Chapter 10

While we're in class, everybody is talking about chocolate because today is Valentine's Day where people would give their loved ones, families, and romantic partners gifts specifically chocolates. Now don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against Valentine's Day, it's just not really my cup of tea. Besides, I never really dated a guy before and the only thing what's important to me is taking care of my family. As I'm reading a novel of Paper Towns by John Green, I overheard some girls talking about giving chocolates to some guy that they liked. 

"Hey, did you bring any chocolate?" The female student asked.

"You bet I did!" Said the other female student.

"Got a special guy in your life?" She teased.

"Not telling!" She replied putting a finger to her lips.

"What about you Yuki-chan?" The girl with glasses asked to the short brunette.

"Eh? Me?" Said the short brunette.

"Yeah, are you gonna give it to anyone?" She asked curiously.

"Huh?! E-Eh ummm...." She hesitates for a minute before she noticed me reading.

"U-Um hey Aina-chan." 

"Hm? Yes?" I said looking at Yuki with a curious expression.

"Did someone give you chocolate yet?" She asked curiously.

"Not really, why?" I asked confusingly and the girls became shocked.

"Ehhhh?! Not even one?!?" The other girl shouted as I shrugged my shoulders.

"Nope, I don't get what's the big deal of it. It's just boxed candies and flowers." I calmly said.

"It's more than that Aina! Valentine's Day is all about love and romance where every girl and boy celebrate and expressing their love for one another!" The girl with green short hair explained. 

"Okay and?" I asked skeptically. The three girls looked at me with smirks and turns back to me.

"Is there a guy you like?" She asked slyly.

"Not really, I'm no really into guys." I bluntly replied. 

"Oh come on, there's gotta be more than that!" The other girl shrilled, but I just rolled my eyes. 

"Just because it's holiday, doesn't mean that I should be giving some random guy a gift. Besides, I don't date guys." I told them. 

"Kashima!" Suddenly we all turn to see a guy with light colored hair and glasses named Usokawa talking to my older brother.

"Have you received any chocolates yet?!" He asked looking like a desperate puppy right now. 

"N-No why? Eek!" Soon Usokawa got close to him and grabs his shoulders.

"None from Ushimaru-san, right?!" He asked again. 

"N-No!" He replied getting weirded out right now and I just sat there with a deadpan look. 

This guy needs to get a life....

I thought dryly while staring at them. 

"I bet Kamitani's probably got a lot more than I-"

"Huh? Chocolate? No, thanks. I hate that stuff." He bluntly as the girl that he rejected ran back to her friend and cried. Poor girl. 

"You freak!" Usokawa scold at him. 

"If you don't want it, give it to me!" the other male student shouted. Getting bored, I let out a sigh upon being surrounded by idiots(except for my brother and Kamitani). Hell, even the girls around me felt the same way as I do. 

"Listen to those noisy boys." The girl with brunette pigtails stated.

"Why do so many boys in our class have to be idiots?" The girl with short green hair asked irritably. 

You just got words out my mouth. 

I thought while staring at them blankly.

"Speaking of which, do you know Yagi-kun in the gifted class?" She asked as I widen my eyes and looked at her. 

"He's in the same class as Inomata?" I asked curiously.

"Yeah, he's smart, nice, and he's hot!" She told us with a huge grin. 

"I like Nezu-kun best, myself! He's aloof and handsome, plus he has the second-best grades in his year! I even brought chocolate for him!" Said the girl with black pigtails and glasses.

"What about you Aina? Who do you like the best?" One of the girls asked me. 

"Hmm...I don't know neither of them that much, but if I did, I wouldn't mind being friends with them." I told them. 

"Ehhh? But they're so popular!" The girl with glasses and black pigtails assured me. 

"Yeah and who knows, maybe you'll end up dating one of them!" The brunette girl with pigtails assumed with a playful smirk.

"Oh my god! That would be so cool!" Said the girl with short green hair as I groan and turn back to my book ignoring the gushing girls. 

Jesus what is up with girls liking popular guys? Speaking of which, Inomata, Yagi, and Nezu do go to the same class together. I wonder if they talked to one another? Furthermore, I wonder how Inomata reacts when she finds out that people are breaking the chocolate ban? That would've made her gone berserk. 

I pondered curious about how Inomata is holding up since she and I are closer than before. Soon my train of thoughts got interrupted when I felt someone pulling my sleeve as I turn my head to see Yuki giving me a timid look with a blush.

"U-Um...you're Ryuichi's sister right?...Do you think you could tell me what type of chocolate he likes?" She asked bashfully. 

"Sure why?" I asked curiously. 

"U-Umm...well...." She tries to find the words to explain, but I knew what's going on.

"...Do you like my brother?" I asked directly which she turned red, but shyly nodded. I grinned gently and patted her head.

"It's okay, your secret's safe with me. I'll tell you what he likes and what he doesn't like. Deal?" I reassured her as she became surprised, but grin warmly and nods.

"Y-Yes, thank you." She awkwardly grinned as we both shook hands swearing that I'll help her win over my brother.