[5] Safe and Sound

"The Falcon." I whisper as I watch it land. All of the troopers get to their fighting position and even begin shooting at The Falcon. The troopers escorting us push us more frequently. "Hurry up!" One of them says as were pushed along. I see someone emerge from the Falcon, through a hatch of sorts as another ramp decends. Shooting comes from inside The Falcon. I see Luke run towards us, the green light emerging from the base of his lightsaber.

"Luke!" I yell and he sprints faster. The troopers pull out their weapons and shoot at him. Other than the one that was restraining me. I was pulled away and dragged to the shuttle. I tried to struggle and I screamed. "Luke!" He looked around and then looked at me when I said his name.

He said something to the others and ran towards me. I heard shuffling and I then felt the cool metal of a blaster pressed against my temple. "Don't move another inch otherwise I'll blast her." The trooper behind me says. My breathing is frantic, I look at Luke in the eyes, as if it'd be the last thing I'd see that was so pure and precious.

"Put your weapon down Jedi!" The trooper orders. and Luke retracts the green light of his saber back into the base of it. Luke sets it down and slowly stands up with his hands in the air. "Such a foolish Jedi." The trooper says as he drags me up the ramp of the shuttle. "No! Luke!" I yell as I'm being dragged away, tears spill and flow down my cheeks. Suddenly Luke outstretches his arm and the weapon flies into the side of my vision and then to Luke.

He grips the weapon and in miliseconds he aims and shoots the trooper directly in the head. The sense of being pulled back by the trooper is gone and I fall forward and down the ramp of the shuttle. Luke catches me before I hit he ground. He quickly gets the restraints off of my wrists. I hug Luke and he hugs me back tightly.

Once we pull away he cups my face with his hands and looks at me worriedly in the eyes. "Are you okay?" He asks and I nod. With the pads of his thumbs he wipes away the tears from my cheeks. "Cm'on lets get you somewhere safe." He says helping me up. Luke grabs his lightsaber and tucks it safely in it's custom made holster.

We rush to The Falcon and he helps me up the ramp of it. It closes and we lift off and quickly leave the atmosphere of Tatooine. Luke takes me to the make shift infirmary room on The Falcon. He sets me down in a seat. "Luke, Luke! I'm fine." I say as I sit down.

He sighs and sits in a seat across from me. "Y/N what were you thinking? Going onto Tatooine with Aleshia to find two recruits for what? No one left behind?" He asks, pinching the bridge of his nose in stress. "Luke I was there to save them, like you saved me on Endor. You could have left me for dead but you didn't and I'm here right now because of you. As well as you saved me once more. I also didn't want Imperials getting any information on any of our bases. You know how risky it is letting a soldier slip into the hands of Imperials." I explain.

Luke looked me in the eyes and whispered, "You're very selfless Y/N. But please, don't do something like that again. At least not without me." He says and I tilt my head. "Doing risky missions is what I do, Luke. The Rebellion can't lose you and I don't want you to be lost to something not worth it for your rank." I say as I keep a soft expression.

"Y/N I can't lose you- the Rebellion can't lose you either. That day on Endor. I was compelled to you, like as if a physical being dragged me to you. That is how I saved you. And now, knowing you and learning more about you I will not just simply let you leave like that. I don't know what I'd do... If.." Luke trailed off.

"If what Luke?" I ask softly. "I-If I lost you Y/N. I can't bear the thought." He says as he lays his hand on mine. I look down and hold his hand. I then look back up to meet Luke's dazzling blue eyes. "Luke that's what being in the Rebellion is all about. Being a sacrafice and a help to the greater good. To help free those who don't deserve enslavement and to most importantly free the galaxy of this Imperial punishment." I say as I comfortingly grip his hand.

"I am strong, I have grown up in this life, I know the consequences and I know what to avoid. But avoiding everything will mean I had done nothing for the Rebellion. We are always running Luke, no matter even if it seems we are safe for one moment." I explain and he sighs and leans back in his chair.

"I understand.. I think, I shouldn't see, or be around you anymore." He says and he stands up. "Wh-What?" I say confused and shocked. Had I offended him in some way?

Luke begins to walk away and I quickly stand up and gently grab his wrist. Luke turns around and looks down at me. "Luke is this what you truly want?" I ask as I hold onto his wrist softly. Luke furrows his eyebrows, as if he's thinking for a moment. He sighs and nods. I let my grip go on his wrist as it feels like my heart shatteredlike glass.

I watch as Luke exited the room without looking back and I defeatedly sit back down in my chair. Tears form in my eyes and I shake my head. I hear the door 'woosh' open moments later and I look to see Aleshia. "Oh my gosh Y/N what happened?" She asks as she rushes over to me and sits in the chair Luke had been previously sitting in.

"L-Luke he.." I trail off as tears fall from my eyes. My mind can't comprehend what just happened but it feels as if my heart just wants to die.

I then continue to explain everything that had happened.

[Days later, back at the main ship]

I sat there, continually working on the X-wings. I had been working day and night just to try and get my mind off of Luke. I was buffing out one of the X-wings. "Y/N!" I heard Aleshia call for me and I look down at her. I turn off the machine that was buffing out the X-wing.

"Yeah?" I ask and take off my protection goggles. "Why don't you go get some food? You've been working all day. After this X-wing you'll actually have nothing to work on." She says and I sigh, "I don't think that's a good ide-" She places a hand on my shoulder. "Y/N I think you should go eat, take a little break okay?" She says and I groan in defeat. I place down the tool and set down my goggles. I remove my gloves and then head to to cafeteria. On my way there I pass Luke in the hall, I keep my head low to avoid eye contact yet I felt his eyes on me as I passed by him.

[Aleshia's P.O.V]

I took a sip of water as I looked at the X-wings. I didn't have anything to do since Y/N had basically worked on everything possible. Just then I heard the door that connected us to the rest of the ship open. I turn around to see Luke. I slightly roll my eyes and I clear my throat.

"General Skywalker." I say with an unamused tone of voice. "Aleshia, how is Y/N?" He asks and I shake my head. "Look I'm really bu-" He cuts me off, "Please Aleshia, I need to know."

I fold my arms and raise an eyebrow sassily, "Do you really want the truth?" I ask and he nods. "Depressed, she's completely and utterly depressed. She's worked on everything possible just to keep her mind off of you. I've never seen her so upset." I say and Luke hangs his head shamefully.

"Aleshia, can you tell her to meet me in section B, room 14 tonight?" He asks and I frown, "And why would I do that? So you can make her feel worse? No disrespect General Skywalker but Y/N is basically my sister and with her out of her norm is not good right now." I scoff and Luke shakes his head.

"Aleshia, I want to make things right with Y/N. Please just tell her to go there tonight." He pleads and I sigh, "Alright, alright. But if she comes back worse we're moving different ships." I narrow my eyes and he nods. "Thank you Aleshia." He says and then he leaves. I sigh, 'Poor Y/N'

________________________________

I've been watching the old Starwars movies (A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, & Return of the Jedi) and even though the visuals aren't the greatest I still love them just like when I was a kid 😅