Ch16: Roasted

Taehyung is roasted.

I've been teasing him since the morning for the tan he got, and even though I had a good laugh, I was intrigued.

If I get a tan, I literally look like a roasted rooster, so how could he, in all his glory, look even more handsome with a tan?

To say that I'm jealous is an understatement.

At night, we went out shopping which I, personally, admire. Visiting a new city definetly means shopping, and so I feel satisfied when I'm back home with many bags, filled with clothes, shoes, and bags for both me and Taehyung that I bought with my own money and which I knew will make us live off of instant noodles for the rest of the month.

"Ah, today was tiring," I let a yawn escape my mouth, coming out of the bathroom with my pyjamas on.

I untie my hair, letting it loose because I love sleeping with it like this. I turn to look at Taehyung who's sprawled out on his bed, each limb in a direction as he stares blankly at the ceiling.

"Taehyung?" I call.

His eyes stay unfocused as he spaces out, his pupils dilating, indicating he's deep in thought.

I approach him and snap my fingers beside his ear. He flinches and sits up, looking at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"What?"

"What are you thinking?" I ask.

"Nothing," He replies.

"You spaced out."

"I know."

"Okay," I walk back to my bed, sitting on it. "I was thinking, 'Taehyung' is long; I should give you a nickname."

"I like my name, thanks."

"I never said I don't like it," I cross my legs. "It's just long when I call you, you know? Hanseol is a long name, too, you can call me Seol. My parents call me Seol."

"Filthy human suits you better," He says.

At this point, his insults are so common that I'm used to them, as if they're everyday words, so I ignore him.

"Maybe I can call you Tae," I say. "Sounds cute, and short."

He frowns. "I don't like it."

"Why? No one has ever called you Tae before?" I ask.

His ears twitch, and he blinks once. Twice.

"No."

"You hesitated," I say. "Who called you Tae?"

"No one," He mumbles, then gets under the covers. "Now shut up and let me sleep."

"I'll stay awake for a while," I say and he waves me off.

I unlock my phone, and start going through the messages my parents sent me. I reply to all of them, assuring them I'm fine and healthy.

I sigh upon my brother's drunk texts where he swears he has six fingers on his left hand and attaches a photo of his completely normal hand. The last text looks like it isn't complete, so I just assume he passed out in the middle of texting and sent it by dropping his phone or something.

I shake my head, then go through the pictures I took today. Some where of scenery, and some where selfies that Taehyung refused to join me in.

There was one picture, though, that I managed to take of him without him noticing. He was looking at some display at a shop, and I took that opportunity to snap a picture of him.

I smile at the picture, noticing how his eyebrows were furrowed in concentration, and his lips were slightly pouting.

I chuckle, then put my hand over my mouth and turn my head to the side. Taehyung, however, is dead asleep, and I smile, putting my phone aside and approaching him yet once again.

I sit on the floor, and slowly bring my hand up, stopping when I'm too close to his head.

I hesitate, but let my hand fall onto his hair anyway, and I lowly gasp when I feel how soft it is. I run my hand through his hair once, twice, and a few seconds later I'm caressing his hair non-stop, making sure to not come close to his ears since hybrids' ears are very sensitive, again jealous at how it's softer than mine.

I start playing with his brown locks, and he lets out a small soft hum, snuggling deeper into the pillow. I take that as my cue and grin, caressing his head with more confidence, my fingers gliding smoothly between the hairs.

Some sort of a hum of satisfaction emits from his throat and I giggle, continuing with what I'm doing. I know he'll wake up sooner or later, and that he'll bash me, but at the moment, I didn't care.

So even when he slowly opens his eyes and stares at me, I continue, pretending I don't know he's awake.

It's silent for a while, and for a mere second, I think he'd let me get closer to him.

This thought is shattered, whatsoever, when his hand grips onto my wrist tightly, and I feel my skin burning under his.

---

A/N: Thank you for all the love in the previous chap uwu