[2] Healing Process

-Your P.O.V-

It had been a week and my healing was nearly complete. I was happy with the new medical technology. While we had first responders for medical attention, most of the infirmary was robotic. It isn't that bad either especially if they can heal you faster than humans.

I am in one of the hangers, helping out my friend Alishea when I grip onto one of the boxes, "Whoa whoa whoa Y/N careful! You're still not fully healed!" Alishea says as she rushes over to me and takes it from me. I just roll my eyes "Alishea, I'm sure I can carry a 10 pound box with a 97% healed shoulder." I fold my arms and raise an eyebrow. She just shakes her head and carries the box to where it needed to be set.

Alishea and I had been friends for 6 years at the least. We trained together nearly every day when we were young. We became excellent at our jobs and thats how we got a good ranking in the rebellion. While we werent well known or anything like General Skywalker or Princess Leia, we still stayed at a good ranking.

I continued to help her when I noticed a group of rebels running to the other end of the hanger. They got into the X-wings and began to prepare to leave. I dropped small items that were in my hand and I ran over "Whoa whoa whoa whats goin on?" I asked one of the fighters as he was adjusting his helmet. "TIE-Fighters has been spotted near one of our ships. We're going to go take them out." This man had a worried look on his face. I had seen him taking beginners courses for sky fighting, in fact, I had seen all of them in that class as I walked by it every now and then. I knew the weren't going to last out there so I ran over to another X-wing and I hopped in.

"Y/N what the hell are you doing?!" I slipped on a helmet and replied "I've got to help them Alishea. I'll be back soon." I could hear Alishea rant on about how I shouldn't go. I noticed out of the corner of my eye Luke was leaning against a wall watching me. I tried to keep my cool and I shut the window hatch to the X-wing. I quickly turned it on and adjusted all of the settings.

To the normal eye all of the buttons, switches, levers, and knobs would be quite confusing. But after having years of sky fighting classes they drill every last button's meaning into your brain. I began to lift up abd I quickly accelerated to fly out of the hanger. I flipped on my earpiece to hear a commander speaking. "All X-wing fighters. Identify yourselves." One after another they said their first and last names. I was the 7th and I said my name loud and firmly. "Y/N L/N 7th X-wing!" A moment of silence. "Ms. L/N were you assigned to take out TIE-fighters?" I sighed and explained to lady on the intercom. I was already too far from the hanger anyways they're would be no point in turning back. "May the Force be with you ladies and gentelmen." She said and she cut out.

In that moment I got the locations of the suspected TIE-fighters and we all sped off to the locations to find 20 TIE-fighters. One of the seemingly nervous radioed in. "Uh, there appears to be 20 TIE-fighters coming our way." He said, as I looked over he was visibly shaking. I felt bad for him. He was new to the rebellion so of course this would scare anyone.

I radioed in "Don't worry. We're the rebellion and as long as we have the Force with us we'll be alright." He became less fearful but none the less he continued to be afraid. The first shot was fired from one of the TIE-fighters. We all begin to fire until we get too close and we move out of the way, spreading us all apart.

"I can't shake him off!" I hear a woman yell into the radio, it was X-wing 3. I turn around to see she is trying to shake him off, I quickly zoom over there and blast at the TIE-fighter. It blows up and I lean upwards and to the right to avoid debris from the once functioning TIE-fighter.

I notice the one man who was very afraid had a hard time shaking off a TIE-fighter, mainly because he was only flying straight. "X-wing 5! You need to manuver to get that TIE-fighter off of your back!" I yell and in his nervous tone he yells back "I don't want to lose control!" I sigh and groan "Make a 90° downward! Now!" My honing missle as nearly locked on and he did so. I'm sure it caught the Imperial off gaurd and I shot the missle as soon as it blinked red and quickly turned to my left to turn and help the others.