his knees to his chest. He felt himself shake as he sobbed, feeling disgusted and violated just like he did every time this happened. He felt himself stop shaking. He felt himself go still as he heard footsteps approach his door.

"Shut up you worthless whore!" the door slammed open, a man in fine clothing walking through it. The door smacked the wall with a resounding smack but Wooyoung didn't even move, just laid there staring at the man in the doorway. The man glared at him with a scowl on his face.

"What did I tell you about crying, huh?" The man growled, stalking closer to place where Wooyoung laid. Wooyoung still didnt move, just continued to lay still and stare.

"Answer me!" The man lurched forwards, entangling his fingers in Wooyoung's hair. He yanked upwards, forcing Wooyoung's head to follow but still he didn't react.