chapter one ♣ preparations are in order

A year later...
Ajora sat in front of her vanity table, applying make-up to her face. Ajora Ndukwe; she murmured her name softly, looking directly at herself in the mirror. By tomorrow, that name was going to change. She couldn't help but be overjoyed at the thought. She was becoming Princess Ajora Osarodion Oghosa Edobor-Uzamere Christopher Dozie-Williams!

She still couldn't believe that tomorrow was her wedding day. Hers. Her twin sister and four of their friends were waiting downstairs for her to finish dressing up. They were going clubbing to celebrate her last day as a spinster.

"Elle won't you hurry up?" she heard them shout from downstairs

"I'm coming! Just a minute!" she shouted back, hurriedly finishing off her facial looks and standing up. She was wearing a strapless, A-shaped, floral printed dress with strap-on white heels.

She made a move to go out, when her laptop which she'd left open on the bed, pinged up, showing she'd just got a message. Should she answer it? She slightly wondered, as she hurriedly hooked on her loop earrings to her ears. As a last minute act, she decided to just gloss over the message being sent, and then be on her way.

' Hey beautiful'

she blushed slightly. It was her fiance Chris, that had texted her.

'hi handsome. You shouldn't be texting me. I thought we agreed that there would be no form of contact between us till the wedding tomorrow?'

'I'm so sorry love. Couldn't help... Couldn't resist. Couldn't let one full day go by without seeing or hearing from you.'

She was getting giddy with excitement and amusement, as she settled down on her bed, making herself comfortable, before typing back, with her bachelorette night temporarily forgotten.

'Awwn. I miss you already, that's so touching. Can't chat for long though. The girls are waiting for me downstairs. How are your vows coming along? You know this is the most important aspect of tomorrow's ceremony. Standing in front of that crowd and telling the world about how we really feel about each other...' she texted back.

'this vow is really important to you isn't it?' He asked.

'yes, it's very important. The most important. you're going to write it down on a paper so you won't forget right?' She texted back, laughing softly to herself about how demanding her text sounded.

He knew her better though, she thought as she absent-mindedly played with her hair, feeling like she was in a dream world. He knew her even better than she knew herself!

And tomorrow... tomorrow. she shivered slightly, thinking about what she was going to be doing by this time tomorrow. The time was 8pm presently. They were finally going to be joined as man and wife. And somehow, that left a good feeling in the pit of her stomach.

Her laptop pinged with a new message, bringing her to the present

'don't need a paper to tell my woman how much she means to me. Her face becomes the very platform on which I write. Her smile and eyes becomes the ink to that platform. And the ass... gosh! That ass! Becomes my very source of inspiration. Can't wait to own you in every way, tomorrow baby.'

Her whole body instantly became heated up. Gosh! She was turned on as fuck! Few more hours. Just few more hours. It wasn't so far anymore, She consoled herself. She was quite speechless and didn't know what to text back.

'um...I gotta go. The girls must be really impatient by now. I'm surprised they haven't come barging in here'
'open your windows and look outside' he texted back

'why?'

'you'll know why ,when you open the window.'

Rolling her eyes, with a light smile on her lips, she bounced off the bed and went to her window, looking down the two story building of her parent's house and surprisingly, sitting there on a chair, with an opened laptop, was the very own Christopher Dozie-Williams.