Chapter 12

Later that night, after having had some dinner in her new apartment, Mikayla had a nice long shower. She hummed a soft tune while she dried her skin.

She picked out a simple nightgown to wear and held it in her hand as she walked back to her bedroom, wearing nothing but her underwear. Mikayla sat on the padded bench, located at the foot of her bed, where she proceeded to cream her skin.

As she stood up to put on her nightgown, her iPhone suddenly rang.

The sound of the familiar ringtone immediately put a smile on her face. Throwing her nightgown back on the bench, Mikayla picked up her phone and answered it as she laid on the bed, looking up at the ceiling.

"Yes Mr. Arnauld?" Mikayla said teasingly. Her smile could be heard in her voice, she knew that this was most certainly not a business call.

Hearing her greet him formally caused him to growl. The way she mischievously said his name made him hard instantly, "Miss Moss..." His voice was low and deep, "how has the rest of your day been? I supposed you've settled in completely by now?" Damien asked while he took a sip of his bottled sparkling water. He then laid back on a lounge chair on the main floor balcony enjoying the night air.

Mikayla let out a soft sigh, loud enough for him to hear as she shifted around on the bed, the silky sheets caressing her skin, "My day has been fantastic to be honest, too bad we were interrupted earlier," she giggled a bit, "but yes, I've finished unpacking. I love the closet space, though I don't own enough clothes to even fill half of it."

"We can change that," he said nonchalantly, the sound of her voice made him close his aquamarine eyes as he thought about earlier, "my father never did have great timing, I sorely regret his interruption."

Damien's mind could not help but drift back to earlier in the day. After Mikayla had run off due to the sudden and unexpected visit, he ended up having a long talk with his father, Daniel.

'As Mikayla had left the penthouse, Daniel had picked up his son's shirt from the floor and handed it to him with a big smile on his face, "About time you found someone."

Damien had watched as Mikayla's delicious ass disappeared around the corner. He had waited until hearing the elevator doors open and close before he had turned his gaze back to his father, taking back his shirt.

"What was that, dad, were you trying to embarrass me?" he had asked, his face a bit flushed.

"What? I say things as I see them, you know this. Besides, I tried calling you since this morning, it's unlike you not to pick up," Daniel had said, walking over to the bar area and pouring them both some French Cognac. "Had you answered your phone, you'd have known that I happened to be in the area unexpectedly. I wanted to know if you would have liked to go grab some lunch at The Dorchester. But I can see that you already had other lunch plans." The older man had teased at the end, as his bright blue eyes had lowered to the front of his son's crotch, "You might want to fix that."

Damien had always had a very honest and open relationship with his parents. Also, being European, things like talking about sex and nudity had never fazed them. However, that had not prevented Damien from being embarrassed by some of the things his parents said or did in front of him. His father pointing out his erection was on the list of awkward things that should never be mentioned.

"Shit! That hadn't happened since I was a teen," Damien muttered as he had groaned inwardly while adjusting the front of his pants.

He hadn't had an erection in front of his parents in years. He had known that he'd get teased about this for sure in the weeks to come.

Grumbling slightly, he had grabbed the crystal snifter from Daniel and had downed the brown liquid quickly, the fire burning in his throat and chest. Damien had shrugged back into his shirt, buttoning it halfway as his father had poured him another drink.