•{Broken apart}•

|Edited|

Six Feet Under by Billie Eilish

(y/n)'s POV
Only was it two weeks after his performance that I had to move away with my father, they decided to be divorced and I had to go.

Flashback
My parents called me down to the livingroom for something, so I went downstairs from my room. I sat down on the couch and my parents started to talk "(y/n), listen. Um, you know that we've been having recent problems right?" My father asked quietly. I had a feeling that I knew what was coming and I believe this is it... "Your father and I have been having problems and are getting... Divorced..." Mother said with a shadow casts over her eyes.

"So then, who am I staying with?" I asked with an monotone voice. I was really depressed, but I knew something was going to happen. Just not this bad...

"Me. We aren't staying" father said to me. "What? Mom I have friends here! I can't just leave them!" You said standing up with tears in your eyes "I haven't seen any friends of yours, you're making an excuse." Mom retorted making me flinch. I couldn't take it, I ran upstairs ignoring my parents calling my name.

I locked door and sat on bed sobbing, alone, in my dark and cold room. I held my knees to my chest, once again an argument started downstairs but I didn't care. All I wanted...

I want to see Licht and I want to stay with him...

I stood up and walked to my desk, pulling out a pen and paper. I wrote my last words to the boy I love, I couldn't leave with saying goodbye. Seeing him would hurt me more. It isn't the goodbyes that hurt, its the memories that follow...
(that's a quote from Gray Fullbuster I believe)

I finished the letter and folded it neatly on my desk. It has tear drops all over it but I didn't care.
I fell onto my bed, tears relentlessly falling which I didn't bother to wipe them.

I fell asleep, in emotional pain. I knew I would be moving the next day.

I woke up and my eyes immediately moved to that note... I got up and headed out of my room, downstairs quietly. Seeing as I didn't change put of my sweatshirt and leggings last night, I headed out to the garden with the letter in my hand. I looked at all of the flowers, I found one, a white and blue lily.

 I looked at all of the flowers, I found one, a white and blue lily

I picked two, I went back inside and looked for a ribbon. I found a white one in a drawer of the kitchen for some reason. I wrapped the thin ribbon around the two flowers in a bow.

I found a blue card envelope and put my card in it. Taking a pen and writing "A Lovely Angel" on it. I ran outside in the freezing cold snow, all the way to Licht's place, I put the letter in the mail box and walked back home. I can't bare to see his face in person.

My parents woke up and told me to start packing, so I did...

🎹Licht's POV🎹
I woke up and did my morning routine. Afterwards I headed down to the dining room. "Licht you have a letter" my dad said handing me an unusually beautiful letter.

I grabbed it and sat down, reading 3 words on it. I knew who's handwriting this was.... (y/n)... Why would she make a letter for me? I opened the envelope careful mot to rip it, I took out the letter and started to read it...

Dear Licht,

Last night my parents told me that they are getting divorced, I tried to get them to understand that I can't leave the first and only best friend I've ever made... but they didn't listen. I have to leave with my dad. I'm so happy that I made a friend that I came to love... I wish I had the strength and time to tell you, Licht just promise me one thing. Never stop playing that piano, it's so beautiful, you're like an angel Licht, now promise me... Promise me... I will promise you that I'll come back to you, no matter what...
Licht, I love you so much.

                        Forever yours,
                                                            (y/n)

I looked at the paper, tear stains...
I got up and headed back into my room just before I started to cry.
The girl I loved...
She loved me too...
I didn't even have the heart to confess my love for her...
I should've done it before she left...
This is my fault, all my fault.

(y/n).....

(y/n)'s POV
We were already on the road, but to where? I didn't know. "Were are we going?" I asked my dad "the US" he said silently. There was a long stretch of silence over us, why so far away? In another country?! "I did have a friend, he was so sweet... I loved him...and now..." I started to tear up, I couldn't stop thinking about him.

I was leaving him and I didn't have a choice. I promised him. One day I'll come back home, I have to keep that promise! I couldn't hold it in, I broke into a crying mess. Dad pulled the car over and went around to the passenger side, opening the door and hugging me.

I gripped his shirt as I cried, each memory of Licht and I passed through my head.

Us holding hands...

Hugging each other happily...

Looking each other in the eyes with love...

Us playing in the snow...

Me watching him play the piano for the first time...

His smile...

I kept crying like that for a long stretch of time, my dad there to help comfort me but it wasn't enough. After that I was still sobbing as we made out way to the airport. I guess they already signed the contract...

As a distraction, I pulled out my phone and looked at my gallery. I saw many pictures of Licht and I, each with smiles on our faces. Each picture made me smile, I even giggled a little.

Oh Licht.... I hope you'll keep your promise as I had vowed to keep mine.....

 I hope you'll keep your promise as I had vowed to keep mine