chapter four ♣ A wedding to hold

Chris, standing at the pulpit of the church, smiled softly as he watched the bride...his bride, enter the church. Just one glance at her, was enough to steal his breath away. She was in one word... breathtaking!
When she stepped into the hall, it wasn't as innocuous as someone whispering Ajora, but more like a full glare of trumpets and headlights signing the entrance of a queen!
It was worth it. That was the only thought in his head, as he watched her walk towards him. It was all worth it. The vow of celibacy between them... her coming one hour late to their wedding.. it was all worth it.
"My love" he said softly, holding her hand, as she got to where he was.
"Chris" Ajora said, smiling through her veil. The veil didn't just frame her beautiful face. It also hid the way her breath had hitched up when Chris had called her my love. It hid her skittish nerves. To the rest of the world, to everyone in the congregation including the man standing right in front of her, at this very moment, she was Ajora Ndukwe, but only her family knew that she was Ella, the younger twin, taking her sister's place, to protect her family, to prevent her family from an eternal generation of disgrace, feuding and enimity .
Out there, there were still hundreds of people searching for Ajora while her job was to make sure the marriage went smoothly, without a hitch.
She fervently hoped that they could find Ajora before nightfall, because how was she to explain to Chris that she couldn't sleep with him on their wedding night?

Thank heavens she was a perfectly identical twin to her sister. They looked even more alike than the average twin did. Even their parents who knew them so well sometimes mistook them. They were that similarly looking. When they weren't even trying to pass off as each other, they were sometimes still mistaken by people who knew them so well, what now happened when they were actually trying to pass off as each other? Chris wouldn't even stand a chance. No one stood a chance in identifying them. They knew every little detail about each other, down to favourite tampons and underwear. So she wasn't even in the least bit worried that she was going to be found out or caught. If she didn't want to be found out then she was never going to be.
*****
THE PAST
She woke up slowly. softly. With a pounding headache . A series of déjà vu hit her. Lately, she'd been waking up with headaches. She was on the floor and very surprised at that. How could she, Ajora Dozie-Williams, be waking up on the floor? Immediately she said her name, it hit her. The events that had happened before now. The rape...lord! She was dead! She never attended her wedding! She was still Ajora Ndukwe.
She frantically looked around her, expecting to see fire nearby. If she was dead, then she'd probably go to hell right? But what she saw shocked her even further. Houses made of mud and thatched roof were scattered all over the place. It was then she noticed that she wasn't the only one on the floor either. There were up to twenty other ladies, sitting on the floor. She sat up fully and the women, all wearing strange clothes, immediately surrounded her to her amazement.
"princess are you okay?" They collectively said.
Princess? Who was that? Why were they calling her princess? The only way she would have been a princess was if she'd married Dozie - Williams. I mean, chris, she corrected in her head, her brain still a little foggy.
"princess are you okay? They asked again, with one of the women putting a hand on her chest to feel her heartbeat right above her breast and Ajora flinched back, shocked. Her body automatically recoiling itself, after having being abused for hours. She was in no shape to be touched or fondled either sexually or not, be it a man or a woman doing the touching.
"Ah Ah? Princess what is it? Are you sick? We've got a very long journey ahead of us to Ika, so please don't be sick". One of the women said concernedly, noticing the sick look on Ajora's face.
"journey? What journey? Who's Ika? Gosh! Where am I? who are you guys? Where is this place?" She asked, getting scared and shifting backwards, her eyes darting from one woman to another. But ultimately, she forgot to ask the most important question of all. Who am I?
And as if on cue, one of the women answered, starting by answering the unspoken question. "Princess don't you remember? Wow. The fall must have been really hard. You're the princess of Ibankin. Also the most beautiful girl in all the five kingdoms combined. The people of Ika, sent by their cruel king, king Ofedeje, came to attack our very small but peaceful kingdom. They killed your parents the king and queen, and all your brothers, the princes. You're the only girl and the last born child of the now late king Ndukwe."
Ajora nodded her head shakingly, trying to process this fact, yet still not believing it.
"what's my name?" she finally asked.
"you're the princess." Another woman answered, cocking her head.
"you've all said that before, I mean, what's my birth name? I'm Ndukwe what?"
"you're the princess Ajora Ndukwe". A younger looking woman probably younger than her, answered.
Wow! She didn't know what this was; If this was another world for dead people, she was glad she at least retained her name. Not just her name, but a princess title as well. I guess the blue sky wasn't totally submerged by the white clouds after all, she thought smiling.
" If really, I'm the princess, then why are we all on the floor?"
"because we've captives. The wicked king Ofedeje gave the order to wipe out everything male in our land, including male animals. Only the twenty most beautiful looking women, along with the princess were to be spared and taken back to Ika as war spoils"

. ♥. ♥. ♥. ♥.

Hey guys!
And the chapter ended just like that!
How was the chapter? Do you like it?

So...
If you liked this chapter, show me that you did by
Commenting (very important)
Clicking the like buttons ( please, this could literarily save a life! In what ways? I'm not sure. Still searching goggle for that. What?! We've all got our problems! *shrugging*

And please follow me on my page. Everyone likes being popular, including me! Jayjay! Actually, that's not my name. My name's Esther. So... Can I get a follower this week? Is that you who's reading this right now? Common! Imma be your sweet sexy angel. Once you leave this page, go follow me pretty please!!! But hey! Make sure you like and comment first. You ain't wanna get on my bitchy side.

Alright. I'm ranting. I'm gonna stop now.

Okay. One benefit of following me? You get additional sneak peeks into the novel, later in the week, paraventure I don't have time to type the next chapter!
So... Regular sneak peeks, first hand views of my regular post, and of course, a sure notification from wattpad, alerting you of whenever I post a new chapter in any of my works, including this one. No, especially this one

Alright. Imma stop now. But please once again
Like
Follow
Comment!!!

Bye dearies. see you in the next chapter!!!