Chapter sixteen

‎                       بِسْمِ ٱللَّهِ ٱلرَّحْمَٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

It has been three days since I regained conscious and Asiya didn't even bother to pay me a visit I mean have I messed up this badly, I saved her mother for Allah's sake. This girl doesn't know how to appreciate people, the least she can do is to check on me but she's too bullet headed. Wait why I am even troubling myself with someone that doesn't matter in the first place. Zaid hissed and said I cannot help but think of her and I hate what my heart does whenever I thought of her or her name being mentioned. What is wrong with me he inquired.         
Few minutes later when Ruman came in to check on him, she saw him so lost in his thoughts that he didn't even notice her presence in the room, the thing begin to worry her, she said akhi do you perhaps notice my presence or you are just trying to ignore me? Zaid sighs and Oh my Good God,  Ruman you complain a lot now tell me how's Asiya's mother doing, I hope she's feeling better,  Ruman was baffled at first but remained composed so that Zaid will not think something is at all wrong for it will be bad to his health, she gave him a very tight smile saying or aunty ji is fine alhamdulillah, she's feeling much better, even though she almost choked when saying that but thank God Zaid didn't notice anything. Zaid wanted to hear about his wife but it seems no one understand that and I can lose my mind any second without setting my eyes on her, why don't they understand what I need the most right now, I am going to die if she didn't show up for I am tired of this torture. Ruman was busy rambling when she noticed Zaid is not even listening to her at all, she squall, rolling her eyes irritatedly saying forget it I don't wanna talk to you again. Cmon Asiya please don't say you don't wanna talk to me, I cannot bear this torture anymore please Asiya, Ruman was agape, akhi did you just call me Asiya? Wait do I look like Asiya to you? Oh so you were busy thinking of your better-half while I am here blabbering right, I am really hurt akhi she  feints a hurt look. Zaid felt so embarrassed that he covered his eyes with pillow and then throw it at Ruman saying you naughty girl come here, they started laughing heartily when a nurse came in to give him his medication and check his vitals, when she was done she said you are really improving and I think you can be discharged after a week or so. He sighs dramatically saying I really cannot wait because I am tired of being stuck in a room full of medications, the nurse smiled and said don't worry I will talk to the doctor and see what we can do since you're tired of us already.

    oh Mss Ruman I haven't seen Mrs Zaid since her husband regained conscious I hope all is well with her, I mean she had sleepless nights  crying and checking on Mr. Zaid, poor thing, Ruman signaled at the nurse for her to stop which she did and she was glad while in the other hand Zaid was surprised how his wife took care of him while he was unconscious but refuses to show up when he regained conscious but then it makes me happy that she cares about me at least he doesn't have to worry more now. He told Ruman to get him a phone and SIM card, Ruman started teasing him saying aww so now you can't even wait to go back home yeah I see, you definitely need a phone or else this room won't be enough for your explosion. He throw the pillow he was holding at her saying please stop this nonsense and get me a phone now if you don't want me to cry for you, Ruman was like aww I don't want you to cry baby akhi I will get you a phone now Mr. Romantic she laughed mischievously. When she stepped out of the room she cried of joy seeing her brother coming back to normal like he was is one of the greatest thing they pray day and night for, she thanks Allah over and over again for allowing her witnessing her akhi's change.

       Asiya was busy preparing supper when her phone beeps, she didn't even care to check it. She finished everything, arranged in food warmers for Zaid and Ruman and arranged her in-law's own in the dining area, she went back to her apartment took shower and say her isha prayer, after praying for her deceased parents she prayed for the good health of her husband and protection for her in-laws and the umma at large. She laid her bed and set to retire for the day when her phone started ringing and a smile made it way on her face when she saw the caller ID. Assalamu Alaykum Mart akhi said Ruman and Asiya replied wa'alaykissalam Ruman. How was your day asked Ruman and Asiya replied Alhamdulillah it was okay and yours ? She said same Alhamdulillah. You have a very bad habit of throwing your phone anywhere and your husband won't let me rest in peace till I call you, Asiya laugh what do you mean Ruman? Just check your message please she said rolling her eyes as if Asiya can see her, she said okay I will. Okay Allah hafiz mark akhi she ended the call. Asiya was wondering what does Ruman meant when she said your husband won't allow me Rest In Peace till I call you? well let me check my inbox and see for myself

Unknown number : Assalamu Alaykum dear wifey I hope you are doing good! Since you refused to check on me I said let me do so. Take care 💝

Asiya was ball over and keep reading the message again and again and again. Her heart was dancing disco and almost coming out of her chest. She didn't even know how to reply this message but then I have to she thought. She then saved the number as Z and started typing

Asiya: wa'alaykassalam! I am fine alhamdulillah, sorry for not checking up on you

Zaid have been looking at his screen for the past few hours and when it beeps he almost jumped out of excitement

Assalamu Alaykum warahmatullAhi wabarkatuHu I hope all of you are in good state of health and eman.

Hmmm this is seriously serious... have Zaid perhaps fall for Asiya or there is another motive behind his change? Anyway keep reading to find out

Don't forget to vote and comment and tell a friend to tell a friend to tell a friend 💝

                                                   Bint_Amin 🌹