« Seven »

The words were still ringing in my ears

The words were still ringing in my ears. My heart was racing in my chest. I turned to look at Staton one more time, hoping we would have the same realization.

"Where's Julia?" He asks, standing on his tippy toes to try and get a better look at the crowd. I shake my head hoping for this night be to over once more and wishing that Julia was just in the bathroom or something.

I pushed past the people, trying to get to Breygan and Aria. They were the last two people to have seen her, and if anyone knew where she was it would be them.

"Where is Julia!" I shouted, grabbing Breygan's shirt as I launched through the last group of people. He stuttered backwards and I could smell the alcohol on his breath. How much had he have to drink? I did my best to hold him stable, but Aria was jumping on my back trying to pull me off of him. "She is missing where is she?" I asked a little more calm, but that didn't mean I had eased up. I was freaking out, my veins snapping at every passing second.

I felt responsible for her.

She was the only one that had real dreams, ambitions and here we were taking her away from all of that. Now was she was gone and I wasn't sure where to look first.

"She is probably just in the bathroom," Aria muttered, her words slurring together. My eyes shot to the empty glass on the table, the smallest amount of blue liquid still oozing over the ice cubes. Shit!

"You freaking idiots!" I shout once again before pushing Breygan as hard as I could. I needed to get some air to breathe, but I knew that wouldn't be an option until I could find Julia. She was so young, and she had no clue where we were at.

I felt like the worst friend in the entire world.

I shove my way through as many people as I could, searching for anything sign that would lead me to the bathroom. She could possibly be in there, but I felt like we would have seen her leaving the group if she had.

"Damn!" I shout, cursing myself for paying too much attention to Staton. If I would have been more focused this wouldn't even be a problem. But here I was, paying for my own lack of attention.

Finally the lights hit my eyes, the only one in this entire club that was solid. A large neon pink sign was tacked up on the wall and waiting below it was a long line of girls. Julia would never be in the bathroom if the line was this long. I scoff before jumping to the end of the line, scanning all of the girls to make sure she wasn't one of the ones waiting.

She was nowhere to be seen.

I found Staton as quickly as I could, hoping he would have more information for us. Unfortunately for me this was not the case.

"Where do you think she could have gone?" I question, hoping to come up with something quick. Images of the 'First 48' starts flashing through my mind, only allowing the anxiety to build up inside me. Soon I was going to explode.