Chapter 31: Something is Wrong

Sunset stared at Royal Moon. Something about Royal Moon seemed familiar. But hard as she tried, she couldn’t figure it out. She looked over at Pinkie Pie as she walked up.

"Oh, hey! You're Starlight's vampire friend, Royal...Moon, right?" asked Pinkie Pie, in her usual cheery way.

Sunset raised her eyebrows in surprise. She looked at Royal Moon, gauging if Pinkie Pie was right.

"Are you really a vampire?" asked Sunset.

Royal Moon nodded.

"Yes. Though, I am half vampire." Royal Moon said as Starlight came down the stairs.

Sunset stepped aside as Royal Moon walked in. She caught Trixie's eye. Gauging from Trixie's expression, Sunset could tell she was thinking the same thing; what is going on here?

"Star, how are you? Any better since last night?" asked Royal Moon as she greeted her friend.

A big smile was on Starlight's face. Any time she and Royal Moon hung out, it was like she was human again. A slight chuckle escaped from Starlight. It was hard to contain her excitement around her old friend.

"A bit better. Though, I am still worried about Sunset," replied Starlight.

Royal Moon gave Starlight a hug. It made her sad to see her friend worried. She broke the hug, allowing Starlight to breathe.

"Shall we go somewhere to talk?" asked Royal Moon.

Starlight nodded and gave Royal Moon a warm smile.

Royal Moon followed Starlight to her room. The house seemed to be bigger than she remembered. As they approached Starlight's room, she spotted a padlocked door. Knitting her eyebrows, she turned her attention to Starlight.

"Hey Star, what's in the padlocked room, if I may ask?" said Royal Moon, pouting at the door.

Starlight glanced at the door and let out a heavy sigh. The room reminded her of memories, painful ones. She walked over to the door. Her hand hovered over the lock.

"Royal Moon, if I show you what's the room, do you promise to not tell anyone?" asked Starlight.

Royal Moon approached the door. A shimmer ran across the door. It was magic. Turning to Starlight, she nodded.

The spell locking the door broke as Starlight touched the handle. She swung the door open. Inside the room, it was dusty and dark. There were cobwebs all over the room. It seemed that it hadn't been touched or cleaned for a long time.

"This room...is where I keep all my old photos and things from my past." Starlight said, a tear rolling down her cheek.

Royal Moon saw the tear run down Starlight's cheek. It was the first time Royal Moon saw her friend cry. She rested her hand on Starlight's shoulder, squeezing it.

"I'm sorry, Star. If I had known, I wouldn't have-" said Royal Moon.

"No, it's fine. I was planning to show you this room anyway." Starlight said, interrupting Royal Moon.

Starlight grabbed a frame off the desk which sat next to the door. The picture was of her back when she had just turned 18. It was a fond memory for Starlight. Simply because it was the most fun she had as a human. But sadly, it also reminded her of what she lost thanks to Filthy Rich.

"You okay, Star?" asked Royal Moon.

Starlight set the picture back down. Clearing her throat, she turned to her friend.

"Yeah, I am fine. It's just...painful memories," replied Starlight.

It was clear that Starlight didn't really like being in the room. Royal Moon decided to walk out of the room. She had seen enough. And she could see it was bringing up bad memories for Starlight.