~7. Past

Sophie dedicated her night for research that night. Deep research.

She stalked everyone who was following Clementine's instagram, trying to find anything that she could use against her. 

She clicks on a girl's social media account, Emily Hughes. She scrolls down her feed and sees a picture of her and a group of friends, including Clem. Jackpot, she thought. An attractive man's arm was wrapped around the brunette's small waist and she visibly looked uncomfortable, scared even. She was smiling only slightly at the camera with her hair in a curly messy bun. Sophie notices a bruise on her arm in the picture. Perfect, she thought as she tapped the picture to view the tagged accounts. Thanks to 'Emily', the attractive man's account was tagged over his face. Mason.

She taps onto his account and goes to message him. Time to start trouble.

S: Do you know Clementine Everett?

The mysterious boy takes a few hours to respond.

M: Who the fuck's asking?

S: A friend of hers.

M: Yeah I do know her. Why does it matter?

S: I just wanted to know. Were you just a friend or..

M: Boyfriend.

Sophie smiles behind the screen.

~~~

Louis and Clem were cuddled up in his large bed. He has one arm up with his head resting on his hand, the other was wrapped around his girlfriend's shoulders, holding her close against him. Her head resting comfortably on his chest. He was topless with black sweatpants, and she had on a white vest top and pyjama shorts. One of her legs were lazily laying on top of him, as if they were securing him in place. 

The question was on the tip of his tongue. He knew he needed to ask at some point and the unknowing was killing him. 

"Clem?" his voice was soft, trying not to seem standoffish. 

She makes a small sound of acknowledgement.

"Who was that guy who came up to us that night?"

The question made her body shiver. She takes a deep breath.

"A guy I used to know." she didn't exactly want to go into further detail, but he did. 

"In what way? A boyfriend?" he asks softly, not a hint of anger in his voice.

"No," she sits up and looks down at him, her legs crossed. This took a lot of guts to admit, "He is- was.. my dealer."

Louis sits up too with one leg crossed. He was sat closely in front of her and he takes her hands in his, holding them tight. He didn't want her to feel judged. 

She took his silence as a sign to continue, she sighs. 

"I used to buy and sell drugs with him.. some hallucinogens. It was easy to make money. I-I did other things to make money that I'm not proud of." the intense topic made her purse her lips and let out a shaky breath. She hated going back to those times, she was a completely different person.

Most of all, she hated herself. 

Louis gently squeezes her hands, reminding her that she's safe with him.

"You don't have to tell me anything if you don't want to. I'll wait as long as it takes, when you're ready." he smiles warmly which triggers a sweet smile back from Clem. However, the smile fades as she continues, she trusted him. 

"The guy's name was Bruiser," she notices the odd look of Louis' face, "dealers hid their identity with fake names. It's stupid really," she chuckles and shakes her head. 

"Did.. did you have one?" he asks, genuinely showing his interest in her past. 

She nods, "I hated it. Bruiser gave it to me after I.." she pauses and looks down at their hands, she changes her course of words, "I couldn't come up with one that I liked so he gave me one. Anguish." her petite body shivers at the name she had grown to despise. 

Louis nods in understanding, listening to her speak. 

"He um.. he mentioned a Mason?"

That name. The cursed name burned her skin, she wanted to rip it to shreds. 

"He's my ex-boyfriend," was all she said. She began fiddling with Louis' hands nervously, she was frightened admitting this much but she wanted him to truly know her. "The relationship was good to start out, but he changed. He got worse and worse." 

The girl's voice was gentle, almost weak now.

"He would hurt me.. really bad." 

Louis watches as her lip quivers and her glossy eyes avoid eye contact. It pained him to see her like this so he squeezes her hands and offers a small smile.

"Hey, look at me." he whispers, making her beautiful eyes meet his. "It's all in the past, you're here with me now. You're safe, no one is going to hurt you again."

The sweet blissful feeling his words gave to her was indescribable. She truly did feel safe with him. She wasn't expecting to get out of that night alive, but with Louis there, Bruiser didn't lay a single finger on her. 

Clementine leans in and presses her plump lips against his, bringing her hands up to cup his godlike face. He automatically kisses back, opening her mouth with his and deepening the kiss

Their lips moved effortlessly together, their hearts fluttering at the same time. Louis pulls her closer so her chest was pressed against his, leaving no space between them. He wraps his arms protectively around her frame.

Louis' absolute favourite thing to do was kiss her, he could've sworn he was born to kiss her.

Louis steadily pulls away from the kiss, even though he didn't want to. But he just needed to make sure she was okay.

"I promise you, for as long as you keep me around," he lightly chuckles, "no one will hurt you again," his voice comes out as a whisper as his chocolate eyes find hers, getting lost in the beauty of them. 

The sheer thought of losing her made him sick to his stomach. When he saw her scared or upset, his heart plummets. He always looked for her when she wasn't around, was always wondering what she was thinking about. She was running through his mind constantly. 

His thoughts linger on his words; he didn't know how and why Clementine chose him. There were so many other men out there who were better than him, that she'd likely prefer. Every time she was around him, he found it hard to believe that he was so lucky to be chosen by her. In his eyes, he wasn't worthy enough. She deserved so much better, but he was too shy to tell her this. 

Butterflies reassembled in her stomach as she cups his face again, eyes drifting across it.

"You better mean it, because you're gonna be around an awful long time," she whispers back, making Louis let out a sharp breath in pleasant surprise. 

Once again, he found himself in a state of disbelief that she wanted him. Although he couldn't believe it, he wasn't about to argue with her. He smiles and pulls her in for a tight embrace, resting his head on her shoulder. A sigh escapes his mouth as he lets himself get caught up in his own doubts, feeling the familiar weight press down on his shoulders. 

~~~

i just served you a hot steaming bowl of foreshadowing so you bitches better eat up. this was honestly just a filler chapter but also you guys got to know clemmy clue's past more. all will be revealed soon (; hope you beautiful bitches enjoyed.

love you so much thotties fr xxxxxx