I rested my elbow on next to Loki's head, "I know... how you feel." He looked up and smiled at me. "When I was in that cell, I felt like I was in a safe place. Safe from the outside world. They have too many expectations. But after all these months, I feel," I paused. His eyes seemed to be sparkling. "Comprehended." I shrugged. He let out a single chuckle. I smiled, "What did Fury say?"

"He didn't say anything. He never does. Do you want to know what we do in those meetings?" he asked, softly. I nodded with a smile. He shifted closer, "We do not converse. He speaks with your World Security Council while I idly sit there. I listen to their conversation. Fury does not aid my situation but does not hinder as well." he said. I furrowed my eyebrows slightly. He chuckled, "He doesn't help my situation but doesn't... not help it as well." I chuckled. "So sometimes it just bothers me. I cannot go on missions with the Avengers until the WSC comes upon a decision. Makes me upset."

"Well take it this way," I said, resting my head on my elbow, "You and me are both stuck on this tower until they can trust us with our powers. Don't you think I want to stop Clint from getting shot?" He chuckled. I smiled as I looked at him. He told me that he could never laugh with deluded happiness. I wanted to see that happen. If one of his smiles was so freaking beautiful, then what would a room full of his laughter do? I knew I misunderstood him the first time I met him. I never knew I would become such good friends with him. The boiler on the stove whistled loudly, making me jump to my feet. I was in a rush and turned the stove off. I touched the hot kettle and yelped as I took it back. I guess Loki heard that, because he came up next to me. He took my hand in his, "It's fine. It's fine." I said. He looked worried. I remembered what he had told me about hurting those around him.

"The red burn on your fingers, say otherwise." He said. I tried to say something else but let him do whatever he was doing.

He looked at me and back at my hand. He closed his eyes and blew on my hand. His breath was cold and icy. Unnaturally icy. His hands were cold too. I looked at him closely as he worked. I was shorter than him, I could see his face below his hair. He smiled and opened his eyes. They were the most beautiful emerald green. I gulped, "I- uh- Thanks." I said.

"You're most welcome." he replied. He leaned behind me and took the kettle from the stove. "Do you want tea?" he asked. I smiled and nodded. He chuckled again as he poured some tea in small cups. He smiled as he took a sip. I broke out of my trance and furrowed my eyebrows at myself as I took a sip from my tea. What just happened? I couldn't even understand what happened in the last ten minutes. It was like we connected on a different level. "Say Lady Gia --"

"I've told you before. Just Gia's fine." I gulped down my tea. He raised his eyebrow at my incivility.

"Alright then. Gia. Have you found in new books in your time here on the tower?" He asked. I knew he liked to read books. He made it clear that he only reads Asgardian spell books from his mother the first day I met him, so I didn't question it after that.

"Uh... Yeah. Tony's book on robotics is kinda fun. It's called Life 3.0 . I've been reading it since a long time. I even made--"

He chuckled, "No. I mean. Books like you offered me the first time I was in your chambers. Stories. The ones... you get lost in?" his voice was calm and soothing. I didn't know why. I guess he just felt less burndend after opening up to me about Fury. I smiled. I got up and went to my room. I fished out one my old books Fortune gave me. It wasn't mathematical or scientific. 'Charlie's Chocolate Factory' it read on the top. I chuckled as I remembered it's content. I came back downstairs to see that he was fixing something to eat. I smiled and kept the book on the kitchen counter. "What's this?" he asked.