Graduating

This is it. Graduation day. Haruka was nervous, not being able to sleep at all the day before. She was fairly sure she would be on Nii-san's team, but there was always the slight chance that she wouldn't. And what would she do then? She spent all night pacing, thinking, planning. Yet, by the time she needed to get ready, she was no closer to a solution.

When the time came for Nii-chan to pick her up, she sat outside and waited. And waited. And waited. After ten minutes, she was worried. Haruka hadn't heard anyone enter his apartment at night, but what if something happened to him? Like a Ramen-overdose, or suffocation from his pillow?

Worriedly, she ran over to his door, and knocked loudly. When no one answered, her heart rate doubled. So many bloody scenarios played over in her head. She was over reacting, but didn't notice. Grabbing his spare key from the door frame, she let herself in, her two arm knives held at the ready position. This meant the metal part was forward, one parallel to her chest and the other below, over her stomach.

Crouching, she creeped closer and closer to the bedroom. There was always the possibility that he could be being held captive and tied up in his room, or the enemy could have stayed behind. Once she was outside the door, she pressed her back to the wall as she listened. Haruka could hear nothing what-so-ever. Breathing deeply, she counted down from three in her head. At three, she burst in with a battle cry, ready to attack.

Naruto had been enjoying a lovely Ramen filled dream when Haru woke him up. She ran in his room screaming like a mad women swinging her creepy knives everywhere. As he fell out of his bed, he had only one thought: Shit. She's here to dissect me.

Haruka relaxed her position and put her knives away as Oni-chan begged for his life on the floor, crying strange things about dissection. Obviously, though, there was no danger. So why had he not shown up?

After a few minutes, nii-chan calmed down as Haruka stared with a slight frown at him, not moving. They were both feeling confused, and was wondering what was wrong with each other.

"Why did you break into my place like that, Haru?!?! You scared me! Believe it!" Nii-chan stood, shock completely gone.

"I apologize. You had not shown up at the normal time for school and I was worried." She bowed in apology. Nii-chan blinked, looked at the clock, and cursed. He ran to his drawer and grabbed some clothes out of a drawer. Forgetting Haruka was in the room, he started stripping. Once his shirt was off, though, he remembered.

Blushing, he yelled "Haru! Get out so I can change!" She nodded and followed his command, stepping out. She was a bit concerned at all the crashing and thumping sounds she heard, but knew that no one else was in there, so brushed it off. Not a minute had passed when he ran out, grabbed her hand, and pulled her out the door.

"Damn it!" Nii-chan cursed, pulling her as fast as he could. "We're not gonna make it!"

"Would you like me to get us there on time?" Haruka looked at him seriously, somehow managing not to stumble as he dragged her.

"If you can, than hurry up!" As he said that, she went into action. She threw Nii-chan over her shoulder, simultaneously jumping and removing all her golden weight bands. It was dangerous, for if she ran too long on full speed, she could permanently mess up her legs, but surely this short distance would be fine. And if Nii-chan wanted something this bad, she would do all in her power to help.

Nii-chan screamed as she ran, flailing. Within seconds, they were at the doors. She didn't pause ad burst through the doors. She charged through the classroom door just as the bell rang. Her momentum threw her to the ground as she tried to stop. With a loud crash, both Haruka and Nii-chan layed in a heap on the floor.