Daniel looked like an older version of Damien, but his eyes weren't as enthralling, they were just blue, no fancy coloured flecks around the iris. His greying hair was neatly combed and his low-cut, greying beard accentuated his strong jaw and sharp nose.

He had refilled his son's glass, handing it to him, "Let's go sit on the balcony, clear your head for a bit."

Daniel had not been able to help but chuckle at the double meaning of his words, seeing as where they had stood had a slight lingering scent of sex. He had grabbed the bottle of L'Essence De Courvoisier Cognac and had carried it with them onto the balcony, knowing that they would probably finish the entire bottle.

"How's mum?" Damien asked, trying to change the topic.

"Nice try, I know you spoke to her two days ago. You know that she's fine. Stop trying to change the subject and tell me more about you and Madame Mikayla," Daniel had taken a sip of his drink as he had relaxed on the chair.

He had not been able to help the smile that tugged on his lips as he remembered Mikayla calling him a 'mama's boy' some weeks before. There had been a lot of truth in her words, he had always been close with his parents and loved them dearly. Damien had an especially close relationship with his mother and he wasn't ashamed of it.

Noticing that his father was still waiting on his reply, he had run a frustrated hand through his hair.

"Dad, what makes you think that there's anything to tell yet?" Damien had asked, unsure whether or not he was ready to share his feelings for Mikayla.

Even though he had always told his parents everything, he had not been sure if he wanted to share Mikayla with anyone just yet.

"Son, you're one of the best businessmen that I know. But I've never taught you to be dishonest. Which is why you're so horrible when it comes to telling lies." Daniel had said, smiling.

Grumbling some more, he had replied, "Touché dad, touché!"

Downing his drink again, he had extended his short-stemmed crystal glass to his father who had poured some more cognac for him. He had needed the liquid courage for the conversation that had followed.

"Well... She's my personal assistant," Damien had started.

He had told his father about the first day he had met Mikayla, giving him the entire story of what had happened with Northefielde and his company. He had told his father about Mikayla, starting with where she was from, to how she had started working for him. He had also explained how they had expressed their feelings for each other. Of course, Damien had left out the physically intimate parts, but his father had probably already been able to fill in the blanks.

Finishing his drink, Daniel had topped his snifter back up as well as Damien's, "That's the thing about life and emotions. You have no idea when and what it will hit you with."

Raising his glass to toast with his son, "À ta santé!" Daniel had taken a sip of his cognac before adding, "Bring her by to the chateau sometime. Your mother is going to want to meet her sooner rather than later."

Damien had choked on the cognac, as it went down the wrong way, due to his father mentioning bringing Mikayla to Paris. He had never brought a woman home, ever, and he wasn't sure if it would be a good idea to introduce her to his parents so soon. Damien did not want her to feel like he was rushing her into anything. His face had become very red as he had hit his own chest, coughing some more.

"Don't worry son, I know that you've started falling for the heart of Moss," Daniel had laughed as he had pounded on his son's back to ease the coughing.'