Chapter 7

While me, my brother, Usaida are looking after the kids as usual, I turn to notice Kotaro staring down at his tiger shirt for a while. Curious, I approach to him and kneel down. 

"Something in your mind Kotaro?" I asked curiously, but he lowers his head further and kept his eyes glued to his shirt. I got concern when he's not responding to me. Ryuichi came to us and kneel behind Kotaro. 

"Is something wrong with Kotaro, Aina?" He asked.

"Yeah, Kotaro has been staring at his shirt for while and he wouldn't answer me when I asked him that." I told him.

"Oh..." He said as he looked pretty worried for our brother, but Kirin came to us with a stuffed giraffe that she's holding.

"Kotaro-chan's sad because of what Taka-chan said." She explained.

"Huh? Like what?" I asked her.

"Taka-chan said it's dumb how Kotaro wears a tiger shirt when he never sees a real one." She explained which had me baffled for a second.

Did Taka drank too much Fanta when he said that or was it fact that he's dumb?

I thought curiously with a blank look. 

"I see. Is that right?" Ryuichi asked curiously to Taka.

"What? I just told the truth! I did nothing wrong!" He retorted, but soon he got bonked in the head by Kamitani.

"Yes, you did." He said with a pissed off look and Taka began to cry. 

"Go on, say your sorry." He ordered his little brother. 

Where did you even come from?

I thought curiously wondering how I failed to noticed Kamitani being in this room. 

"Hey, it's okay. You're not mad are you, Kotaro?" He asked as he nods in response. Taka then turns to his brother with a teary glare.

"You always do that! You just hate me Nii-chan!" He yelled at him.

"Huh? What are you talking about?" Kamitani asked confusingly.

"He's right Taka-kun, he doesn't hate-"

"I don't particularly like or hate you." He bluntly stated which had both of us and Taka shocked as Taka starts to tear upon hearing his harsh words where his mind goes from doesn't like or hate me to doesn't like me to hates me. 

Couldn't take it anymore, Taka ran to me and hugs me tight not caring if he's mushing his face against my boobs as he kept on crying

"I hate you Nii-chan!!" He shouted while clinging on to me as I glance at him with a frown.

"Isn't that harsh to say something like that to your own brother?" I asked skeptically. 

"What? I'm being honest. Little brothers go beyond like or hate." He explained. 

"But that's not okay Kamitani! He's just a kid! Taka isn't capable of grasping that nuance!" Ryuichi objected while shaking him. 

"So what if he doesn't?" He retorted as he walks to Taka and picks him up by the shirt. 

"He's being a brat, so I'll take him with for now. See you guys tomorrow." He said as left the room while carrying Taka as he still squirming to break free from his brother's grasp. After he left, my brother and I walked up to Kotaro and kneel down next to him. 

"Kotaro." 

"Oh?" 

"Would you like to go to the zoo with me and Aina this weekend?" He asked kindly as Kotaro tilts his head thinking about he should go or not.

"A zoo would be a great idea. Heck, I think it'll be Kotaro's first time of seeing a real tiger." I suggested.

"Yeah, you're right. But I don't know how much a zoo cost...though if I dip into my savings-" 

"Ryu-nii chama! Kotaro-chan! Aina-nee chama!" Soon his sentence got cut off when we heard Kirin calling us over.

"I wanna go and see the giraffes, too!" Kirin shouted. 

"I wanna see the zebras!" Takuma chimed.

"I...I wanna see...horsies." Kazuma shyly said.

"Abu-bu!" Midori cooed. 

 "But you should really spend your days with your pare-"

"Ryu-chan. I know you and Aina-chan love your little brother, but you shouldn't play favorites. You should take all of them." He assured us.

"True, but...we're not exactly sure if we could afford any money for everyone to come.." I assumed while looking unsure about his idea.

"Not to worry, I'll come with you guys. Besides, I get paid in working weekends." He stated which had me surprised for a moment since I always thought of him as a lazy deadbeat.

"Wait, you have jobs besides babysitting?" I asked in disbelief.

"Pretty much, but it's been good during the weekends and I got loads of cash in my savings from work. So I'm willing to pay for the whole trip for you guys." He explained. 

"Oh no, you don't have to do that Usaida. We don't want you to waste a lot of money because of us." I reassured him, but he shook his head and grin. 

"Nah it's fine, I got you guys covered. I just leave this to me. Anyway, let's take a field trip this Sunday!" He exclaimed. 

"Yeah!" The children cheered as me and Ryuichi glance each other before we grin and chuckled not minding having the kids, the parents, and Usaida to come with us at the zoo tomorrow.