Chapter 17: A Dare

Aaron's POV.

"Yes, it was a dare. I came here in the summer vacations. Jacob and I are family friends so just before the school began, he took me to Rey's house for a party. We were fifteen of us, nine guys and six girls..."

Throwback to that night

One of the blonde chick suggests, "Let's play Truth and Dare!" Seriously? T&D? It's so cliche. But everyone was too drunk to realise that.

"Alright." One of the guy say.

"I'm in." Another one says.

"Me too." And everyone gets seated in a circle. The bottle spins and the games start. It points towards me.

"It's Aaron then.." One of the girl smirks.

"I give you a dare to kiss someone." Naoh says.

"Kiss Maddison." One of the blonde says.

"Who's she?" I ask.

"I'm Maddison." She's sitting right next to that blonde girl. Oh wait. She's Jacob's girl.

"Aren't you dating her, bro?" I question Jacob. Too soft for anyone to hear.

"No. I'm done with that slut." He whispers into my ear.

"What are you two discussing?" Rey asks.

"Umm...nothing." I reply.

"Wait." That chick Maddison says. "I have something to add to the dare."

"What?" I inquire.

"There's this girl, Joanne. Miss Goody Two Shoes. I want you to trap her in your love and kiss her. Only when you kiss her, I'll let you kiss me." She completes.

"No way. I'm not getting into all this shit. You don't want to let me complete the dare then fuck it." I say. Why would I play with anyone's feelings? That's not me anymore. I don't want to be a play boy anymore.

"Can anyone tell him what happens when one doesn't complete his or her dare?" Maddison speaks.

"Bro, you'll have to drink Peter's dog's pee." Rey tells me.

"Hell no!" I shout.

"Then do as I say." Maddison smirks.

"Why me?" I ask.

"Because you're a new comer." She says.

"Fuck you." I tell her furiously.

"Right now, no. But I'll let you know when." She smirks. Ugh! This girl. I get up from there and walk out.

Present

"I'm sorry. I had no choice Joanne, please. I miss you. I miss us." I tell her. I can't make out what is going on in her mind from her face. Seconds pass by. Minutes. She doesn't say anything.

"Please say something." I finally break the silence.

She finally looks at me. Her eyes are a bit teary. "What do I say? That my first kiss was fake? The letter you wrote to me meant nothing? The time we've spent together was all a trap? Is this what you want me to say?"

"No. Please J. I'm sorry. It wasn't in my hands."

"Of course it wasn't." She says and leaves.

__________

Joanne's POV.

He's right. It's wasn't in his hands but still. It hurts. I need sometime to fix what's going on. On my way back, I meet Alyssa.

"Where were you?" She asks.

"I was with Aaron. Need you tell you something."

"What?"

"He kissed Maddison because it was a dare." Her jaw drops. I tell her everything that he told me.

"Such a bitch!" She bawls. "I could have never imagined this even in my wildest dreams. She has crossed her lines!"

"I know."

"Come with me." She starts towing me with her hands.

"Where?"

"Just come." She says.

She makes me roam almost the entire school and I don't even know the reason. "Finally." She says. I follow her gaze and it points towards Maddison.

"What are you going to do?" I question.

"Wait and watch babe." She says while taking out her bottle. Both of us stop right in front of Maddison. Aly opens her bottle and splashes the water on her shirt which is made of a thin white material. Her shirt sticks to her skin and her dull ochre colour lacy bra. The vexation is clearly visible on her face.

"This is for giving dares and hurting Joanne." Alyssa smirks and leaves. I too, follow her but then I take a few steps back.

"Put on a better bra whenever you're wearing a shirt like this." I tell her and she rolls her eyes. "Just a tip." I wink but not without sniggering.

"I loved that." I tell Alyssa.

"Me too."

"I want to go to the washroom. You go for the next lecture, I'll follow up." I tell her.

"Cool." She leaves and we both part ways. Once I'm done using the washroom, I head towards the class. I feel phenomenal after making that move on Maddison. She deserves it. On my way, I see Jacob coming running towards me.

"Thank God I found you. Come with me." He starts running ahead.

"Why? What is it?" I ask while increasing my pace to match his.

"Alyssa...." He says and I run in order to reach to her as quick as possible.