Chapter Eight

"Are you sure you're ready for this angel?" King questions looking at me through the mirror as I fix my makeup.

"I am King. We haven't gone to a party in forever. The headaches are finally going away and I'm not missing this launch party," I say applying the finishing touches to my makeup. It's been about a week and a half since the incident and things are beginning to feel like normal again.

"I get that but still. It's going to be a lot of noise and paparazzis around. They're going to bombard you with questions about the accident and Nick is still looking into the black Tesla that almost ran you over," He sighs. "I just want you to be safe angel,"

"I will be, you're gonna be with me the whole time and Nick and Carter are gonna be there also. I'll be fine really," I reassure him. "Carla will be there also so when you have to disappear somewhere I'll be with them,"

He makes a face before nodding his head. "Alright but you're with me the whole time. I'm not disappearing off to anywhere without you,"

"Okay then, so you have nothing to worry about. I'm done," I say walking out of the bathroom. "How do I look?"

"Stunning as usual. You take my breath away every time," He smiles before licking his lips. "Damn I'm the luckiest man alive right now,"

I blush at his words smiling. "You sure know how to make me feel beautiful,"

"Cause you are beautiful angel. You're the most beautiful woman I've ever met and I'm so grateful you're in my life," He takes a hold of my hands and puts them to his lips. "I love you,"

"I love you too King," I respond.

"They're outside waiting for us," He stands up fixing himself. "Do you have everything?"

"Yea let me just grab my purse," I pick up my purse from the dresser checking to make sure what I needed was in there before walking back over to him.

"Ladies first," He says letting me pass before him.

****
Once we pulled up to the location of Luke's album launch we spotted cars upon cars and lights flashing every where. My heart started beating rapidly as I noticed the crowd of fans outside screaming. I haven't around such a rowdy crowd like this in a while. I hadn't realized how tight I was holding onto King's hand until he attached his other hand on my arm softly.

"If you hold my hand any tighter blood might just stop flowing to it," He says making me let up on his hand.

"Oh I'm sorry I didn't realize," I say rubbing his hand.

"Are you sure you're ready for this?" He questions.

"Yea I'll be fine, really. I am sorry," I say.

"It's fine. You can hold onto my hand as tight as you want, I promise I won't let go," He says before placing a kiss on my cheek.

Once the car came to a halt. Nick stepped out.

"No matter what, keep your hand in mine," King instructed. I nodded my head just as the door opened. King stepped out and the crowd instantly started going crazy. I stepped out behind him and held onto his hand for dear life. I raised my other hand to shield my eyes for the flashing lights. Nick lead the way as Carter guarded us from behind.