Chapter Seventeen

‎                          بِسْمِ ٱللَّهِ ٱلرَّحْمَٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

Zaid immediately checked his phone and saw Asiya simply replying to his Salam and saying sorry plainly for not checking up on him and he felt a little bit disappointed and he feared that he will never have a place in Asiya's life after what he made her went through but then he said to his self I will do whatever it takes to win her heart and I will make sure that she's my last, my support and the best friend I always needed after maa has passed away. He couldn't withstand what he is feeling in his heart and what he is feeling for Asiya is very different from what he felt towards his other ex wives. He took a deep breath and dialed her number even though he knows it's late but he just wanted to hear her voice which he yearns for.

Asiya didn't have an ounce of sleep for she was still in shock of Zaid's message but the main reason for her not sleeping was that she's missing her mother, she wept her eyes out, prayed, recite the Quran, asked Allah (swa) to forgive her parents and allow her to be with them in Jannatul firdaus. She was tossing and turning till her phone started to ring and the caller ID shows Z and she was startled, it rang for the fifth time before she summed up the courage and picked up the phone shaking vigorously not knowing what to say even though she crave to hear her Z's voice.

Zaid almost gave up when Asiya didn't pick the call thinking she might have slept already but when she eventually picked up he was so happy but at the same time nervous not knowing what to say. They were both mute for almost two minutes hearing their breath not knowing what to say before Zaid summed up the courage and Salaamed, after salaaming and greetings they were short of words yet again and it's making the situation so awkward. Zaid decided to plead with her to come to the hospital and stay with him before he gets discharge as Ruman's exams is approaching and that was his only excuse for him to get his Asiya close to him. Asiya was quiet because she can't say no to Zaid but she hate going back to the hospital as it reminded her of the last moments of her mother. She cleared her throat and said okay I will in sha Allah come tomorrow and Ruman can come back home to prepare for her exams. They Salaamed and ended the call. Both of them didn't sleep that night thinking of how awkward the situation might be when they meet tomorrow.

Asiya took a long and relaxing shower, applied moisturizer and brought out her coffee black abaya with matching veil, dressed up and applied her Oudh perfume, took her clutch and called her driver after arranging the porridge and oats she prepared for Zaid in food warmers. The driver took the food warmers from her and arranged it in the passenger's seat while she sat in the honest corner and they silently drove to mount Sinai hospital, all the way there her heart was beating rapidly, she kept on chanting Duas under her breath till they reached the VIP room where Zaid is. Ruman has already left for college and she will be going home from there. The driver left Asiya in the hospital saying he have to take the car to the car wash. Asiya Salaamed and entered the room and found Zaid fast asleep and she couldn't wish for more. She arranged the food warmers and sat on the couch facing Zaid. Few minutes later Zaid wake up and caught Asiya looking at him intensely, Asiya felt extremely shy to be caught. Zaid smile at her and allow his self to perceive her oudh scent. He spoke to reduce the tension and awkwardness in the room, he said I didn't know you came you should have wake me up, Asiya just smiled and started playing with her veil to avoid eye contact with him. He saw the food warmers and said oh you brought food that's great I want some, by the way what have you cooked. Asiya said it's aloo (potatoes) and kidney porridge with oats. Upon hearing that Zaid grins from ear to ear saying she should serve him. She did that and handover the bowl to him but to her surprise Zaid said he cannot eat unless she feeds him. She started sweating and Zaid being the stubborn one he refused to take the bowl from her and when she saw how serious he was she took a stool and sat down to feed him, while she was feeding him he hold her hand and placed it on his chest and he briefly closed his eyes while tears were flowing down his cheeks, Asiya was perplexed seeing Zaid cries is the last thing she wanted to see at least not now that he is still sick. She asked him if everything is okay and he wiped away his tears drawing her to his chest she was too shocked and the butterflies in her stomach are singing plus dancing, this is the first time she allowed her self and embraced him sobbing hard on his chest. While he draw circles on her back telling her it will be okay and that her mother is in a better place. After the crying session was over silence descended in room and to make things more awkward Zaid gaze was at Asiya's every move. Saying in his heart what makes him not see the pure and golden heart of this beautiful woman beside him, what makes him treated her like a trash, what makes him thought she was like them, even though he cannot tell what is inside her heart but he knows for sure that he wants to make things right from now, he wants to make amends, he wants her forgiveness and above all her love, he wants to move on and give them a try, a chance for perhaps one day they will work. And Asiya on the other hand was busy thinking what has gotten into Zaid, perhaps he might have pity her and she knows for sure she never have a place in his life nor is there a chance for them to be happily ever after, she's just waiting for him to recover fully and bring up the divorce issue since the one that wanted this union is no more and she doesn't want any more dramas in her life again for she has had enough.

Assalamu Alaykum warahmatullAhi wabarkatuHu I hope all of you are in good state of health and eman.

This is getting interesting 💃💞💞 want to know what will happen next? lol keep reading

Don't forget to vote and comment and tell a friend to tell a friend to tell a friend 💝

                                                   Bint_Amin 🌹