Chapter 31

(Marissa)

"Hey May, are there any babies coming along yet?" Morgan asked me again as I was getting packed.

"No and there won't be, Spence and I are just teenagers." I explain taking my books off my desk and walked to the elevator.

"Wait." I hold the elevator. I see Morgan, Aunt Jen and Emily running up. Its awkward for a few minutes.

"Marissa-." Aunt Jen starts to say but is cut of by the familiar elevator stopping signal.

"Oh great." I groan.

"At least now we can talk to you." Emily mumbles.

"Okay Marissa, listen. I know you think that you and Spence aren't ready to have kids, but there are plenty of us who think you are and want you to at least try. You're great with kids and you know somewhere that you want to have children with Spencer." I slide down the wall, admitting that Aunt Jen was right.

"Honestly I do want that, it's just after the last time I'm kinda scared. You know, I haven't slept with him since then." I whimpered.  

"I'm sure he understands." Morgan says.

"Yeah but he's still a guy with hormones and I'm not helping that case."

"Marissa, its okay. Spencer is understanding and patient."

"I know and he's to good for me and I'm just toxic to him."

"No honey you're not toxic. He loves you so much. I remember what he told me the day you came in with JJ." Morgan says

"What did he say?" Emily asked.

"She's pretty, then I said a pretty girl for pretty boy. He hit me but never stopped looking at you, I watched the way you two looked at each other. He called me that night before you came in with JJ and said he met a real pretty girl. A girl who kissed him and made him feel differently than anyone else." He soothed me.

"He really loves me?" I ask.

"Yeah, some much he'd do anything for you." Emily answered and then the elevator started moving.

(Spencer)

"I need to go home." Marissa demands at me causing me to jump off of the couch.

"I'll drive you there." I say.

"No Spencer. My home, it as been 2 years since my parents died and I'd like to go there."

"Where is there?"

"Kansas."

"Why there?"

"That's where I was born."

"Do I need to go with you?" I ask.

"If you want to." She smiles at me. She wants me to go. I can see it her eyes. I could read her like a book.

"Well get that nice ass packed." She smiles at me. I grab my bag and shove things into it. Her bag was waiting with her by the front door.

"Ready Spence?" She asks.

"Yeah." We walk to the car. Once inside I ask the question that was bothering me. "So how we getting there?"

"We are driving because my aunt from my mom's side doesn't want everyone to know I work for the FBI." She explains as she grips the steering wheel till her knuckles turn white. I gently pry her hands off the wheel and hold her hands in mine.

"Marissa, what's wrong?"

"I'm sorry Spence."

"Why baby?" I coo.