{Two Hearts Finally Become One}

🎹Licht's PoV🎹

As I admired her beauty, my hand almost had a mind of it's own, moving (y/n)'s hair from covering her eyelids. I slowly sat on the bed, careful not to wake her. I watched quietly, waiting for her eyes to open on their own. It felt like hours even though it was only minutes, her lashes slowly fluttered open. My heart skipped a beat when I saw that familiar, mesmerizing eye color.

I stayed quiet to see how long it would take her to notice me. She slowly sat up, wiping her eyes, only for those eyes to look up and meet mine.

(y/n)'s POV

I felt so tired, a little achy too. I lazily wiped my eyes as I sat up, taking in my surroundings. However, when I looked up, I couldn't believe what I saw. My eyes widened, the one I so dearly missed was by my side, staring at me.

"You're awake..." His smooth yet gentle voice called out. His voice... So deep, smooth, soft. I only nodded, unable to process what to say or do. Part of me just wanted to tackle Licht into a hug and cry while the other half just wanted to keep calm and talk things out, have an emotional moment.

"I wanted to thank you, for... For saving me. And..." Licht trailed off, looking me dead in the eyes. I held my breath, my nerves straining to keep under control.

"For keeping your promise."

Those words struck me right in the heart. Tears started to form in my eyes. Licht smiled a little and moved closer to me, slowly moving his hand up to wipe my tears. Flinching slightly at his touch, I didn't dare look away from his eyes. Licht held his arms open for a hug, in which I immediately dived into. More tears fell as I clang to him.

"I-I... I missed you, so m-much!" I stuttered in a shaky voice. I missed the feeling of his warmth, his familiar scent, his smile, even his presence. And being here now, it meant the world to me.

"I... I missed you too, so much more." Licht spoke softly, resting his chin on my shoulder as we remained in our embrace in which we dared not let go.

I slowly pulled away to look Licht in the eyes "you remembered..." I smiled a little wiping the rest of my tears.

"How foolish would I be if I forgot someone like you? Especially someone I care so much for..." Licht smiled back at me as my cheeks flushed slightly pink.

Licht's large hand placed itself on my cheek, making me stare into his midnight blue eyes. I didn't move a muscle for I realized he began to lean in, the gap between our lips starting to close.  I closed my eyes, waiting.

There was a swift knock on the door before it opened. "Hey guys, Mahiru says breakfast is re-" it was Tetsu and Hugh sitting on his shoulder.

"My eyes!" Hugh covered his eyes and turned slightly to avoid such a sight.

Licht immediately pulled away and growled quietly before looking at Tetsu. "Alright, we'll be down in a second. Just... Don't say anything." Licht glared at the poor blonde when he referred to us.

Tetsu sighed and nodded "yes, sir." With that, Tetsu closed the door and started back down the hall. Licht sighed and looked at me.

"W-we should go to the kitchen before Mahiru yells at us." Licht stood up from the bed and ran a hand through his two-toned hair. Seeing such a sight, his white streak, it made me smile. It reminded me of that memory...

"I'll be in the kitchen so hurry up, alright-" I grabbed Licht's hand just before he started walking to the door, making him look back at me questionably.

"I'm happy... That you kept your promise too." I spoke in a soft tone, a smile on my face. Licht smiled back at me.

"Just for you." He whispered to me, his thumb stroking my hand. With that, he slowly let go and walked out of the room. When he started walking, I realized his brace.