The Verdict

I stopped right before I could see the results.
      "I'm not ready" I told her when I turned it upside down again
      "Aurora you have to" she said as she put a hand on my shoulder. I took a deep breath
      "Okay" I sighed "let's count down"
      "5, 4, 3, 2" We said in unison
      "1 and a half" I caught off
       "Aurora!!" She shouted at me.
       "I'm scareddd"
        "Zero"
       I closed my eyes and flipped the stick over
       "This can't be right" I said as tears free flowed from my face as I read the screen that said 'pregnant'
       "Aurora false positives are not common" she explained.
       "I need to take another test" I told her as I began trying to open the bag. My shaky hands grabbed another box as I ignored Niki and began trying to open the box but couldn't. I continued struggling and then my heart monitor let out a loud screech and I whipped the box at the floor.
       "I can't do this" I screamed and Niki jumped
       "Aurora stop it right now!"
       "Niki there's a baby in me. Inside me right me" I ran my hands through my hair "Tom is gonna hate this. We're not ready!! Nikiiiiiii" she put her arms around me into a big bear hug
       "Aurora I'm not gonna continue telling you the same thing. Oh bloody hell if you're not ready. You're gonna have to be ready, you're gonna have to get things together because you're having a baby" I took a deep breathe. I broke free from the hug and shook my head yes at her.
       "Toms gonna freak" I then went back into my state of fear.
       "Yes, Dom did too" she laughed almost reminiscing on something from the past.
       "Toms not gonna want this" I began pacing back and fourth
       "Well I don't care if neither of you want this. You are not putting this child up for adoption. You are-"
       "Niki I would never"
       "Here" she handed me a pre opened box "take one more and we'll just go from there I guess" and it finally showed. Her motherly extinct had switched off and I saw fear and anxiety in her eyes. I sadly nodded my head as I took the test from her hands and went into the stall to take another test.
       Okay. I'm pregnant. There is a baby in me.
        I finished the test and I walked out and set it on the counter. "Now what" I asked her and she sighed
       "There's a lot of now what's" she  began explaining "your going to a doctors appointment ASAP next week that's for sure. We will get through it Aurora, it's scary but it's happening. Don't get all involved in how scared you are and enjoy it. You're doing some amazing thing" she smiled and we both began crying. After I broke from our long hug i looked at the 2nd test. Then it became real. It was a different test and it was 1 line not pregnant and 2 lines pregnant. I was greeted with two lines.
       "I'm having a baby" I sort of smiled over the endless tears in my eyes
       "Yesss!" Niki smiled back.
        I put my hand on my stomach "wow" was all I could express. We finally cooled down and decided to head home. When we pulled in we went straight inside with the tests in my purse I tried to compose myself completely. But it was hard. We walked inside and were surprised when no one was home.
        "How are we gonna do this?" I asked Niki as we finally relaxed on the couch waiting for them to get back.
       "Just show him, thats all you can do" I nodded my head and as if on que the door began unlocking. I looked at Niki helplessly as I decided to run into Tom and I's bedroom. I heard talking in the living room and then footsteps getting closer. As the door opened I made eye contact with Tom. He gave me a look and I nodded my head with tears welling up, and his eyes matching. A smile crept on to his perfect face as he came and hugged me. We stayed there for like 10 minutes. I pulled away and wiped my eyes with the back of my hand.
        I walked over to my purse and pulled the tests out "here's your proof" I smiled. Seeing his face made all the issues that I had began thinking of melt away completely. As if this was completely planned. He sat on the edge of the bed wiping his eyes and staring at the pee sticks in awe. 
      "There's a baby in you" He said looking at me in disbelief "and, it's my baby"
      "I know" I matched the disbelief because hearing those words I just. I can't formulate a sentence to describe the feeling I'm having.
       "I didn't expect this" his mood changed
       "Don't go there right now" I smiled and laid my head on his shoulder
       "I'm so in love with you I don't think I'll ever go there"