chapter fifteen ♣ war to be won

THE PAST
It had been two weeks now.  Two weeks and  there was still no sign…absolutely no sign of Ofe, or the thousands of troops he’d gone out with. It was supposed to be their wedding in just three days time.  She was presently in the servant’s quarters, sewing as usual. Her life for the past two weeks had been series of shuffled, predicted movements. Wake up, clean and arrange the whole servant’s quarters, wash up all the servant’s clothes, cook for all the servant, and the most dreadful of them all, sewing with the dreaded needle! Then lastly but in no way least, she had to go to the adjourning stream to fetch water to fill all the palace drums. And all these was to cultivate good training habits of  the soon-to-be future queen. You know what? Fuck it! Fuck it all! She wasn’t threading one more needle or sewing one more stitch and the best of it all? Fuck that manipulative, controlling bitch! Queen mother my foot! She was a bastard daughter of a thousand fathers. The woman had no conscience, no remorse. She’d at least wanted to have a good relationship with the mother of the man she was beginning to have feelings for.  But the mother of Ofe, over the past two weeks, had slowly moved from humanity to stupidity and then, brutal animality. The woman who’d requested she did all these chores every day, to be a better queen.  Better queen my foot.  She was just a bitch. Plain and simple. She should stop giving silly excuses as to why.  And speaking of the devil, the bitch in question just walked in.
“Ajora! So you’re still not done with what I asked you to sew you lazy Crazy whore! worthless, lazy tramp!" At that, Ajora threw away the cloth on her lap and stoop up.
“say it again. Dare me ma, and repeat yourself again, because to God help me I will…"
Whack! The queen mother Isioma, gave Ajora a very dirty, hand slap, turning Ajora’s head forcefully to the side.
“Dare me girl. Who do you think you are to talk to me like that? You’re already trash, everybody knows that. But even trash, has levels; and the level you’re in girl, the shit from my buttocks isn’t even placed there. So I suggest you respect yourself lad” the woman said, with all air of haughtiness

Tears instantly sprung to her eyes, she couldn't help it, with  her hand still clutching the slapped part of her face. Her whole body had so badly wanted to react and slap her back but a tiny thread of sensibility and years of Nigerian upbringing, had prevented her from doing so. Youths where meant to respect their elders.
But right now, she was so tired, tired of all the chores, scared…scared for Ofe, and then frustrated! she was utterly frustrated about all that had happened throughout this month.  The month of June. The weirdest month ever. And with all these things weighing down on her, and her hands still clutching her cheeks, she uttered one simple sentence.
“I’m  done.” 
“what do you mean done?" The queen mother asked, rolling her eyes.
“Done with all your wahala and issues. I quit! I’ve been trying to please you for the past too weeks to the extent that I’d even lost part of myself.  But it still wasn’t enough for you, was it? I lost sight of who I am, just to get to know who you are better. No more. It’s all over. We’re both mature adults. And women for crying out loud! Shouldn’t we be working together instead of against one another? Look at everywhere, around the palace.  Do you see the king? No you don’t. And you wanna know why? because he’s gone to war.  Two weeks. Two whole weeks now and yet, still  no sign of him. He’s out there risking his life so that the people in his life, the people he loves could have a better chance at the future. At survival. So I will be dammed if I stay here fighting with you, thwarting the king’s efforts.  We’re both women, who both love the king. That’s already two things in common right? And if we really tried to work it out between us, hopefully we could find the third…fourth…fifth thing in common right?” Ajora asked, totally exasperated now, expecting her answer and suddenly, there was a huge commotion outside.
“the king has arrived oh!” someone shouted from the crowd.
“Oh my gosh….is he….is he dead?” someone finally asked after a few seconds. That last sentence was enough to un-root her from the spot where she’d stood  rooted and make her instantly jump into action.
She ran outside with the Queen mother right behind her. She was struggling to push through the crowd, when she head words that stopped her and made hope bloom in her heart which  was
“at this rate, the king’s a dead man except he magically has someone with unique and special healing talents, come heal him.  And that’s a job bigger than what our local palace herbalist."
But not a job bigger than her. She thought wildly,  pushing her way through, more forcefully, wanting to see him by herself. Few minutes later, she successfully pushed through the crowd, coming face to face with Ofe and what she saw made her blood run cold.
Ota….her Ota was covered in blood most of it coming from his mouth. He was vomiting blood and there was a sword which was wedged  through him, his abdomen.
And even with all this, he was still alive. Breathing. Standing, with arms stretched out wide for her. And she ran. Ran so hard into his embrace, careful of the sword.  A love forged in blood.  She didn’t  care about the blood everywhere. Then slowly, she could feel it. Him sipping away. Collapsing to the floor.

. ♥. ♥. ♥. ♥.

Hey guys!
And the chapter ended just like that!
How was the chapter? Do you like it?

So...
If you liked this chapter, show me that you did by
Commenting (very important)
Clicking the like buttons ( please, this could literarily save a life! In what ways? I'm not sure. Still searching goggle for that. What?! We've all  got our problems!  *shrugging*

And please follow me on my page. Everyone likes being popular, including me! Jayjay! Actually, that's not my name. My name's Esther. So... Can I get a follower this week? Is that you who's reading this right now? Common! Imma be your sweet sexy angel. Once you leave this page, go follow me pretty please!!! But hey! Make sure you like and comment first. You ain't wanna get on my bitchy side.

Alright. I'm ranting. I'm gonna stop now.

Okay. One benefit of following me? You get additional sneak peeks into the novel, later in the week, paraventure I don't have time to type the  next chapter!
So... Regular sneak peeks, first hand views of my regular post, and of course, a sure notification from wattpad, alerting you of whenever I post a new chapter in any of my works, including this one. No, especially this one

Alright. Imma stop now. But please once again
Like
Follow
Comment!!!

Bye dearies. see you in the next chapter!!!