(Oneshot) Masquerade

Romeo heard that Jesse was hosting a masquerade ball at BeaconTown. He decided to go seeing as no one would recognize him with a mask, except he doesn't know (Y/N). This was not in any way based off the scene from the Romeo and Juliet movies, I thought about a mask chapter because of my "Glow in the dark mask".

Romeo's P.O.V

A masquerade ball in Beacon Town is the last thing you'd expect Jesse to come up. It's old style and really doesn't happen too often. But I think it was a brilliant idea nonetheless. After all I do quite enjoy going to a ball myself. They're always classy, picturesque and they normally have very good entertainment. Sometimes when your hungry or if you just have no one to speak to than the buffet table is right there full of goodies. I use to have them all the time back in Romeoberg, but back then I would just hide out in my room if Xara and/or Fred didn't show up. Anyway seeing as I miss going to balls so much, I decided to go to this one, especially due to the masquerade bit.

Bloody hell this place is packed. Thank goodness no one recognizes me. It's only been one month after the whole destruction and almost second bedrock drama and people are STILL mad at me. I mean, they've stopped trying to kill me but every time I walk down the street I can't help but feel the glances of hatred piercing through my skin. But now it's different. I'm not in my normal outfit, instead I'm wearing a Fancy crimson suit with a black button up shirt and a red mask. No one recognizes me or my voice, they just simply think I'm some weird person new to Beacon Town.

Because no one knew who I was, the buffet table was all mine. I just finished munching on a whole doughnut when someone tapped my shoulder "Excuse me?" the person said sounding feminine. Startled that someone was trying to get my attention I swiftly turned around saying "Nothing to see here." and looked around the room. Awkward as it is, no one stared at me. I turned back to look at the girl. "Um, you dropped something." she said pointing down. I looked down and noticed some dye on the ground so I pick it up, it was an errand I had to run for Xara, some art project. "Um, thank you." I said to her. "I'm..." I was about to introduce myself and hold my hand out for a shake but then realize, what if she'll remember my name? Think fast Romeo "...not sure I've seen you around Beacon Town before." I say, relieved for a brief moment. What I said actually caused a reaction rather than making the poor girl feel weird. "Yeah well, I don't get out of the house much." She said, pushing a strand of her (Curly/Wavy) (H/C) hair out of her face.

I observed the girl in front of me. She had (S/C) Skin, (H/L) hair and a beautiful set of (E/C) eyes. I suddenly wish that I could see the rest of her face behind that (F/C) mask, that I could learn what hides behind those shining (E/C) orbs that mesmerize me, that I could discover a whole new world behind the scenes that I just viewed. I snapped out of my thoughts as she looked at me. "Um, sir?" she asked. "Oh, sorry, I got kinda lost in your pretty eyes...I MEAN..." I tried to recover from my sudden strange choice of words. My face was turning redder than my hair. "...I mean I, just got distracted."  I said before apologizing, nervously holding the back of my head. "No no it's fine." She said, "I'll, take it as a complement". Her cheeks turned rosy pink as she held her arm bashfully smiling. I feel a little bad for making her nervous.

Then the dance started. "Hey um...care to dance?" I said holding my hand out. She delayed before smiling and placing her hand in mine. "Sure." she said. And with that we left to the center of the room. Our dance was simple yet breathless, I like this little rhythm we had, a steady pace and a smooth flow. I also took some more careful observations of my dancing partners features, her dress matching her mask and her sweet smile. Do I have emotions towards her? I've only just met her. But she seems very nice, I really like her...no, I love her. But even if I had the guts to ask out someone I just met on a date, I don't think she'd really enjoy my company. How could she love someone who tried to destroy her home? "Are you okay?" she asked. "You seem distant minded." "Oh, uh...I'm fine love, no worries." I said. Not a very good choice of words, then again I didn't quite get her name. A while passed before she spoke again.

"Look, I know who you are Admin..." my dance partner said softly and calmly, making me tense, I didn't think someone would actually recognize me. "...there are a lot of things that differentiate you from anyone else in Beacon Town. The others are fooled by a simple mask but I'm no idiot, I may stay in my house most of the time but I see you walk past quite a lot, I can tell it's you." I looked away nervously, and also a tad bit guiltily, this girl actually recognized me, who I was and she knows what I've done. Dammit, just when I thought I could make a friend, maybe even something more. "Hey you don't have to worry, I don't have anything against you." She said catching my attention again. "I don't see you as that much of a monster like anyone else does, I know you did nearly mess up the place but you're not dangerous anymore, there's no need to be afraid. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone else about you. Promise" I let out a sigh of relief, I had no idea someone didn't think of me as a bad person anymore. It felt, very nice. Also I was glad that I wasn't going to be told on. "Thank you." I said calmly. "Your welcome...Romeo." she said with a smile. She's very sweet, but now here comes another issue, she knew MY name, but I don't know hers.

"You know, I never really got your name." I told the girl as I spun her around gracefully before we returned to the dancing stance. "Oh right sorry." she said. "My name's (Y/N), probably should have introduced myself sooner." "It's alright." I said. (Y/N) what a beautiful name. We chatted for a bit, I learned more about her, her hobbies, her childhood, she's so wonderful. I told her a bit about myself too, okay a lot about myself, but surprisingly enough she listened. Every detail she paid attention. "By the way, is it appropriate for me to ask where you live?" I asked trying not to sound weird. "I could, really like to see you again after this." (Y/N) just shrugged and said "I kind of live out in bad luck ally, Blue house in the corner near Jack's place." She responded. "It'd be really nice for you to come actually."

That night I couldn't stop thinking about (Y/N). She's so pretty, sweet and you wouldn't believe what else happened. We went outside and took our masks off. When I saw her lovely face, my heart literally skipped a beat, she was so pretty. I'll never forget that moment. We of course we had to put the masks back on and head back inside, only to leave the building. I'm heading to bad luck alley tomorrow, I have to see her again. Xara thinks I've gone crazy, well the truth is that I have...because I'm crazy for (Y/N), and even though I just met her tonight, I'm not ashamed to admit it.

A/N - Awe, he's so lovestruck it's cute.