Ch2: Intimidation

Just as he lifts his foot to launch forward, I turn on my heel and sprint out of the room.

Only now I realize I'm too stupid.

I'm running in the corridor, cursing under my breath, and the next thing I know there are strong arms wrapped around me and my feet are not touching the ground anymore.

I screech and flail my arms around, but realize it's too late when I feel sharp pain in my arm due to its contact with the floor of the same room I was in in the beginning.

Taehyung locks the door from outside and I curse again, standing up and running to the door. I bang with my arms and feet, but to no avail.

There are already audible crashes from outside, and I hold my head in my hands, sliding down the floor.

There's a Code Red Hybrid in my apartment, untamed and very ready to kill me.

The crashes stop, and silence takes over. I freeze, thinking of all the possibilities. Did he manage to leave? Why did he stop? Is he planning my murder?

There's a click, and the door flies open. I scream out of shock and crawl back before I'm lifted up.

Taehyung pushes me to the wall behind me, and I wince from the pain that attacks my back and head.

His hands wrap around my neck and he applies pressure, choking me. His face is dangerously close to mine, and his eyes have fire in them.

"Where's the key?" He asks.

I struggle to breathe. What key is he even talking about? His hands tighten around my throat and mine tighten around his.

My feet are barely touching the floor, my arm still hurts, and so does my head. I cough out only for him to release pressure, and apply more again.

My legs swing back and forth, and my nails scratch at his hand but his grip only gets stronger.

"Where's the apartment's key?" He asks through gritted teeth, this time his voice much deeper, much scarier.

I open my mouth to speak, but no words come out as I struggle to take in another breath. The key is in my jeans' pocket.

His hand loosens a bit. He's letting go. But then he tightens it again.

My head pounds, and tears form in my eyes. He shows no signs of letting go, and I feel like I can't take it anymore.

Darkness starts invading my vision, and I shut my eyes tightly, feeling my neck burning more than ever.

Ding dong.

Taehyung's grip loosens, and I fall to the ground, coughing and wheezing for air. The tears I had in my eyes are already falling, and I still can't take my breath, as if his hand is still there.

The doorbell rings again, and I thank God for whoever came at this time. My saviour.

My chest rises and falls rapidly, and I look up at Taehyung. He's staring down at me, and his eyes are still shining in hatred.

He steps closer and I shrink, sticking to the wall as much as I can. I tear my eyes away from him, in fear he might do it again.

After a few seconds, he's still the same, so I muster up some courage and look up at him. He's smirking in victory. He made me fear him.

This is what he wanted from the beginning. To intimidate me.

Ding dong.

I look down again, and my eyes catch the electric collar not far away from me. It must've fell from my hand when he threw me here. The remote is beside it.

I cough out again, my hand on my neck.

"Give me the key," He says, his tone demanding. He's not messing around.

I take in a breath and look up at him, glaring. He bends down to match my eye level and stares at me.

I know what I need to do. His face is right in front of mine, and he's smirking again. He must be enjoying this.

I gulp and raise my hand to land a slap on his face. His eyes widen in shock, and I take this opportunity to stand up and run towards the apartment's door.

I hastily bring out the key from my back pocket and unlock the door, my heart fluttering in relief when I see him in front of me.

Without hesitation, I pull him in and lock the door again.

Jimin stares at me in confusion and before he opens his mouth to speak, Taehyung shows up, growling.

---

A/N: what do you suggest as an update schedule?

Every other day

Weekly