Chapter Ten

(A/N : Well, sorry for not updating this book for over a month. I was really caught up with my book, Luan's Infection in the Open Novella Contest and didn't have time to update this book because of the strict time limits to write 6000 words in two weeks. This might be easy for some of you, but you have to read your chapter over and over again to find spelling mistakes and try to make it enthralling. Well, I have passed Round One (2000 word count), but sadly, I failed at Round Two (8000 word count). So, now, I'm back at updating this book. I hope you enjoy!)

Young Lucy's P.O.V.

I went downstairs to the mirror. Did anything happen? I looked back at my reflection. I looked… normal.
“Yes!” I cried.
I suddenly froze. Something looked wrong when I opened my mouth. Maybe it was just my imagination. I slowly opened my mouth again.
“No!”
I turned around and ran back into the attic. I kept thinking about how to reverse it. I got the book of spells and flipped the pages over to the Different Being Altogether list.
I reread a specific being over and over again, trying to find how to reverse the spell.
Vampire: Creature driven by blood. It loves blood like it is the best food ever. It does not need blood to survive. Their eyes are red. They are alright in UV rays. In order to not show the effects, meaning that the eyes will not look red and teeth will not be sharp for an hour after chanting it.
My eyes aren't red now, are they? I headed over to the mirror in the attic. My eyes looked fine. However, my teeth were sharp. Maybe I should just try to chant the thing they were talking about to hide my sharp teeth. But chant what? They didn’t specify what to chant! Maybe they meant the spell that I chanted to look normal again. I decided try it out.
After chanting it, my teeth looked fine. I guess that I’ll have to chant it every hour for the rest of my life.

One hour later

I was in my room, reading a book if jokes. I read a hilarious joke that made me laugh hard.
Hahaha!” I laughed.
I realized that my voice changed back to the voice that I had when I was deformed.
I checked the time. One hour has passed since I did my spell. The book of spells was in the attic. I forgot to bring it downstairs.
In the attic, I just happened to glance at the mirror.
My eyes were red.
I just stood there in disbelief. I suddenly regretted chanting that spell again, since I was pretty sure that my eyes and voice changed after repeating the spell.
My memory is a blur from then on. It was only six month ago when I can actually recall memories. By then, I was gothic and had bangs covering my eyes. I don’t know how or why I can’t remember anything, but I didn't search for an answer. I also do not know how my family didn’t notice that I was a vampire. That is my secret.

Beginning of the book

I recited my secret to Edmund again.
“Oh, Edmund, what should I do?” I asked. He didn’t answer, of course.
If only my secret wasn’t so dangerous to me. I went to the bathroom to fix my bangs…