Chapter 16

"So who's Vincent,Ash?" I question her as she sets up her laptop on my desk and loaded Netflix. "Vincent is my boyfriend we met I had to go on a homeland mission in Korea, he was tied to a bomb and I saved him, in 30 seconds." She looked over my desk and pointed and the picture of me and Spencer when we were at dinner before I was in my accident. "That would be Spencer he's my boyfriend. We work together and his desk is over there." I pointed to where Spencer's desk was. "He's cute." I nodded "They had to go to Florida for a case. Anarchy." She looked grossed out when I showed her the pictures. "Glad I don't have to deal with that. I couldn't see that everyday."

The phone rings about 20 minutes into the movie we watch. The House at The End of The Street. With Jennifer Lawrence. I picked up the phone on my desk. "Marissa speaking." I leaned over and paused the movie. "Hey pretty girl, I need you to look something up or get Garcia to look it up she isn't answering her phone." "What do you need?" He mumbled something. "I need the name of anyone who recently moved to Daytona Beach and who has 2 children and the possibility of one of the children dying recently" I laughed and logged into my computer at my desk. "Derek I've got thousands of results. Can you narrow the search?" "Property taxes of a family who had a house recently built and then a fire happened and they lost a child." I typed that in to the search bar. "19 names.I just sent then to your handhelds and faxed a couple copies over to the Miami PD." He chuckled. "Good girl." I hears the dial tone and hung up.

"Who was that?" I leaned forward and clicked play again. " Derek Morgan. Personal Friend of mine who also works with me" She jolted up "Shut up. No way! The Derek Morgan?" I nodded. She got confrontable in her spinny chair. I sat back in my wheelchair. I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I know. Penelope is standing over me. "Wake up May, someone wants to talk to you." She pointed to the phone on my desk. "Line 3." I slowly rolled closer and picked up the phone. "Sorry did I awake you . I wanted to tell you goodnight before I went to bed." I smiled. "I was asleep, but I'm up now." He sounded troubled."Are you okay Spence?" I asked him. "Oh yeah, Marissa I'm fine. How about you?" I shook it off, something was bothering him, I'll ask him tomorrow. "I'm fine, I've been in this wretched chair for a week and it's annoying me. I miss you and I hope you are almost done with that case so you can come here and be with me." Great now you sound conceited. "I miss you so much Marissa its not even funny. I love you. I have to go now Morgan's being an ass. Goodnight sweetheart." My heart fluttered. "Goodnight Spence." I shut the phone. I wheeled into Penelope's office. "When are we leaving?" I asked coughing. "Right now. Your going to stay with me." I nodded and she handed me my bag. We pulled into the parking lot of her complex.