Ch4: Screwed

Jimin left a while ago, and now I'm all alone.

With Taehyung.

He hasn't left his room ever since I told him to go there, and now I sit in the living room, regretting life choices.

My phone vibrates and I pick it up from the coffee table to check the text I received. It was none other than my boss, the one who got me into this whole mess.

Boss Kim:
Did you get the hybrid?

I sigh and type in.

Me:
Yes! :)

He sees my text but doesn't respond. I huff out in annoyance and drop my phone on the couch. I pick up the collar's remote and head to Taehyung's room.

Breathing in, I stand in front of his door, slowly but steadily knocking. I hear a shuffle, and nothing more.

I knock again, and speak. "Taehyung, may I come in?"

Nothing.

"I'm coming in," I say and turn the doorknob, walking in to see him sitting on his bed, his arms crossed over his chest as he glares.

Does he ever stop glaring?

"I'm sorry I electrified you out there," I start. "You were going for my friend and I didn't want you to hurt him."

He rolls his eyes.

"Don't you think you should apologize, too? You strangled me and my friend"

"And you slapped me," He says.

"Because you strangled me," I defend.

"Why did you do that?" I add. "You almost killed me."

He shrugs. "I just felt like it."

I raise an eyebrow. "You almost killed me because you felt like it?"

He hums.

I sigh, look around, and catch a glimpse of his hand. It's bleeding, and he's crossing his arms only to hide it. Then it clicks in my mind, I scratched his hand when he was strangling me.

I rush out of the room to bring the first aid kit, and jog back. He's still in the same position, his eyes watching my every move unamusingly.

I walk towards him, and he flares his teeth threteaningly when I get too close.

"Your hand is bleeding," I say and hold up the first aid kit. "Let me help you."

"No."

I sigh. "I'm not going to kill you. I just have to sterilize it before you get infected."

"We, Code Reds, are not as weak as you, humans. You think a scratch would affect me?" He raises an eyebrow.

I roll my eyes for the nth time this day. "Well, I'm sorry, Mr.Code Red, but I, Min Hanseol, was the one who did that to you, and I feel a little guilty."

I reach out my hand and patiently wait for him to give me his hand.

"There's no way I'm letting you touch my hand," He says.

"What? Scared of some alcohol, puppy?"

He glares.

"Give me your hand," I order.

His arms fall to his side, and he sighs in exasperation. "If you think I'll give you my hand just because you try to mock me then you're completely stupid."

"Okay, I give up," I lie. I take the kit and leave.

A few hours later, I order some food and set it on the coffee table in the living room. I walk to Taehyung's room and knock.

"Lunch's ready!" I yell. When I don't get a response, I turn the doorknob and walk in. Taehyung is still sitting on the bed, and he's still glaring.

"I ordered lunch, and no, I didn't poison it. Can you please come and eat?"

He scans me head to toe, then his eyes lock with mine.

"I'm not hungry," He blurts out.

"You'll die."

"How many times do I have to remind you that I'm not as weak as you?"

"You're dumb," I cross my arms, now frustrated. "I work for the HRC, and I studied your kind, Taehyung. I know about you more than you know about yourself. So come and eat, will you? You're not scaring me anymore."

He blinks, and his face is blank.

"Leave," He says. "You idiotic disgusting daughter of a human."

"Okay. Die from hunger, I guess."

Later that night, I'm in my bedroom, the first aid kit in my hands. My plan is to do it while he is asleep.

Now I stand in front of his room and I open the door as quietly and as slowly as I can. I stare at him for a moment to make sure he's sleeping.

He's on the bed, his eyes closed, his chest slowly rising up and down and his hand hanging off the bed. His hand that I was aiming for.

I walk in with light steps, and kneel when I'm right beside him. I bring out the alcohol and put it on some cotton, and slowly dab it on his hand.

He flinches and his ears perk. I purse my lips and retreat my hand, but when he doesn't move for a few seconds, I go back to treating his hand.

After I wrap his hand, I start gathering the stuff and putting it back in the kit. Thank God he didn't wake up.

I shut the kit and look up, and almost scream when I see his eyes wide open.

I'm screwed.