C H A P T E R N I N E

Start from the beginning

"Okay!" I said while rolling my eyes at him and stormed into the bathroom.

He wants me to dress ladylike?!

Fine!!!

Digging into my suitcase, I took out a black, turtle neck, a sleeveless, body-fitted dress.

I'll show him how ladylike I can be!!

Stripping off of my clothes, I slipped the dress on and then stood on Front of the mirror. I did my makeup and my hair. Adding a pair earring, I on a black stocking, since it was snowing and put on my black block heels then stood in front of the mirror again.

Damn, is this me?!

I couldn't believe what I was seeing...

"Can you hurry up?!" Xavier shouted at me and I rolled my eyes to him.

"Just give me a minute," I said and looked at my appearance one last time before taking a deep breath and opening the door.

Walking out, I stood behind his back. "I'm ready," I said and he turned around.

I watched as his eyes scanned my body from the top all the way down to the bottom.

Our eyes met and I quickly averted my eyes from him. "What are you wearing?" He finally spoke.

"Clothes...duh!" I answered.

"I didn't tell you to wear such inappropriate clothes," he said and I huff at him.

"You said dress ladylike so...I dressed ladylike"

"But not like---"

"Can we go? Or do you want me to stay?" I asked.

"Fine. Let's go" he said and I grabbed my black purse before following him.

Exiting the main door we saw the limo pulled up and we both entered.

Sitting inside the limo, I let out a breath and gobble down a bottle of water.

Looking around the limo, I saw Xavier looking at me in disgust.

"What?" I asked and he turned his head in disgust.

Stupid!

The place suddenly became quiet and I was bored.

"Is there anything is should know before we arrive?" I asked.

I just wanted to talk.

"hmm.....Actually yes. Please be on your best behavior and just act like an 'Actual' lady. Also, we have to act like we actually love each other so that people would believe we married out of love. Oh and also the men at the meeting like flirting with every woman they see, so try your best not to talk to them and please don't embarrass me" he said.

"Okay," I said in a flat tone while fixing my makeup.

I didn't really pay attention to what he was saying.

"I'm being serious Emily. If you do embarrass me, I'm not taking you to the amusement park" he warned me in a serious tone and I immediately looked at him.

"Okay!"

...

We finally arrived.

I entered after Xavier as everyone started at me. I could feel their stares burning through me.

Clenching my purse to my waist, I walked elegantly beside Xavier while showing no emotion except an elegant one.

Entering the elevator, I let out a sigh as the door closed.