Ch26: All My Loved Ones

I wake up beside Taehyung the next day, and even though it gets me startled, it becomes the usual as a few months pass to the point that I'm startled if I don't wake up beside him.

It started with that night when I knew a little about his past, and then he would come every two to three days to tell me that I'm feeling cold and he's coming to warm me up even though it's the middle of summer.

I got that it was his excuse to just cuddle all night long since he apparently had a thing for cuddling while asleep.

So as months pass, Taehyung and I grow noticeably closer, but then there's this tension every now and then whenever he does absolutely anything and I find myself staring at him with heart eyes.

Anyone would mistake us a couple, since a guy and a girl don't cuddle to sleep every night unless there's something between them, but sadly, we're not, and oh how I wish we are.

Thus, I tried looking for any signs of Taehyung liking me back, but I failed whatsoever, because he's still the same sassy ass hybrid, and even though his curses at me are ceasing, he still calls me "filthy human" every now and then in a joking manner for sure.

It makes me wonder if me being human is what makes him not want to like me back.

Of course, he really hates humans for what they've done to him, and I thought I was an exception, but apparently, am not.

Winter approaches sooner than I expect; time with Taehyung flies really fast, and I'm soon going out to buy Christmas gifts for my family and Taehyung.

I sit on the living room's floor, wrapping up the presents neatly when Taehyung approaches, scanning me and the gifts.

I look up at him and give a small smile. "Want to help?"

"No," He replies casually as he walks towards me and sits beside me criss-cross.

"Who are these for?" He adds, pointing at all the boxes.

"They're Christmas gifts," I say, cursing under my breath when I tear the wrapper.

"This is for mom," I point at one. "And dad," I point at another. "And Yoongi. That's for Jimin, and that one is for Jungkook. This is for Jin, and that's all."

"Why do you buy everyone gifts?" He asks, leaning forward and resting his chin on his hand, his elbow settling on his thigh.

"Because it's Christmas, and I'm buying all my loved ones gifts to remind them of how much I love them," I pause, pulling out a new sheet of wrap. "And they buy me gifts, too, so it's a little of a tradition, you can say."

He hums, then he points at a wrapped up box settled on one side. "Then whose is that one?"

I grin. "That one is yours."

His ears perk up at my statement, his tail wagging ever so slightly.

"Why would you buy me one?"

I shrug. "I said I buy all my loved ones gifts, remember?"

He blinks, tugging at his bottom lip with his teeth to hold back a smile, and I pretend I didn't see it.

"Does that mean I should buy you a gift, too?" He asks.

I shake my head. "You don't have to, I already know you love me."

I end it with a small laugh, and gulp afterwards, wishing my words were actually true.

I clear my throat. "We're spending the Christmas at my parents' house. I'll finally introduce you to them."

"Are they nice people?"

I nod. "Of course they are. Mom can be a little savage sometimes, I think Yoongi got it from her, but she's sweet. Dad is the kindest person I've met, so don't worry, you'll love them."

I turn my head to him to give him a smile, and he merely smiles back, averting his gaze back to the gift I bought for him, pupils dilating and tail wagging again when he stares at it, making me smile wider.

"Someone's excited," I tease, nudging him.

He glares at me and I wiggle my eyebrows, making him grimace in disgust. I let go of the gifts and reach my hand to scratch behind his ears, making him lean closer as his tail wags even more rapidly, and we stay like that for a while in silence.

"I love you," He mumbles in one breath, his voice almost inaudible but I catch it, and even though my heart flutters, it hurts a little, because I know that the love he's talking about isn't the one on my mind.

---

A/N: Yall are gonna hate me so much in the next chapter