{On the Road to Recovery}

(y/n)'s POV
We successfully made it up to the floor, though we both heard yelling of three different voices. So naturally I had crept my way closer, down the hall as the voices grew louder. However one voice seemed familiar, I knew exactly whom that wonderful voice had belonged to.

"-lick my boots instead... Actually don't do that. That's disgusting." Licht mumbled. Just as I peeked around the corner, all I saw was Higan holding Licht by his bangs, Licht looked to be in a terrible state, so did Lawless. I couldn't help but let out a quiet gasp, all for the attention to go to me. There was an eerie silence as I processed how loud I had gasped. Everyone was looking at me with wide eyes.

Everything seemed so slow, Higan's hand let go of Licht, making him fall to the ground in a struggle to recovery.

"Well now, its a girl, you shouldn't be here missy." Higan smiled, red flames being shot toward me. Before I could react, I was immediately pulled back, seeing nothing but blue. Blue? Red flames, blue flames... But he promised me that he...

In the blink of an eye, the red and blue flames vanished and no one was hurt. Higan was on the ground, seemingly unconscious. "I still..." Kuki mumbled thing before shutting himself up. "Let's get them out of here." Licht stumbled to get up, ignoring Lawless's offer of helping and pushing him away. "Who are you..." Light's cold glare almost pierced through my heart as it skipped a beat.

Kuki intervened. "We're friends of yours, we came to come get you out of here." Kuki meant business, no time for questions and more moving. "Let's get moving, I'll explain more later." And so we fled the building as quickly as possible, leaving our friends to fight off their oppressors. Surely they had the strength deep within to handle it right?

•••

As of now, we were all beaten up but we had won our battle against Tsubaki. Though I didn't do much, I was proud of myself because I had gained something I once lost. Licht. Tsubaki had disappeared after the fight so for now, everything was at peace. Almost everyone were currently resting at Mahiru's place, thank god for his hospitality.

Out of everyone, Licht and Lawless were the ones to sustain the most injuries so they were both in the hospital. Being worried the way I was, paranoid, everyone began to worry about me.

"He'll be fine, Licht will be out in no time!" Mahiru said with a smile. I was sitting on the floor, staring out into space.

"I just want to go see him..." I mumbled. Licht hasn't even been at the hospital for an hour, they won't allow visitors until he's recovered enough.

"With the way his head was bleeding, he may have gotten a concussion..." I whisper to myself with a frown.

Kuro groaned, "can't you just relax? Go get a snack or something to keep you quiet." And with that, Mr. Lazy turned his back to me, laying on his side to try and get some sleep.

"What he's trying to say is get some rest, you need it (y/n)." Lily said softly, his hand on my shoulder.

I sighed quietly, and slowly stand. "Alright... I'll be in the guest room if you need me..." I then walked in the bedroom to see Kuki fast asleep in his animal form. Though he jolted awake when I got under the covers. "Hey..." I greeted quietly, petting his head.

After that, no more words were said. Thoughts continued to occupy my mind. Will he remember me? Does he still love me if he does remember? Will he be okay? I felt like I was going insane and it was stressing me out.