16: Conversation

Emma ran through the woods and stopped near some tall trees. She hid there and watched Ariana talking to Carmen. She couldn't let Ariana be here alone.

She was in form wolf blended in with the trees. 'I can smell the evil in that woman. She's so, rotten.'

'Keep your guard up,' Emma said. 'We can't risk Ariana's life.'

Emma listened to her surroundings and the conversation between them.

"Ariana," the woman smiled. "I'm happy you came, so, how are you feeling? Are the medications helping?"

"Yes," she smiled. "I got a new medication, and they are helping more than the other ones. I feel much better."

"That's good," Carmen smiled. "Have you thought about what I told you? Are you willing to help me get revenge for your father?"

"Yes," Ariana said.

Emma could tell Ariana was nervous; her heart was beating so fast.

"Great," Carmen smiled. "Ariana, you are going to bring me, Emma and Suri. And the others the new Alpha will get them. And we can kill them together."

"But there are children," Ariana said.

"Oh, sweetie," Carmen tsk. "They aren't going to suffer; they will go peacefully, I promise. They are going to sleep and not wake up. That way, they won't feel any pain. As for adults, they are going to suffer."

"Okay," Ariana said. "How can I lure them here?"

"You're smart," she said. "You can figure it out."

"When?" Ariana asked.

"Don't worry," Carmen said. "Take your time; I will let you know when. We still don't have all the silver prepare, and we have a new allied, vampires. They want to take down the Clayton."

"Oh," Ariana frowned. "Okay, I should get going. I don't want them to be suspicious of me. It would be bad if they caught me talking to you."

"How is your husband?" Carmen asked.

"Fine," Ariana said. "Shaun is a great husband; he treats me well."

"Good," Carmen kissed Ariana's head. "I will get rid of Emma for you; that way, you and Shaun can live in peace."

"Mom," Ariana said.

Emma could hear the distaste roll of Ariana when she called that woman's mother.

"What about the Lycans?" Ariana asked.

"We can't mess with them," Carmen said. "They are too powerful, and our leader doesn't want anything to do with them. He will make a pact with them."

"Oh, that's good," Ariana said. "I'm sure Anton will accept it." Emma could sense the fear in Ariana. "Well, I'm going now. I will see you later."

Emma watched Ariana leave, and Carmen stood there watching too. Once Ariana was gone, Carmen left. Emma followed Ariana.

Ariana gasped. "Emma?"

She walked over and nudged her.

"Wow," Ariana smiled. "I have never seen a wolf, I mean I have, but they are normal wolves. You're huge. Can I touch your fur?" Emma nodded. Ariana placed her hand on her side. "Soft." She leaned, hugged her, and let out a sigh. "I was close to breaking and telling my mother how I felt. But I controlled myself."

Emma nuzzle her.

"Thanks," Ariana said. "For being there, I knew you were there. And I felt safe and dared not to lash out."