Haruka grabbed him by his shoulders and held him down easily despite his struggles. Shikamaru sighed, watching the two. They made him feel exhausted just being withing ten feet of them.

"The best thing to do is to get rest for the exams. Then you'll be 'energized'." Shikamaru informed him, hoping that it would quiet down a bit so he could nap. The chair he was in was more comfortable than a lot of places he had slept, and he wanted to relax as much as he could before he had to actually do hard work tomorrow at the exams.

Grudgingly, Nii-san settled down. "So, what did ya' bring to eat? I'm starvin'." He grumbled, on the verge of pouting.

Shikamaru lifted a basket full of fruits onto the bed, letting it bounce a bit on the covers. Nii-san, upon seeing the food, grinned widely, drool dribbling down his chin.

"Hey, you said that Choji couldn't eat this, right?" Nii-san confirmed as Haruka inspected the fruit carefully just in case it was poisoned.

Shikamaru nodded, wondering what he was getting at.

"Why don't we eat this in front of him?" Nii-san suggested mischievously. 

Shikamaru shook his head at the suggestion. "That's twisted." He grinned, obviously liking the idea.

The boys stood to leave the room, with Haruka following behind. She felt calm now that he was awake and his normal self. It was even a bit comforting to hear one of his schemes.

As they walked down the hallway, a strange felling began to come over Haruka. It was a feeling of wrongness. She couldn't quite explain it, but there was something heavy in the air that made her want to grab Nii-san and run.

Before she could do so, the two stopped. "Hey!" Nii-san shouted, running into a room to the left of the hallway. Haruka barged in after him, almost knocking Shikamaru over in her haste.

Gaara was in the room, eyes slightly bloodshot as he trembled slightly. His sand was over top of Lee and swinging down to crush the boy. Knowing that it would make Nii-san upset if Lee was killed in front of him, Haruka jumped forward and deflected the sand by spinning her knives.

Gulping, Gaara stumbled back at the sight of her. Still, he refused to leave. He was there to kill the weirdo, and Jashin damn it, he would so it. He was tired of Haruka getting in the way of all his kills. No way was he going to let her keep him from killing all together.

"Gaara? What're doing to Lee?! You can't just kill him! Believe it!" Nii-san yelled, distressed.

Standing straight, Gaara let his sand creep up slowly to Lee once more. "Why not?" He asked, his voice a deep monotone.

Haruka stayed in front of Nii-san, but eyed the sand warily. If push comes to shove, she would definitely put Nii-san first, but hoped she could save his friends also. It would keep him from much heartache.

Seeing that he wasn't going to back down, Shikamaru stepped in and placed Gaara into his Shadow Possession jutsu. It was a temporary solution, of course, but Haruka was eternally grateful for it. It allowed her more time to think of a way to get them all out of there.

Nii-san and Shikamaru started questioning Gaara, becoming more and more disturbed by his answers. Haruka didn't listen, since she didn't care about his reasons for killing at all, and kept looking around for an escape. If she tried to take Gaara on in a fight, he had enough sand that he could use it to attack all of them at once. There was no way she could defend everyone simultaneously, so she would need to find a different way to keep them safe.

Before she could think of a different strategy, Gaara attacked. Shikamaru's jutsu had worn off, so he took full advantage of the situation.

Screaming, Haruka jumped in front of Nii-san with her arms stretched wide. If she tried to deflect it, there was no doubt that he would be able to the sand to crush Nii-san. The best she could do was be a human shield, and hope that the screams of pain that would come from everyone would bring someone into the room.

Right before they were crushed, something managed to deflect the sand away and keep it from coming back at them.

"Dynamic Entry!"

Current Count: 97

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sooooooooo....

How's the cliffhanger? XD

I wrote a one shot from Gaara's point of view. It'll be from what happens right after the chapter Fixing (Again). I don't know how to use external links or anything like that (being a hardcore blonde) so here's a link:

http://www.wattpad.com/70682424-anime-ect-something-to-fight-for-one-shot?d=ud

It's a chapter on my one shots book, if that helps... the title of the chapter makes it kinda obvious which one it is too. ^_^

Song is 'cuz Naruto Shippuden is ending in a few weeks (at least I've heard...) And I am so paranoid... WHAT IF ALL OF THE THEORIES I'VE READ ARE TRUE????? TAT

Sorry... Just had get that out...

Love? Like? Dislike? Hate?