3: Ariana

Emma woke up early to go and visit Eliana. Eliana welcome her back with open arms. "I was so worried. I'm glad you made it home safely."

"Thanks," Emma smiled. "I'm sorry I left like that."

"I understand," she said. "The news about Shaun's marriage came as a shock for family and me. And also sorry about your father."

"Yeah," Emma sat down. "I miss my father very much. But I know he isn't in pain anymore."

"That's good," Eliana smiled. "So, I'm sure you didn't come all the way here to see me. You want to meet Ariana. Am I right?"

"Yes," she smiled. "I want to meet the woman that Shaun married. I'm not going to tell her anything about what happened between Shaun and me."

"Okay," Eliana smiled. "They should be coming for breakfast. You came at the right time. Come, you can help me set the table."

"Ma," Emma looked down. 

"Oh, Aken," Emma picked him up. "Look at you; you gotten big, haven't you." Aken giggled. "Aren't you a precious one."

"He seemed to miss you," Eliana said. "Aken would crawl to your room; he memorized your scent."

"I see," Emma smiled. "Well, I'm here for a while. We can spend time together. I'll tell you a story and sing to you."

Aken laughed and held on to her. Emma helped Eliana set the table while holding Aken. After that, Anibal walked in with Shaun, and the woman, Ariana, was thin and pale. Emma could sense the sickness in her. That disease was eating her alive.

"Emma?" Shaun looked at her.

"Hey," she smiled. "I came to visit Eliana before I head back home."

"Home?" Shaun frowned. "I thought you were staying here."

"I can't stay," she walked over, holding Aken. "I have duties to fulfill, if you must know, I'm taking over my fathers duties as Beta."

"Beta," Eliana gasped. "I never heard of a woman becoming Beta, that sounds wonderful. Good for you."

"Thank you," Emma said. "So, aren't you going to introduce me."

Shaun seemed pissed off but hid it. "Ariana, meet Emma, she's a friend of ours. A new friend. Emma, meet Ariana, my wife."

"Hi," Ariana smiled. "It's nice to meet you."

"Same here," Emma smiled.

"Anyways, let's eat before the food gets cold," Eliana said. 

Emma sat with Aken in her arms. 

Shaun sat next to her and Ariana on his other side.

Eliana and Anibal were across from them. Emma made sure to keep her distances. But through the whole meal, Shaun had his hand on her thigh. She pinched him and set Aken on her lap to keep Shaun's hands away from her.

After breakfast, Emma went to changed Aken, who had spilled milk on himself. And Shaun walked in. He gripped her waist. "Stop it; I'm changing Aken."

"You can't leave," he said. "Stay here with me."

"No," she picked Aken up and stepped away from Shaun. "I can't stay here, I'm Beta, and I have responsibilities now. Take care of your wife; she is very ill."

"I know," he sighed. "Emma, I want you here with me. Please?"

"I'm sorry," she said. "Now, I have to get back. I'm going to spend time with Aken." She walked out and went outside. "Let's go see the animals."