Ursulus (urs-a-lus)

Your POV
        "_____ GO GRAB THE SAIL SO IT DOESNT BLOW OFF!!" your father, the captain of the SeaDweller (the ships name) shouted over the loud storm. you nodded and ran to the sails rope and grabbed hold of it. your grip was as tight as it could be. you tried your hardest time fight against the strong wind and pelting rain. "who's idea was it to sail out here when there were dark clouds in the distance??" you muttered, struggling against the wind. the rain was soaking you and the rope making it harder for you to hang on. soon the ship was blown and crashed into a giant sea rock. the impact and wind were both so strong that your hands slipped off the moist rope and blew you against the rock. "_____!!!" was the last thing you heard before you fell into the water. you looked around and saw sharks all around you..not just any sharks..great whites. you tried to swim back up to the boat but a shark bit onto your leg. you accidentally screamed, losing your breath and you began to drown. 'this is what i get for being a pirates daughter' you thought as you began to loose consciousness. you felt to arms around you before everything went black.

Ursulus' POV
        he was making his way out of his cave to fend off the sharks that were surrounding it. he looked around and noticed an unfamiliar figure and started to swim towards it curiously. as he grew closer a shark swam up to the figure and bit it. Ursulus was angered at the shark for trying to eat whatever it was on HIS territory. he swam up to the shark and punched it on the nose and jabbed its eyes, making it release the clearly fragile creature. Ursulus got the shark to leave and he looked back at the creature it was attacking. 'a human! and a pretty one at that' Ursulus thought. 'shes out cold..probably drowning'. he looked up and saw a sinking ship. 'who would let a beautiful woman fall from a ship? better yet what idiot would bring out their ship in these conditions??' he shook his head from his thoughts and brought the human girl back to his cave where there was a small cave where he could lay her on the rocks the rocks above water. he swam quickly and placed her on the rocks above water. quickly healing her shark bite with his magic. "uhm..hello? wake up, you are above water now!" he said shaking her lightly. nothing. he leaned down and listened to her heart beat. it was too slow to be normal. "uh-uhhm im going to do something ive seen other humans do from afar..i just hope this works" he said, sighing. he opened her mouth and pressed on her chest three times before plugging her nose and connecting his mouth to hers and breathing in. he did this 3 more times before he saw her eyes open wide. she pushed him away and coughed up the left over water that was in her lungs. she clutched her chest, trying to catch her breath. once her breath got back to normal she looked back up at Ursulus and wrapped her arms around him, pulling him into an embrace. he froze, not hugging her back. "you saved me! thank you" she said squeezing him. he blushed slightly but ignored it. "uh yes i did..now who are you" he asked hiding his tentacles underwater so you wouldnt be frightened. "im _____, i was on my fathers ship when a storm came by and knocked me off the ship and into the water and you saved me! who are you?" she finally finished, smiling. he gulped, knowing the twisted story that lingers on. "Ursalus" he said looking down. her eyes widened. "i-i know you! you're from my fathers stories!" she said backing away. "no! you do not know me truly! you know the twisted tale!" he shouted, tears streaming down his face and he swam away.

Your POV
        "wait! Ursulus!" you called out. but it was too late. he was already gone. you sighed, feeling guilty. you looked around to see if there was a way out. you decided to climb up the cave in chance there may be an opening somewhere near the top. you were at the top when you heard Ursulus' voice. "_____ where are you? im sorry for snapping" he asked concerned. "im up here..i thought you wouldnt want anything to do with me so i tried to leave..im up top!" you shouted down to him. you looked down at him and immediately regretted your decision finally noticing how high up you were. "_____ come down from there you'll kill yourself!" he said sternly. "what if i lose my footing??" you asked clutching onto the rock. he sighed. "get let go, ill catch you!" he said extending his arms, ready to catch you. 'this is the craziest trust fall..i cant believe im doing this' you thought before you let go of the rock. you shut your eyes tightly. you landed in his strong arms and looked up at him. you smiled softly at him. "thank you..again" you said giggling lightly. he cracked a smile. "its no problem, _____" he said softly, looking sweetly into your eyes.

        you both sat there in peaceful silence staring into each others eyes. he coughed and sat you back on the rock. "would you mind if i told you my real story? rather than the twisted version everyone tells?" he asked politely. you smiled and nodded. he sighed running his hands through his hair. "well, you see, i used to be ruler of the sea until my cousin King Triton stole my throne. he took my scepter, crown, everything. i tried my best to regain my throne but it was no use. he had turned everyone against me using a spell. the only ones that stayed by my side were 2 eels. eventually, Triton decided to put a curse on me. the curse took away my fish tail and replaced it with tentacles. ugly hideous tentacles. and only true love can change me back to what i once was and break the spell on the citizens. but no one could love a hideous creature like myself..so im stuck like this forever." he said glumly. you frowned at him and hugged him tightly. this time he hugged back crying into your shoulder. "i just wanted my throne back. i didnt want to be reconciled and hated!" he cried. "shhh" you said stroking his hair. "it will be ok" you commented. "no it wont! they will never realize what truly happened because no one loves me" he sobbed holding you closer. you pulled him back and looked into his eyes. "i, for one, do NOT hate you. you helped me 2 times in the past hour. one of those being saving my life. you are so attractive, it should be illegal to look this good. anyone woman would be crazy if they ever rejected you!" you said cupping his face with your hands. he looked at you, shocked with what you said. he looked deep into your eyes, as if to check if you were lying, even though you were telling nothing but the truth. he seemed to realize your honesty and smiled warmly, pulling you into an embrace.

        once you both pulled away from the hug, he stared at you lovingly for a few moments, then cleared his throat and putting on a neutral face. "im guessing you would like to go back to shore?" he asked, curiously. you could see a tint of sadness in his eyes but you knew you had to return home, otherwise everyone would think you were dead. "i wish i didnt have to but i know i must" you said frowning. he nodded and then looked up at you. "will you come back and visit me? please?" he asked kindly, taking your hands in his. "of course!" you said smiling. he smiled back. "okay well hop on and take a deep breath!" he said turning around so you could climb on his back. you got onto his back wrapping your arms around his neck. you took a deep breath and he went underwater and swam you to the shallow parts of the beach. you allowed yourself to breathe again when your head was above water. you got off his back, standing in hip high water. he stood on his tentacles looking down at you, since he was taller. "i hope to see you soon, ______" he said taking your hand and kissing it. you blushed and hugged him. "you will" you whispered. you pulled from the hug and swam your way back to shore. once you got onto the beach you looked back and saw that Ursulus was gone. 'he sure is something' you thought to yourself.

Ursulus' POV
        Ursulus swam around with a huge grin upon his face. '_____ is different from the others. shes kind and understanding. she accepts me even when i look like this!' he thought as he swam back into his cave laying on his sea bed of sea sponges.  he closed his eyes falling asleep as he thought of you. then he heard splashing and sobbing from afar and went to see what it was.

Your POV
        you entered you small town house and saw your dad with a beer in his hand and his head in his other hand. "uhm..papa? its me _____" you said, entering the kitchen. he looked up with bloodshot eyes, showing he had been crying. "_____?" he asked as if he couldnt believe what he was seeing. you nodded. "oh my gosh _____!!! you're okay! i thought i lost you! how did you get back?" he asked running up and hugging you. "i was caught in a rip current and got pulled out to sea, but i did swim back" you lied. your father would never believe that you met Urulus who saved you. "well thank god you're back! you are never going in that water again. im not going to chance losing you again!" he said. "but dad i love to swim!" you defended. "we have a bathtub. you arent going in that ocean again" he said sternly. "fine!" you said stomping out of the house ignoring his calls behind you.

        you ran back to the beach and ran into the water, tripping over yourself in shin deep water. you started sobbing and slapping the water. "Ursulus. Ursulus i need you. please" you sobbed, looking out to sea. you shook your head standing up, still bawling. you turned to walk away when you heard a familiar voice. "whats wrong, my dear?" you heard Ursulus ask. you turned around and ran over to him tackling him in a hug into the water. you got off him still crying. he looked at you with a concerned expression and began wiping your tears. "shhh shhh what happened _____?" he asked sweetly. "my-my dad" you sputtered out. "did he hurt you??" Ursulus growled. "emotionally yes. physically no" you replied, sniffling. "what did he do?" he asked. "he forbid me from coming here again. i ran out tonight..but this may be the last time you see me" you explained starting to cry again. Ursulus looked at you in disbelief. he began shaking his head. "no! he cant take you from me!!" he said pulling you into a tight embrace. "i dont want him to either" you said crying into his shoulder.  "come live with me!" he said suddenly. "Ursulus..you know i cant do that" you said sadly. "why not?" he asked stubbornly. "im human! i cant breathe underwater" you explained. "i can do magic _____, i can transform you into a mermaid." he said tightening the embrace. you sighed thinking it over.

        soon, you agreed with Ursulus' offer. he took you back to the cave you had been in before and sat you on the rock. he told you to wait there as he went back to make the potion. soon he came back with the elixir in his hand. he handed it to you. you were about to drink it when you paused. "wait what's the catch?" you asked. "_____ there is no catch for you, my dear. i only have payments for those who i dont like. you, on the other hand, are a different story..now drink up"  he said smiling warmly at you. you smiled and lent down, kissing his cheek. he blushed and laughed nervously. you giggled and then drank the entire potion. you saw glowing your legs glowing with a golden light. once the light faded you saw your new, beautiful, ruby colored tail. you were a mermaid now. you smiled widely and tackled Ursulus in a hug. however something felt odd on your chest as you were hugging Ursulus. you looked up at his face and he was looking upwards blushing. confused, you looked down and noticed you had nothing covering your breasts. you squeaked in surprise and backed away from the hug covering your breasts. he laughed saying "be right back" you waited and soon he came back with two large shells with a string. you took it from him and put on your seashell type bra. you smiled at him and hugged him. "im so lucky to have you" you said kissing his cheek. "i believe its the other way around" he said looking into your eyes. you smiled up at him. then you remembered you could now breathe underwater and decided to try it out. you smiled at him and slipped into the water and took a deep breath. you smiled. it was just like breathing air!! Ursulus chuckled at your enthusiasm. you swam up to him. "Ursulus show me around! this is so amazing!" you exclaimed. he laughed and nodded.

        the tour was amazing! Ursulus would say facts about the things you both looked at, which you found adorable. finally, you were at your last stop. the palace. it was completely made of gold. you looked at it in awe. "woah" you breathed. "i know..you can go look around if you would like? i shall wait here for you " he said putting a hand on your shoulder. you looked at him. "are you sure?" you asked him. "yes, go ahead" he said smiling. you smiled and pecked his cheek before swimming over to the palace. you swam through the town looking at all the things they made and all the people. you were in awe at how beautiful it all was.

Sebastian's POV (yupp..the crab)
        he was making his daily routine to see if everything was in check when he saw a mermaid he had never seen before. he eyed her skeptically. he decided to go to King Triton.

        "KING TRITON! THERE'S AN UNFAMILIAR MERMAID IN TOWN!!" he said scurrying into the throne room. "what??" Triton asked shocked. "yes sire!" Sebastian cried. "well follow her!" Triton demanded. Sebastian nodded, leaving to find and follow the strange mermaid. he found her and followed her around. and then saw her swimming away from town. he followed her as swiftly as he could and noticed a notorious face. Ursulus. he swam as fast as he could back to the palace. he had to tell Triton of this at once! it was his duty.

Your POV
        "oh Ursulus it was wonderful! so bright and colorful. only i wish you were with me" you admitted, as you both entered the cave. "why?" he asked curiously. "because you're so amazing. knowing you, you would have spit out facts and stories of the things i saw" you said smiling. he smiled back. "if i didnt know better, id say you were infatuated with me" he said nudging you. you blushed and whispered, "maybe i am" while looking to the side. he stopped getting ready for sleep when he heard that. "wait what?" he asked shocked. "i said: maybe i am" you said in your normal volume looking into his eyes. he swam over to you cupping your cheeks with his hand. he was smiling like a mad man. "good! because im infatuated with you as well!" he said overjoyed. he leaned in planting a passionate, loving kiss upon your lips. you closed your eyes wrapping your arms around his neck. you felt tingles go down your spine. you were soon distracted by a bright light coming from beneath you. you pulled away and looked at Ursulus' tentacles turning into a tail, a sleek, black tail. his skin remained a light purple but you didnt mind, you loved him even when he was with his tentacles. you looked up at him and saw him smiling down at his tail as well. "im myself again _____! im myself! and its all because of you! thank you so much _____!" he said swimming around and then back over to you to kiss you again. you kissed him back lovingly before pulling away "it was my pleasure. now lets go regain your kingdom, love!" you said pulling him out of the cave.

Sebastian's POV
        he was about to enter the throne room when something happened. he had flashbacks of Ursulus being king and how Triton came into the throne room and cursed Ursulus and the citizens of Atlantis. he frowned in anger at not only Triton but at himself for betraying Ursulus. he was about to go tell the citizens when Ursulus and the mysterious girl came in smiling triumphantly with all the citizens behind them. Ursulus had his amazing tail back! his tail was larger than other merpeople since he was king. his large tail showed dominance. then they burst into the throne room.

Your POV
        "TRITON STEP DOWN FROM KING URSULUS' THRONE NOW!" you shouted at Triton. "oh look at that. Ursulus found true love. time to wipe her memory though. just as i will have to do to everyone else." he said raising his trident to strike. however you swam up to him quickly and grabbed his trident throwing it to the ground before grabbing him by the beard and dragging him over to Ursulus. Ursulus took the crown from Triton's head and placed it on his own. "Triton. you have betrayed me, cursed me, and made my life hell. thank you. for without that i would have never met _____, my precious, perfect lover. however you do still need to be punished. clip his tails so he cannot swim and send him to the dungeons, where he shall spend the rest of his life in" commanded Ursulus. 'damn that is sexy' you thought to yourself biting your lip and staring at Ursulus as the guards took Triton away. Ursulus smiled and grabbed your hand as he went to his throne and sat upon it, bringing you into his lap. "citizens, i forgive you all for treating me as you did. you were under a curse. i understand. also! this beautiful woman here. is _____ my lover, and your queen! you shall treat her with the utmost respect." he announced proudly. "LONG LIVE THE KING AND QUEEN! LOVE LIVE THE KING AND QUEEN!!" chanted the citizens. you and Ursulus smiled. "okay okay go back to your lives everyone" Ursulus said waving them off. they all left except one crab. "yes, Sebastian, you still have your job, but for now, leave _____ and i to ourselves, go have fun and celebrate with the rest of the citizens" Ursulus said kindly. Sebastian smiled and nodded before leaving the room and closing the door behind him. Ursulus turned to you. "ya know _____ what you did back there was super sexy" he said running his hand up and down your back. you blushed and smirked. "and so were you with all that power in your voice, i mean damn" you said running your hand up and down his chest. he smiled and kissed you gently. you smiled and kissed back. "i love you, my queen" he said once you both pulled away. "i love you too, my king" you responded cuddling into him.

The End.