Chapter 20: An Accident

I open my eyes to find out that I'm laying in my room and surrounded by Kiara, Janyd, Alyssa, Pernel, Aaron and Deeann. Kiara is holding my left palm between hers and kisses it as soon as she finds out that I am conscious. I try to get up but ouch! It hurts.

"Here, wait I'll help you." Kiara tells and Aaron gives her a hand to let me sit. There is a sling tied to my right hand and an elastic bandage on my right ankle. I feel like my head will blast into a million pieces.

"You have sprained your right ankle and there is a right rotator cuff tear. You also have a cut on your forehead. The doctor has advised you complete bed rest for a week." Kiara announces.

"How did this happen?" Alyssa asks.

"I don't know...while going down the stairs I slipped and now here I am." I reply.

"I guess we should leave and give her some rest." Dee says and everyone nods. I try to stop them but I look at the watch and it's 8. They were here with me since a long time so I say nothing. All of them tell me to take care and leave.

"Do you want to have anything, darling?" Kiara questions.

"Yeah. Something light please." I tell her.

"I'll get something in a few minutes." She then leaves and I check my phone.

While quickly tapping the screen and going through the Snapchat story, I see a picture of me and go back. Aaron has kept a picture of me as his story when I was unconscious and has written, 'Get well soon, Cocoa.' That's so sweet of him!

After a few minutes I hear and knock on my door. "Come in." I say and continue, "You know you don't need to knock Kia—.."

I see Aaron holding a tray of food and I stop. He keeps the tray next to me and sits on the bed.

"Why didn't you leave?" I question. Although I'm glad that he stayed.

"Maybe I figured out that you wanted someone to stay."

"How?"

"I don't know..." He replies. I am speechless. This boy whom I met a few weeks ago understands me even without telling him anything. I don't know what is it about him.

"Anyways, come on. You have to finish all this." He says while pointing to the tray. There's some spaghetti salad and orange juice. I hold the fork with my left hand and struggle hard to roll it around the fork.

"Wait." Aaron holds the bowl and takes the fork from me. He then rolls the spaghetti around the forks and holds it in front of my mouth and I open it and he feeds me.

After a few bites, I ask him, "Did you have dinner?"

"No." He answers. I then turn his hand towards him and tell him to eat it. We complete it together.

"Don't you want more?" He interrogates and I shake my head. He gives me my anecdotes and then wipes my mouth with the napkin.

__________

I wake up early due to the pain. Kiara makes me have breakfast and lunch so that I can have my meds. I don't know what to do so I tell Kiara to pass me a book. I try but it's problematic to hold it with one hand and read it so I keep it aside. I decide to watch Suits but after sometime my phone battery dies. I then lay redundant on the bed.

"Hey." I see Pernel pop into my room.

"What's up?" Alyssa follows her and enters with Deeann.

"THANK GOD y'all came! I thought I'd die in here." I shriek.

"The pleasure is all ours?" Alyssa catechises.

"No!" Pernel and Deeann roar in unison and it makes me smile.

"So what are we doing?" I question. Deeann helds up four packets of sheet masks. "Charcoal and papaya." She says.

"Perfect." I beam with happiness.

Alyssa goes and gets some chilled sliced cucumbers and all of us put the mask on our faces. Alyssa cuts the sheet mask from the corner of the forehead part so that it doesn't touch my injury and puts the mask on my face.

All of us sit in tranquility. "We missed you J." Alyssa says.

"Yeah, me too. Tell me what did I miss in school today." I reply.

"Ahem ahem. " Pernel coughs.

"No please !" Dee clamorous.

"Now you definitely have to tell me." I speak.

"Today in gym class all of us were exercising and suddenly we hear a noise of something falling down. Then we see that something was Deeann." I bark a laugh and she continues, "The best part is yet to come. So we hurriedly go towards her and find out her toe nail broke and the space between two toes was bleeding. Jacob then stepped in and carried her in bridal style to the medical room."

"Ooh la la!" I exclaim. "Would Jacan sound better or Jadee?" I tease her.

"Alyssa you were going to tell us something... why did you call us to the cafeteria yesterday?" Dee asks.

"That was a nice try to change the topic." Alyssa says.

"I agree...but what did you want to say?" Pernel inquires.

"Harry was forced by someone to molest me." She blurts.

Even before I can process what she just said, I hear a male voice. "By?!" I open my eyes to find Rey along with Jacob and Aaron.