chapter sixteen ♣ Truths are made known

THE PRESENT
Elle woke up grouchily, with everywhere sore. It took her the whole world, but she finally opened her eyes. And everywhere was basically… white! She was wearing white, bed sheets were white, whole wall was white and there were needles everywhere. And tubes. With a constantly beeping sound. Geez! What was that sound? What had happened? Her brain was a little fuzzy so she couldn’t quite remember the details of what had happened.  She sat up fully, and was surprised to see Chris lying beside her on the bed. Fast asleep.  She made a move to wake him up a few times, before he finally woke up.
“Elle! You’re awake! Doctor!” Chris called out, immediately sitting up at alert.
The doctor  and nurse ran in, along with her mom and dad. Everyone was crowding all around her, assessing her, asking various questions. Was she alright?  Was she fine? But she couldn’t really hear them.  It was just a mass of blurry movements and wobbly sounds. She couldn't hear any of them.  Wasn’t really seeing them either.
All she could think about was what Chris had called her.  Elle.
“um…could you please give us a few minutes? I need some time alone with my wife” Chris called out suddenly, seeing the distress the crowd had brought on Elle.
“young man what do you mean? How can you dare say that we, her parents, should clear out the room for you?” her father shouted, clearly insulted.
“I’m sorry ma’am. Sir. But your daughter, my wife, is feeling a little claustrophobic, which as you can see, is looking very evident on her face.  So I pleadingly request that you allow me some time alone with her to calm her down. I’m the one she sees every night, not you. I get that you’re her parents, but she’s mine now.  My wife. Listen, are we really arguing about this? I mean, your daughter just came out of a coma and you’re arguing about a trivial issue like this? All I ask for is ten minutes. I mean she’s my wife so I shouldn’t even need to ask anyone for time alone with her, in the first place. But for courtesy sake, I humbly request for just ten minutes alone with her. Is that too much to ask?”

“let’s go hon. Let’s go honey” the wife finally adviced her husband and grudgingly they both left.
“thank you for  that Chris. I wouldn’t have been able to do that on my own” Elle finally said, mustering up a smile.
“you’re welcome. How are you feeling Elle?”
There it was again. Elle.
“um…it's Ajora, not Elle remember?"
“Ajora…Ella..hmm. there isn’t really a difference is there?"
“what…what do you mean?”
“I’m not really sure who I got married to, whether its Ella or Ajora, I mean with all the veil and huge bridal makeup, but I do know that the woman I make love to every night is Ella. Not Ajora. I was so shocked when I found out…”
“when and how did you find out?” she asked, a bit embarrassed.
“our wedding night. A few minutes after you’d left the bathroom and I was about to kiss you. Ajora and I, had planned everything. Down to the colour of lingerie she was going to wear,  most especially what she was going to do… what we were both going to do, just before I kissed her for the first time on our wedding night. She was supposed to run out to the room’s balcony laughing, some sort of last minute hold on her virginity and then, request that she needed to eat first before engaging in any strenuous activity. There was already food out there on the balcony. Complete with table and chairs. It was like a short script all set up by us. And when you didn’t follow the script, didn’t even wear the right colour of lingerie, I immediately knew something was off and that it wasn’t Ajora who was standing with me at that moment. geez. You weren’t even a virgin.  Honestly, I felt slightly insulted that your family felt I wouldn’t know my wife.  The woman I’d been dating for two years before the wedding.  It’s those little things that matter. Those little things that made me tell the difference between you and her. There’s this slight octave difference between both your voices that no one knows about, but I do, because Ajora used to sing for me a lot before, then what you did with your finger nail colours. Ajora always went for a brighter colour while yours, were never as bright or as shiny. The way you flick your hair is even different from the way she flicks hers. Those very minute details you think don’t really mater, was what screamed out the difference to me."
“jus for the record, what colour of lingerie did you guys plan for her to wear?” Elle asked, absolutely not believing what she was hearing right now!
“rainbow.  A mixture of lines and spectra of different colours”
“Wow. No one could have guessed that, even if they desperately wanted to.  It’s just that there were so many lingerie in her bedroom and I just went on a hunch and picked one of them.  So let me get this straight. You knew right there and then, that it was Elle, not Ajora with you, yet you proceeded to kiss me anyway. Touch me, knowing you were touching the wrong woman?” Elle asked incredulously.
“I was curious. I mean, you didn’t even know that I knew. I wanted to see how bad you’d go to keep the lie. How far you were willing to go, that night. And you went all the way, without flinching."

. ♥. ♥. ♥. ♥.

Hey guys!
And the chapter ended just like that!
How was the chapter? Do you like it?

So...
If you liked this chapter, show me that you did by
Commenting (very important)
Clicking the like buttons ( please, this could literarily save a life! In what ways? I'm not sure. Still searching goggle for that. What?! We've all  got our problems!  *shrugging*

And please follow me on my page. Everyone likes being popular, including me! Jayjay! Actually, that's not my name. My name's Esther. So... Can I get a follower this week? Is that you who's reading this right now? Common! Imma be your sweet sexy angel. Once you leave this page, go follow me pretty please!!! But hey! Make sure you like and comment first. You ain't wanna get on my bitchy side.

Alright. I'm ranting. I'm gonna stop now.

Okay. One benefit of following me? You get additional sneak peeks into the novel, later in the week, paraventure I don't have time to type the  next chapter!
So... Regular sneak peeks, first hand views of my regular post, and of course, a sure notification from wattpad, alerting you of whenever I post a new chapter in any of my works, including this one. No, especially this one

Alright. Imma stop now. But please once again
Like
Follow
Comment!!!

Bye dearies. see you in the next chapter!!!