Ch19: Betrayer Of A Friend

Ding Dong.

Taehyung's ears perk at the sound of the doorbell, and I furrow my eyebrows, wondering who'd come this late at night.

I go and open the door, my eyes widening when I see Jimin, a grin on his face and pizza boxes in his hand.

"You came back and didn't tell me, you betrayer of a friend," He says, pushing me with his shoulder and walking in without an invitation. "I only knew you're back when Jungkook told me he heard you running in the hallway like a maniaㅡ"

He stops abruptly and I turn around, seeing his mouth open as he stands at the entrance of the living room, his eyes wide as he stares at Taehyung.

"Don't worry," I say, glancing at the hybrid. "He doesn't bite."

Taehyung smirks at my words, and I turn back to the door, about to close it when I notice Jungkook, standing on the side, his back pressed to the wall as he side-glances at me.

"Jungkook, come in," I smile, and he brings his head forward, staring at me with wide eyes.

"The dog hybrid is inside, isn't he?" He mumbles.

"Yeah, but he won't hurt you, Kookie."

He stares down at me, his eyebrows furrowed, still hesitant.

I sigh. "Well, Jimin is inside anyway, so unless you want him toㅡ"

He passes by me, walking inside the apartment making me stop talking. I chuckle and close the door, then turn around.

Jimin is sitting at the far end of the couch, his eyes fixated on the floor. Taehyung is sitting at the other side, his arms crossed as he stares boredly at Jimin, his tail occasionally flicking making Jimin flinch and Taehyung smirk.

I let out a frustrated sigh, sitting between them and opening the pizza boxes Jimin bought.

He leans in my ear, whispering. "Where is his collar?"

"I removed it," I shrug, my voice as low as his even though I'm pretty sure it's of no use. Both Taehyung and Jungkook can most likely hear us very clearly thanks to their highly sensitive ears.

"Didn't he try to..." He pauses, moving his hand across his neck in one swift motion. "You know."

"No, it was only once," I stop to think. "Twice, maybe, but no, he won't do it again."

"Why do you trust him sㅡ No, wait. How do you trust him so much?" He whisper-yells, taking a quick glance at Taehyung and immediately looking back at me.

I shrug. "I just do. If I trust him enough, don't you think he'll trust me back?"

"Why do you even need his trust?" He asks.

I grin, leaning back. "Why don't I?"

Jimin's face scrunches in confusion, his eyes squinting, mouthing a 'what'.

I shake my head and avert my gaze to Jungkook, standing a little far, glaring at Taehyung, who's glaring as equally as hard back.

I ignore them both, and pull out a pizza slice, munching on it and being the only one not tensed in the room.

"Umm," Jimin gulps. "Seol? I have a family reunion tomorrow that I should go to in Busan, and I'll spend the night there andㅡ"

"Yes, Jungkook can stay, but why are you even taking permission?"

"I don't want to," Jungkook says, still standing with his arms crossed, glaring at Taehyung. "I'll be fine on my own."

I sigh, leaning back.

The reason why the bunny hybrid can't go with Jimin is that Jimin's family (apart from his parents) don't like Jungkook. Jimin's parents have always considered Jungkook a part of the family, unlike his grandparents, aunts and uncles who, like many others, hate hybrids and treat them like animals.

When Jimin has a family reunion once a year and has to travel to his hometown, he leaves Jungkook with me because one, Jungkook dislikes sleeping alone and two, Jungkook loves staying with me.

However, this time it seems as if Jungkook has other plans, and I can tell by the way he's glaring at Taehyung. There's no way Jungkook will stay if Taehyung's around because they, for no real reason, hate each other's guts.

It's only their second encounter and they've never talked, but the way they look at each other is enough.

"Alright, Jungkook," I say, a smile on my face. "Do whatever makes you comfortable but remember that I'm always here if you need anything, hmm?"

"I know," He says, his chin held up high as he stares down at Taehyung.

"We should leave now. I just came to give you the pizza as a welcome back gift and there's no need to stay. Bye," Jimin mumbles quickly, standing up and yanking Jungkook as they head to the front door.

They leave and shut the door behind them, and I turn to Taehyung, a pizza slice in his mouth as he munches on it nonchalantly.

He averts his gaze to me, his eyebrows raised in amusement.

"You have some weird friends, too. Is everyone you know this weird?" He asks.

"They're not weird, Tae. They're completely normal," I say, walking towards him and blobbing myself on the couch.

He chokes.

"Don't call me that."