(Oneshot) Cozy Campers

Long A/N incoming

[Hi um... so it's been a bit. Okay I know this is a bit surprising but let's take it from the top. First off I'm going to come clean, I am writing something on a different sight, under a different account name and for a different fandom. It's complicated but I have settled myself nicely into my corner of said fandom and I am trying not to start writing for some other random idea immediately so that I can finish that fic, sadly the book is included. Second, I might not be updating this so frequently because of this other story but. But when I was rereading this book and the bunch of drafts I still have, I found that one of them was actually complete... just unedited. Seeing as a lot of people are still reading this, I figured to proof read and edit this chapter as a sort of "see you soon" card. I don't know when I'll be updating this book again but... for now we'll see. Also, just a friendly reminder that the reader's gender in this book is female by default because I am basic at writing but feel free to use your imagination to change it to the gender of your choice. That's all.]

The rain poured down outside of your camping tent while you guys were on the inside. You looked out the little window that was on the inner side of the door, there was an overhang above it to prevent it from getting wet, mostly. As you looked out into the darkly lit plane, there by the campfire you spotted your set out picnic blanket where you planned to surprise Romeo with dinner and stargazing. You guys had planned this camping trip for few months and now that you finally got to it, it started raining right on the worst time. You zip up the window and sigh to yourself while Romeo changes into his pajamas behind you. Night was arriving and your were already dressed up in a soft and comfy pair of (F/C) pajamas with (Favourite animal) faces. "You know (Y/N), it could be worse. At least we made it back in time." He comments while your back is turned. You guys may have been dating for a whole year at that moment but you still wanted to respect his privacy in a sense. You'll reach that certain level of trust at some point though.

"Yeah I know." You say tiredly. Not really sleepy, just not with much energy. "It just kinda sucks when your plans go wrong like this, ya know?"

"Yeah I get what you mean. Alright done."

Turning around you find him in a black shirt and checkered black and red pants along with a pair of grey socks. You give him a weak smile before going to your (F/C) traveling shulker box and take out your electronic tablet and earphones that Harper helped you fix up. Probably to watch something and take your mind off the rain. Usually rain was a soothing noise but seeing as how it literally rained on your parade, you felt like listening to something else. Romeo looked at you with a worried expression. When you two went over to the forest to explore you seemed so secretive yet excited. He knew you acted like that when you had something special planned and you always seemed to sulk when it was ruined. He couldn't blame you really, but that didn't mean he wasn't going to look for a way to cheer you up. He scanned the tent for something for you guys to do that would cheer you up. You were going to watch a video, so maybe he could watch it with you? It's a good start, but not enough. He eyed the bag of treats you brought with for a picnic, some cookies, watermelon slices, pumpkin pies and some cake. Maybe some snacks, while you guys watch a movie? Maybe... it's a good thought and nothing quite soothes the nerves like food... also he might be a bit peckish. As he was thinking, he felt a bit of a shiver, due to the rain bringing a bit of a cold temperature. If only the blanket wasn't soaked right now, he'd use it to keep himself warm, of course they still have the sleeping bags and the big pillows. Then an idea came to his mind. A little trick he knew from his previous adventures.

"Hey um, sweetheart?" He called over to you. You looked to him, noticing the smile on his face. 'What is he up to?' you wondered before responding. "Yeah?" "Can I borrow your sleeping bag for a second?" You turn your head from his direction to the bags, then back at him curiously. "Sure but... why exactly?" You asked. He smiled at you with his cheeky little chuckle. "Oh, you'll see." Curiously, you watched him crawl over to both of the shulker boxes you were using, take the bags out and roll them both out, next he unzipped them both into their blanket form. You were already really confused, what on Earth? Then you watched him put his one over yours and finally he zipped them together as your eyes widened in realization of what he was doing.

"Tada!" He proudly announced. "Sleeping bag for two."

You giggled lightly. "Where did you get that idea?"

"Eh, long story short, Fred was never able to find sleeping bags his size so Xara came up with this little trick."

It really made you smile, the way he was able to talk about his good old days with his friends so comfortable to you showed how much he's changed, looking at the good and learning from the bad.

You look at the now bigger sized sleeping bag. Not too shabby. Then you watched as he moved over to take out the pillows you guys brought and stacked them behind the sleeping bags, after that he took everything else in the tent that he could and built up a makeshift headboard behind the pillows. With a few final touches, a makeshift bed was created. You looked at the little spot that he made. You had to hand it to him, that was some really creative thinking.

"So, are we going to watch a movie or am I not invited?" He asked in a teasing tone. "If not then I guess I'll just make myself comfortable in this little spot by myself." He crawled over and made himself cozy in the sleeping bag as you let out a light laughter.

You took your things and made your way to him, asking if he could scooch over. He gladly obliged as you huddled up against him. His body heat felt so warm as he wrapped an arm around you while you rested your head on his shoulder. You handed him the (Left/Right) earphone while you used the other one, plugging them in so your movie wouldn't draw the attention from mobs outside. Scrolling through your movie gallery, you picked something you both wanted to watch. You couldn't help but smile as you felt him rest his head on yours. Maybe this whole thing wasn't such a disaster after all.

 Maybe this whole thing wasn't such a disaster after all

Wow um... Re-reading this... past me had this in the drafts way too long. It's about High time it got published. Hopefully I'll be done with my secret project soon so I can come back to this, or maybe if I start getting burned out from said project I can come back here. Maybe I'll make it later. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this little story...until next time.