Chapter 37

For a while things were better. It wasn't until Jeremiahs 1st birthday that issues started to arise. Spencer wanted to go back to work and Marissa was already at work and that left no one to watch him and there was no daycare centers that could work with their obnoxious hours. Marissa sat on the couch stumped on what to do.

"What if we talked to other people who work at the area and see if others have kids that they need a daycare service for and start a petition or something like that." Marissa suggests.
"That way we can still spend time with him and he'll still be in an area we trust."

"That's a good idea, I'm not sure how many people have children at the office but lets ask around tomorrow."

And so they did. They found 8 parents with kids, they had a total of 12 kids plus their own that could use a watch center while their parents were off doing their jobs. Hopefully someone higher up would sign off on it.

"Alright. So there are 13 kids who are left in the hands of strangers or people not as capable of taking care of them while their parents are away and doing this job you never get to see this beautiful life form that you helped create. So we and along with at least 8 other parents would like a daycare center/overnight center put in place here so we can know our babies are safe and sound in a safe place such as this. We got all of the parents to sign a petition." Marissa finishes in one long sentence.

"I don't know about this" Hotch says to Marissa.

"All we want you to do is consider this, if your significant other did this job with you and you had a young child and no family that could watch the baby, would you rather have someone who is tested and trained through your work to watch your child is a securely locked building." Spencer interjects as he can see Marissa getting heated.

Marissas temper is heating up, she didn't think it would be this difficult to convince people. "Because as a mother, of a younger child, I would rather have someone you hire who has made it through the multiple background checks and every other check you do and training that can be taught watch my child while we're away on a case or even when we're doing our everyday work but our everyday work takes us away from home most days and you know this."

Everyone can tell she is emotional, after everything that has happened, she just wants her to baby to be well taken care of and she's worried he won't be if some 17 or 18 year old kid that babysat their younger siblings is getting to stay the night with their baby.

Which is completely understand if you take away your professional feelings about things and think of the innocent life that needs to be protected.

"Give me a few days to run it by the higher powers and I'll give you an answer." Hotch says firmly. "In the meanwhile, you guys have a case to work on. Get to the round room."

They sit in the room and listen to their new case.

"A 6 year old child went missing two years ago and last night they found him in a canyon in Colorado. He's alive but can barley talk, so I need Derek and Marissa to try and talk to him and the rest of you can split up and go talk to the first child's parents and the others left can go in and talk to the most recently missing child case, we think the cases are related. The second kid went missing around the same time just 2 years later and it was just as the first kid resurfaced and it was a mile from each other. Find out how they're related. Talk to parents, neighbors, anyone who may have known this kids."

It was a local case so we just had to drive 3 hours instead of taking the plane, which is good cause Marissa had been feeling unwell lately. She was going to get a wellness check up once they got back.